Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=82a2d2beec5339b091939f8ebc4f1463Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackbriar ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appologize if I make this seem like a stat sheet. It's how I'm used to introducing myself. My name is Kris a.k.a. Blackbriar Rose. I'm currently in San Jose living in a Job Corps center. After graduation, I'll likely join either the Southern Cali base or the Canada base

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? I have yet to send in my application Crying or Very sad
* What part of our base are you from? Northern Cali
* What inspired you to join? my love for starwars
* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member? I don't know. I'm no one, yet
* What does The Rebel Legion mean to you? It's my chance to be a public geek
* What sorts of things would you like to see happening in our Base? Having a recruitment booth similar to that of the military set up at FanimeCon and other events.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Rebel Legion Blackbriar! You know, if you have a costume put together before graduation you can apply to be a full Rebel Legion member. Then if you move, it's really easy to transfer your base. People do it all the time Smile

I don't think I'll be hitting FanimeCon since it's the same weekend as BayCon. If I have to choose, I suspect BayCon may have more sci-fi costumers? Still waiting to see if my inquiry for a table will get a reply!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Blackbriar ()

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for being so nice. I wish this forum had a friends list....
Scottrooper

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, I'm officially an official member :-D

Name: Scott Simpson
Costumes: Rebel Fleet Trooper, Biker Scout, 327th Division Clone, Darth Nihilus

Well, I've been floating around the RL for quite a while now I guess, mostly through my participation with the 501st. At some point I decided that I wanted to do a Rebel Costume and elected to do the RFT. (I think it was because Pam had been looking into a Leia costume and we typically do end up with paired costumes. (Aayla and my clone, Nihilus and her in progress Visas Marr... etc..) Leia got shelved, but we did get the RFT put together and I wore it for the first time to C4 (with the dreaded tan pants instead of the grey..I was so embarrassed.. Wink ) and was prodded by a couple of the RFT's down there to sign up. So we got back, and I procrastinated and put it off, and eventually ordered new pants. :-) Costume has been accepted, so now I'm finally an official member Cool

My goals as a member of the RL:
To continue encouraging RL members to participate in events in the valley. Just now, from inside the group instead of outside :-)

Future costuming goals:
It'd be fun to do an Endor Commando or a pilot at some point (but Pam'll tell me that I've gotta finish some of my other costume projects first.)
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our new members. We've had a lot of new additions to Endor Base lately!

I'm finally getting around to posting in this thread...
My name is Tina and I joined Rebel Legion in February 2007. I started with a Leia costume and added an Old Republic Jedi costume last summer.

I've been a Star Wars fan since the very first movie. In fact, my mom made me my first Leia costume for Halloween when I was about 8! After Return of the Jedi, I didn't really follow Star Wars anymore until Episode I came out in '99. I had a few Star Wars toys that I had saved since I was a kid and after watching TPM, I started to get in to collecting. I collect a little bit of everything, but Leia, of course, is one of my favorite characters to collect.

In 2006, I joined Sacramento Valley Rogue Force and met a few people who were costumers, which got me interested in costuming. I really enjoy hanging out with other Star Wars fans and it's a lot of fun going to events in costume. I hope to be able to attend more Rebel Legion events in Northern California this year and I hope to see more events in the central valley.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Quinlan Vos (Myke Soler)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: new jedi of the old republic Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
I posted earlier, but, as of today, I am now a full RL member.
Mr. Green
STORMPOOL
www.facebook.com/jedi.diver
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: new jedi of the old republic Reply with quote

Quinlan Vos wrote:
Hello everyone.
I posted earlier, but, as of today, I am now a full RL member.
Mr. Green

Yay! Congratulations Myke! I was out of town so I've still got to check all my e-mail and PMs Smile It's nice to have another Jedi join Endor Base. I know you've been pretty active up in Sacramento so I'd imagine Tina & Devin are happy to have you join too.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Liquidspaceman ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Hello All.
I forgot to introduce myself. I've been posting on another thread and forgot to start here. I am currently working on a R2 droid and I am coordinating an event, in October where I have invited the Endor Base to come along. I never realized how involved this group is and I love all the charity work that you do. My Droid is actually a R4-G9, the Coppertop Droid. I'm only just starting on it, but I enjoy all the help I'm getting with it. I think I will eventually need a costume to go along with my little buddy. (Kay_Dee a little help. lol) Well, That's about it for now, as I am about 2 hours late to work. The perils of being self employed!

Liquidspaceman, over and out

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
our last frontier on the planet Earth.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Liquidspaceman! I'm glad you stumbled upon our little band of Rebels - we are slowly starting to become a bit more active now that our membership is growing and we have this fantastic new RL web site with an event request form (Yay for the web team!)

Wow, we are getting a lot of droid building going on in Northern California. My husband toyed with the idea of building R4-M9 but he concluded that we don't have enough work space in our garage and since we don't have an SUV we'd have no way to transport him!

Oh yeah, a costume to go with your droid would be very cool Smile There are some easy ones like Rebel Fleet Trooper that you could put together. Even something like the OT crew jumpsuits could be an option. Though your droid is from ROTS - you could always costume as Obi-Wan (it's his droid) or a generic Jedi!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Liquidspaceman ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome Kay_Dee! In regards to the garage. I have a self imposed rule that I need to clean up the garage before I start another project, especially one of this caliper and time commitment Laughing
I was thinking of Obi-Wan. It means converting my
goatee back into a beard. Ben
Well, I must go start cleaning out the garage if I want to have some type of a little buddy for the event in October.

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquidspaceman wrote:

In regards to the garage. I have a self imposed rule that I need to clean up the garage before I start another project, especially one of this caliper and time commitment Laughing ]

Ah, I wish cleaning was our problem. Our garage is small. We barely fit both our cars in with a few boxes stored along the wall. The home owners association will not allow us to park a car outside. Oh well! So much for the passing 'Hey, I could build a droid' idea. LOL!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Liquidspaceman ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... Garages are for cars? Shocked
I didn't know that. Laughing
Our car was in our garage, I think maybe once, about 14yrs ago.

Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Liquidspaceman. Good to see you on the boards and it's nice to hear that you're thinking of doing a costume too! I'm sure the droid building is going to keep you plenty busy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Liquidspaceman ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia1138 wrote:
Welcome Liquidspaceman. Good to see you on the boards and it's nice to hear that you're thinking of doing a costume too! I'm sure the droid building is going to keep you plenty busy!

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman... R2 D2

Thanks for the welcome!
Yea! as if I have all this time on my hands! If I could only live on another planet where the days are longer... Laughing
...Liquidspaceman, over and out

dork vader ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm Eugene from the Sacramento area. I saw STAR WARS (ANH) for the first time at the age of 5, and I've been a SW junkie ever since. Lucas once said that STAR WARS is actually the story of the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. That's why Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is my favorite character in the saga.

The Rebel Legion is my newest home. I'm proud to be a part of Endor Base. My Anakin Skywalker costume got me approved to join the ranks. This was due to the help and support I received from my brothers and sisters at Sonsofthesuns.com. This was my very first STAR WARS costume project.

Prop/costume component building has become my newest obsession (as well as a way to fund it). I'm always willing to share whatever I know when it comes to making or acquiring parts for a costume. Feel free to ask. Believe me, I'll be hitting you up for advice too.

I've had the good fortune to meet some of you in person or at least correspond via e-mail or PM. It'll be great to meet more members in the near future.

Peace out.

anakin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: