Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=319ce8f531981d8e6069f974b60e3f19Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rebel Legion Corran_r9. Hey, there's nothing wrong with Star Trek, but SW costumes are much cooler IMHO. Wink I hope you'll find a lot of useful costuming information in our forums.

No, the costumes in the Rebel Legion do not have to be made by the person wearing them. People often have friends make them costumes, or they find seamstresses or online sources for getting custom costume parts. The idea is generally to steer clear of low quality Halloween costumes. Take the time to really research the elements of your character's costume and find high quality parts. A lot of the costume sections point people to tutorials and forums which have resources for acceptable costume parts.

Hope that helps!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
corran_r9 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome.I agree, SW costumes are much cooler. I'm hoping to start off with a Jedi costume. Then work towards some others, maybe a Han Solo one, or an officer or trooper uniform. Its great to see other fans that share my love of Star Wars. Don't find many in Alaska. I'd love to meet some other Alaskan members! And Thank you for the info.
dork vader ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tom! There are a variety of resources here and elsewhere to help you out. A lot of people learn to sew while making their first costume. Here's a site that helped me out big time with sewing tips: http://www.padawansguide.com/

Everyone here is helpful, so don't hesitate to ask questions.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see... here's a good place to start...

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? About an hour ago.
* What part of our base are you from? Woodland -
* What inspired you to join? 1. It's Star Wars - nobody else I know seems to understand it... 2. Been thinking about it for a few years, finally got the nerve to do it - and mostly done with the costume thing.

I am a 36 year old science teacher, no kids, but 4 cats.
I first saw Star Wars when I was 5 (Mom has a picture of me with an R2-D2 iron-on) and have been addicted to it since. I have 5 lightsabers (with working LED's) and am working on a GONK droid to hold my various Star Wars bits - and keep the wife happy, and keep the cats out of them...

I've almost finished my first costume - the obi needs to be sized and finished, and I only have a dyed v-neck tee shirt for the under tunic. Belt, with pouches, food pellets (I made mine green) and a lightsaber clip are done. Prop boots now - real boots will have to wait until the budget has a little more room. I even have version of a holo-projector done, though the wife asked why it didn't light up - so I guess I'll make another. Then a com-link, maybe an aqua-breather, and a couple of blasters...

Since it's the start of the school year - it may be a bit until I can get my outfit completed - and then submitted.

Still, it's nice to see there are others who like this stuff as much as I do! And a friendly bunch too!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Gizmocat. Wow, congratulations on nearly completing your Jedi costume. It will be great to have another new member join our ranks. Your GONK droid sounds pretty cool too Mr. Green

As you put the finishing touches on your Jedi costume you might want to check out our costume standard elements guide. We have guidelines for Old Republic Jedi and New Republic Jedi. I do know that for Old Republic Jedi that T-shirts are discouraged as inner tunics. If your outer tunic covers up your inner dyed V-neck T that could work just fine though. The key thing to look at for Full Rebel Legion membership is that you have at least 3 of the "Formal" items from either of the Generic Jedi lists to complete your outfit. Often New Republic Jedi costumes are easier to meet the requirements for.

I'm not the one who reviews costumes, that's done by the Legion Jedi Costume Representatives (I don't even get notices when people have submitted photos for review). But if you have an questions feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? 5 minutes ago my costume was approved

* What part of our base are you from? Born in Yuba City, Currently working in San Francisco

* What inspired you to join? My love of star wars and cosplay

26 Year old dude, plays lots of computer games, snowboards and fishes.
I work for USDA and am finishing up my enlistment in the Airforce Reserves.
I have been a starwars fan ever since about 1985 when my mom rented this thing called a VCR and we could finally watch ESB. My mom took me to see ROTJ but she said i cried every time they showed jabba the hutt.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Thomas on becoming an official Rebel Legion member!

Yuba City huh? Did you live there long? I'll be passing through Marysville tomorrow morning on the way to our cabin. But that's waaay out in the boonies past a town called La Porte.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
spoox (Miranda)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! My name is Miranda and I am a crazy 37 years young lady from Juneau, Alaska. I was just approved as a member of the RL with my Captain Rex costume Smile
I think I am the first female with this suit haha
Next to Rex I also have a Snow Trooper and Tie Pilot costume and I have a Stormy in the box ready to be put together.
My hobbies are photography, graphic design, Disturbed, Sci-Fi and horror movies and much more!

I am looking forward to get to know you all and hopefully to troop with you guys sometime soon!

They say most of your brain shuts down during cryo-sleep. All but the primitive side, the animal side. No wonder I'm still awake
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cool.... another 501st/RL dual membership! Welcome aboard!

Pam :-)
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Miranda! That's an excellent Captain Rex costume! Thanks for joining the Rebel Legion. Thanks to you, we now have a full member (rather than a forum member) in Alaska once again. Woo hoo! I've had other members contacting me wondering if we had members in Alaska - thanks for leading the charge. Smile Hopefully others in Alaska will be joining soon too!

Hey, and it looks like Endor Base continues to have a lot of 'firsts' for costumes in the Rebel Legion. You're the first female Rex Wink (John Schlosser was the first Rex in the Legion).

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
dork vader ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Miranda! Very nice Rex.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Miranda (fellow TI PI). Welcome to EB!

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ciscotiger ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I’ve been recently approved into the Rebel Legion with my Clone Trooper costume and will submit my generic Jedi costume after the holidays. I’ve been officially costuming for slightly over a year with the 501st. After trooping this last year, meeting Matt, Kathy, and many others from the Endor Base, I decided to also join the Rebel side. Evil or Very Mad though I'm a bad boy at heart, there's a little good in me....

It was kind of a fluke that I came across cosplaying after seeing people doing it for years. It has been fun and rewarding making kids and adults smile and generating donations to the “Make A Wish Foundation” while cosplaying.

I go under the alias “ciscotiger” and have two other approved costumes with the 501st. They are the Stormtrooper and Darth Maul. I’m currently working on my Boba Fett costume and hope to have it completed next year.
Mr. Green
dork vader ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Anthony! Looking forward to seeing that Clone Trooper in person sometime soon as well as the Jedi and Fett. Your level of ambition is off the charts!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Ciscotiger! Great costume!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: