Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50072f2a1719ce31f28b2f6455adf5adMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Chewbacca mesh suit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dempseyjm (Justin Dempsey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Chewbacca mesh suit. Reply with quote

my wife and I have been working on my chewbacca suit for a couple weeks now. we just tried the pants on with the little bit of latch hooking that she has done. we are concerned that the the bottom doesnt flare out enough. any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.
thanks.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ONGMCaZ
Sky Guy ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic wonít post, but if youíre going the route of high steppers, you might
Want to make the Pants wide from top to bottom. Bell Bottoms, wonít look good. C
Big Bear ()
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I made my legs first (stilts and feet with hair) and then I made the pants to fit not only the height that I needed but also the width to be able to cover the legs and not look odd with the dreaded knee bump.
Sky Guy ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like youíre on the right track. Try reposting Pics so we can see what, if anything your concerns are. They may not need adjusting. C
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky Guy ()

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see, There two ways to go on this, but it depends on what you want to do, after all, itís your Chewie, one is to add mesh to your pants (not hard to do ) to the bottom of the stilts. Or two, Attach mesh to the foam wrap around the metal frame at the bottom where your toes will be. From the Pic taken itís cut off at the bottom, so I canít see how high you needed to lift, but as long as itís not too much, You should be fine with a mesh and wrap. C
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky Guy wrote:
Now I see, There two ways to go on this, but it depends on what you want to do, after all, itís your Chewie, one is to add mesh to your pants (not hard to do ) to the bottom of the stilts. Or two, Attach mesh to the foam wrap around the metal frame at the bottom where your toes will be. From the Pic taken itís cut off at the bottom, so I canít see how high you needed to lift, but as long as itís not too much, You should be fine with a mesh and wrap. C

thanks for the input. the stilts are about 14 inches, and the pants go just over my shoes. we had planned on adding mesh around the stilts. however, didn't think about wrapping the stilt in foam first. so will definitely give that a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: