Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=988525025cec312e797fecb4995737a6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mara's.. Mara Jade Costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XerxasJade ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject: Mara's.. Mara Jade Costume Reply with quote

So I was recently at AVCON (Adelaide's own anime and gamer Con) and got the bug again to finally make a costume.

So it seemed fitting that my first costume should be Mara Jade.
Luckily because I cant sew to save my life, my partner agreed to do the sewing part.

The dress is being made out of Interlock Knit Green Fabric
I got it at a local supplier (Spotlight) (I was amazed they had anything close to the colour I was looking for) and its a 65% Poly / 35% Cotton Blend

After going through the pattern books for some time Ellie and I agreed that we couldn't find a better pattern than the McCalls pattern M7313 (Option B)

I plan on 3d Printing the shoulder armour but I haven't got that far yet, as currently we are working on the dress and making sure it fits me.

This is what we have so far:

Inside out test fit on mannequin:
Parja ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! I'm working on this as well. I actually have mostly (with help) drawn my own pattern for the dress. I used a mccall's pattern for the skirt, but the bodice was drawn and adjusted from another dress. I'm done with my mock up and about ready to cut the real thing!

Good luck Smile
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on this!! I just made this one also and I also used 7313. It’s a great pattern!
I made my armor out of scrap leather and that held up really well. Just a suggestion, of course. Good luck on this!

In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
XerxasJade ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's been a little while since I posted, because I got sidetracked printing my partners "Ahsoka Lightsabers" but I have a small update.

We went to the "Barossa Medieval Fair" last weekend and there was a leather smith there and he was selling genuine 2" Leather belts with silver buckles so I think I can check that off the list. Ellie has also finished sewing the pants and dress and I have had a test fitting Smile

I have attached a couple of pics below, from the test fitting, TBH I am not a fan of being in pictures and most of these got photobombed by our cat so that limited my choices a little.

The light saber is not part of the costume it's just one we had around home, I still need to get the correct one when I can afford it.

I hope to have the broch printed next week, pretty much nailed a design that i'm happy with so I just need to actually print it.

Quote:
LeiaAurora () I made my armor out of scrap leather and that held up really well. Just a suggestion, of course. Good luck on this!

Unfortunately leather is quite hard to get locally here, so it will probably end up either eva foam/rubber with vinyl covering (Similar to the way they make car seats) or printed if I can get the design right.

XerxasJade ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Progress has been a little slow recently as I spent some time in hospital Sad
However now that I am out and about again I decided it was time to knock up the Pendant.

The first version I did in "Tinkercad" and im not happy with the vertice limits which gave me a blocky finish. So ill have to do remodel it again in "Fusion 360" I think to resolve that.

However for a version 1 test print I'm pretty happy, it only took 2 hours to print and the demisions are spot on so now its just refining the finish until im happy with it.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fine test, but yes; those angles are annoying.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you'd need to start over but would be good to subdivide it some and smooth those edges if you can do those things in the software you are using.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: