Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ce1d6d4d20411b270f42a682d6b60b47Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Scope rings for A300 3D build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peka Botu ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Scope rings for A300 3D build Reply with quote

What size scope rings are people using for the thingverse A300 mk2 A 300 3d build? Mine is in the process of being built and thought I would shop around for options.
ScaryGuy ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Scope rings for A300 3D build Reply with quote

Peka Botu wrote:
What size scope rings are people using for the thingverse A300 mk2 A 300 3d build? Mine is in the process of being built and thought I would shop around for options.

I got 1 inch low profile scope rings from aliexpress.
http://s.aliexpress.com/e2yQ7zmE

Even when fully campled there is still some room between the ring and scope, so I will wrap something around the scope to fill the gap.

Peka Botu ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are certainly cheap enough! Have you mounted a flashlight on your build and if so how did you accomplish it?
ScaryGuy ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peka Botu wrote:
Those are certainly cheap enough! Have you mounted a flashlight on your build and if so how did you accomplish it?

I’m not sure if I will add the flashlight, but I will add the 2 inch picatinny rail on the side. The flashlight mounts on that rail.

Also from aliexpress:
http://s.aliexpress.com/7FBNFrey

Here you can see the picatinny rail on a blaster:

Peka Botu ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome cap! Thanks for sharing the picture and the info! I may do the same.
ScaryGuy ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peka Botu wrote:
Awesome cap! Thanks for sharing the picture and the info! I may do the same.

It is the best way to mount the flashlight. The Surefire X300 is designed to attach to a rail.

Peka Botu ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to just drill the plastic to mount the rail vs using a resin to mount it or a combination of both? I am unsure of how strong to expect the plastic of a 3D build to be
ScaryGuy ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peka Botu wrote:
Are you going to just drill the plastic to mount the rail vs using a resin to mount it or a combination of both? I am unsure of how strong to expect the plastic of a 3D build to be

Just drill the plastic and use the screws is not strong enough unless you modify the 3D files and add holes (with thick enough walls) for the screws. I will use e6000 glue for the rail, but I will also drill holes for the screws because I want it to look like it is mounted using these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: