Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1688737e07bdeadebfbebad5bba4f47cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello There from Virginia Beach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orbi-Wan ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Hello There from Virginia Beach Reply with quote

HELLO THERE! My name is Stephen Orr, but in my local area I am known as Orbi-Wan/Obi-Wan. I am an almost 60YO retired Navy veteran and I have been cosplaying postROTS/postANH Ben since approximately Fall of 2015. I was given the moniker of Orbi-Wan, Jedi-T Master by co-workers because of my work in IT support in the school system I am employed. My wife thought it fit and purchased me a costume online and a lightsaber from UltraSabers. I debuted my version of Ben at a church harvest festival, and was apparently a big hit. Since then I have attended movie premieres, read as Ben in schools, attended/volunteered at several of our local Comicons and other fan events, and most recently, was asked to participate as Obi-Wan in a special Star Wars themed graduation ceremony for a young man who was unable to complete traditional high school due to a degenerative disease. I was asked to confer his diploma and, additionally, I named him an honorary Jedi Master and presented him with an anonymously donated lightsaber.

Folks say Old Ben inhabits me when I am "in uniform", as my wife of almost 40 years puts it. It is almost as though Ben and I were meant to merge, as he and I first met, as many did, back in the summer of 1977, when I was preparing for my senior year of high school, and he greeted me with Hello there!" I am very happy to be a part of the forum, and I am hoping that I can join the Rebel Legion as, at a minimum, a generic Jedi Knight. You can see my work on Facebook at www.facebook.com/orbiwancosplays[/url]
Aya-Na Bashu (Catherine Windsor)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen, welcome, glad you found the forum.

I saw the graduation photos on FB, brought tears to my eyes. That was one very happy young fellow!

Since you're not that far up the road, you'll have to come down to Raleigh to GalaxyCon next year. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: