Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7d5f9e96c740355aa7a9a65e2cdbaaffMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Barriss Offee WIP Feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artdelolo ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Barriss Offee WIP Feedback Reply with quote

Hi there! New potential member to RL down in Ra Kura Base, super excited to finally start working towards getting my first costume approved!

I built my Barriss Offee costume almost 3 years ago, but never got around to finishing her belt, so I've just had it on the backburner. I decided to finally finish the costume for submission, so I was hoping to get some initial feedback on the costume (sans belt) as it is right now. That way I can start making any modifications before I get too deep into tooling the last piece. Smile

I wore her to Celebration in 2017 and had some great conversations with members of Ra Kura base about it, general consensus was that the belt was all that was missing. But I wanted to see if there was anything else that I should work on. The colors of the first photo at a bit saturated, but the 2nd and 3rd show it more natural.

Thank you! MTFBWY~
Purpleblade23 ()

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is VERY well done. Wow!! Great work!! Good luck with the approval.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. Easily recognisable. Smile

I think your makeup could use a touch of green to it. Just a little bit, so you are less likely to end up yellow.

I worry the cloak has too much silver in it; it is pretty dominant. So you might need a new cloak in a different material.

But overall it looks pretty good. Good luck with it.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is looking good. Marie makes a good suggestion on the make-up. My wife layers some yellow as base and green on top.

You noted except the belt. I think you're in good shape but do need an accurate, one level belt (no extra studs or posts) and the heart buckle.

Best of luck with it.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
artdelolo ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:

I think your makeup could use a touch of green to it. Just a little bit, so you are less likely to end up yellow.

I worry the cloak has too much silver in it; it is pretty dominant. So you might need a new cloak in a different material.

But overall it looks pretty good. Good luck with it.

Thank you Marie!

I originally used Mac Chromacake's Chartreuse color, but I've since purchased the Landscape Green one as well to mix them together, so hopefully that should give the desired effect!

The silver on the cloak is what's been giving me pause, so thank you for confirming that. It was originally a silver on silver velour, when I dyed it the first time only the velour took color which I liked the effect. I'll try giving it a second bath in poly based dye to see if it will take more blue.

ionicdesign wrote:

You noted except the belt. I think you're in good shape but do need an accurate, one level belt (no extra studs or posts) and the heart buckle.

Best of luck with it.

Thank you Michae! Yup, I've ordered my leather and blank buckle from Tandy so I can start tooling it out. I originally just worse my Jedi robes belt with it.

Thanks for all the feedback, this has been really helpful!
ionicdesign (Michael)

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good. Have fun with that, I've made three of those now, it is a fun and intricate design.

Happy detailing and dying.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. Smile The cloak material is tricky since you can't buy it, so it's always about finding a good substitute. I hope your experiment turns out well.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: