Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bfe43920f057f663a45e0437ab10a206Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

11/29 - Reston Parade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Northern Virginia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
SolfrannFri Nov 08, 2019 10:45 pm
Solfrann (Christopher Brooks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: 11/29 - Reston Parade
Event: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 am

Cross posted from GT forums as requested by the sponsor, Dan Brown.
------------
It’s that time of year again! We have been accepted into the Reston Holiday Parade, and once again we will march on Black Friday and usher in the holidays.

I will have further details in the coming weeks, but there are a few things that I can tell you now.

Date: November 29, 2019
Place: Reston Town Center, Reston Va.
Time: The parade steps off at 11:00, so we’ll be assembling between 9:30 and 10:00.
Secure changing area: There is an area to change if anyone needs that, and I’ll have further details on that later, but I strongly recommend a car change to make sure that your bin and valuables remain secure, as we do not control the changing area and are not the only ones with access to it.
Parking: The parking garages are free all day. The Hyatt Garage is not free.
Blasters and prop weapons are approved, so polish them up!

Other important details:

This is a high-profile, media covered event. As a fun fact, it is on USA Today’s list of Top Ten Parades, right up there with the big ones that everyone has heard of.

In a change from past years, please DO NOT decorate your costumes. I will try to have some small festive adornment that we can all use, but because this year is so close to movie releases and because we have so many people watching, I want us to put on our best, canon-like display.

We will be attempting to keep an orderly appearance as we march, which means walking together and keeping pace with our two vehicles. More on that will be coming, just something to be aware of.

Stormtroopers and other trooper types are greatly appreciated, and we could use a few staff officers as well.

Children can march with us as long as they are able to complete the route. The Galactic Academy may be able to coordinate this part with us, but I need to check further with them. More details forthcoming.

Everyone who marches needs to be in a suitable costume.

After the parade, we will gather back on the route for photos, and as always, we will have a post-parade lunch at the Reston Glory Days. Plan to join us there if you have time...it’s always fun.

Please post your name, attendance status, who will be attending with you, and costume type. These details are important as it helps me to plan, so specifics are greatly appreciated.

Other costume groups:
Mandalorian Mercs (OM)
501st Stormtrooper, TIE Reserve, Nihilus

Galactic Academy Commanding Officer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Northern Virginia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: