Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=22b234441d0e83a11a598946075f57c4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jyn supplier help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamdblake ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Jyn supplier help Reply with quote

I am looking to get my wife a Jyn Erso costume so she can come along with me on 501 troops. I have been reading through a bunch of the WIPs and posts about Jyn for info. We are trying to find a supplier that can provide most of the costume with as few fixes as possible to get it approved. I plan on doing the boots on our own.

I have already requested to join the stardust sisters FB page and am waiting for approval to explore the info there.

In past posts SchlegelCosplay and PapersFlowerDesigns on Etsy have been referred to as suppliers with the most accurate designs, But I can't seem to find them. There are a few others including JJCOSDESIGN, CosplayParty, and CostumeUSA on Etsy now but I can't tell if they are any good.

The ProCosplay one seems like a good options with the fixes that LittleTIE (Jessica Souza) outlined in her post, but is there a better option out there?

Thank you in advance for you imput.
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if SchlegelCosplay or PaperFlowers are taking orders right now. Their work is better than what you'd get from a premade vendor and wouldn't require much if any fixes after receiving the costume. Once you get into the Stardust Sisters group, you'll be able to find their contact information on Facebook. It is probably worth at least reaching out to see if they're taking orders right now.

There's also a more comprehensive list of vendors in the Stardust Sisters group, as well as a lot of hacks (e.g. what to do about boots). If you aren't let in the group today, please let me know and I'll go bother someone over there. I know the mods and they're great people; it's a weird time of the year, though.

Most of the premade vendors (e.g. Cosplay Sky) have at least some pieces that are not salvageable. The other thing to be wary about is that many of those stores do not provide images of what they send, but instead poach images from other places. If you want to link to some you're considering, I can take a look at their stores and let you know of issues I see in the posted pictures. I suspect if you want to go with a premade vendor, your best bet is to follow what LittleTIE did.
Pamelibrarian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adam! Robyn's shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/PapersFlowerDesigns which always throws me off because the "s" is on paper and not flower. Smile She is on break though. I agree with Em that you could always reach out to them to see if they are available.

RetroRevivalProps (etsy) also does some Jyn things but is also on break.

I am looking into doing commissions for Jyn. I have all the supplies for the vest, belt, holster, and boot flaps at the very minimum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: