Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9a96b8b1d9b2b3517c89a6777a005114Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

FIRST Chesapeake District Championships, Hampton, 6/17-6/20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)

(0)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
Ami-Lyn KelWed Feb 26, 2020 1:40 am
primus1984Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:17 amWed Feb 26, 2020 3:17 am
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: FIRST Chesapeake District Championships, Hampton, 6/17-6/20
Event: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:00 pm

Type of event
Community/Charity (fundraiser, local parade)

Contact Name
Cherisa Haynes

Contact Phone
757-652-0635

Contact Email
Chaynes@haynesdirect.com

Event Name
FIRST Chesapeake District Championships

Event Description
The 80 top teams from VA, MD, and DC who have earned enough points at their local robotics competitions compete for a spot at Worlds & $80 million in college scholarships. Over 2000 High school students, their coaches, mentors, and family come to compete and support their teams. Event website: https://www.firstchesapeake.org/first-programs/frc/first-chesapeake-district-events/first-chesapeake-district-championship

Event Date
06/17-06/20/20

Arrival time
9:00am

Start Time
10:00am

End Time
3:00pm

Event Address
1000 Coliseum Dr.
Hampton, VA 23666

Secure Dressing Area
Yes

Water and or Food Snacks
Yes

Parking either free or paid
Yes

This is a rescheduled event from April. With the new dates announced, times have not yet been announced. More to come. Thanks!

Last edited by Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly) on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We received some details from the group putting this on. I'm going to paste the email here for everyone to read. It's from one of their volunteers.

For our droids and builders:
"there is no elevator in the building. There is an ADA process to help those who need assistance navigate the exterior ramp. I can provide more information if needed."

For everyone else:
"But of course, with every exciting event, there are rules and restrictions we need to abide by, and Hampton’s Mothership has some. We’ve tried to make some “work-a-rounds” and compromises so that you can join us. Please review the following list to see if the accommodations are workable and satisfactory. Please bear with me as I go through these items, I like to number my lists and some of this is redundant to the request forms I filled out:

1. Neither Coliseum nor FIRST allows guns/gun-like objects, so we cannot allow blasters. I know they are usually 3-D printed and completely non-functional, we just cannot work around this rule. Light sabers ARE allowed.
2. Secured Place to Costume/Change. You will have access to the board room on the first floor of the Coliseum. There is a large board room table and a bathroom there.
3. Coliseum says they do not allow masks, but are making an exception for FIRST Chesapeake - for both you and the team mascots that attend. As part of this exception, they have a list of "demands" -
a. We cannot show up in any masks (helmets)
b. We need to have a List of People who are in masks
c. Their IDs must be checked
d. We were thinking the easiest way to do this is if we have a list of your members & their costume(s) ahead of time, they will check in at the Volunteer table in the lobby, show their ID then, and you will be shown to the board room.
4. Water - we will provide bottled water. We will need the number of your definite participants by March 19th to shop accordingly.
5. Snacks/meals - There is food being sold on-site. The teams that are competing do have the ability to order box lunches, and we are able to extend that offer to your volunteers, if you think they would be interested. It's usually a choice of sandwich, with a fruit, and choice of drink. Let me know and I will get an order form to you.
6. Time of the Event vs. Appearance time. - a. Opening Ceremonies are at 8:00 am and competition heats run until 6:00 pm. We were thinking that it would be great to have characters walking around between 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. If you don’t think you will have enough of your members interested to cover that time frame, just let me know so we can adjust as needed. b. The younger kids that are part of FIRST LEGO League are having a Parade at 1:00 pm and we were REALLY hoping your groups would be a part of it! They are lining up at 12:45 pm. c. I don’t think we will have access to the board room until 9:00 am (due to opening ceremonies). If we can’t access it until later, we realize that 10:00 am time will be a little later. I will verify the time and let you know.
7. Parking - it is at the Coliseum, there is lots of free parking and there is handicap parking. The Coliseum is handicap accessible, there is a ramp outside and I think an elevator inside to get to the upper level. Let me know if there is someone who needs special accommodations.
8. At the Air & Space Museum event, one of your members brought a backdrop for pictures. If you would like to do that here, we would be happy to find a place. We would just need the dimensions to make sure of the space.

I know this is a lot of information, and I appreciate your patience and understanding! When we get verification from you of the items above, we can do a 1-pager that you can distribute to your membership that has the check-in, lunch, and room info. I want all of us to have fun and enjoy the event with the least stress possible."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: