Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6ffd2f288cd5755a113dc47fca3d7edeMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

5-23-20 KY Mountain Laurel Festival interest thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Amancane Base -> West Virginia Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocAphraRey (Lindsay Bertrand)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: 5-23-20 KY Mountain Laurel Festival interest thread Reply with quote

Hello all,

Corellian Base member here!

I live in south eastern KY in the Appalachian mountains, specifically Pineville, Ky. Every year our little town has a spring parade during Memorial Day weekend. I know May is a very busy time for all of us but considering this is the 90th year of the parade I thought it might be worth a shot to see if anyone may be interested in marching in the parade. I have gathered some information, but made no arrangements with anyone whatsoever because I have no idea on the likelihood or feasibility of troopers to attend. In addition to this being the 90th year, this community is one of the poorest in the state, most of the kids have never stepped foot outside of the county unless it was specifically for a school field trip, thus their ability to experience Star Wars characters like us is practically non-existent. The Mountain Laurel Festival and Fall Festival are the 2 biggest events for the county that gather the most people in the region together. It's not a very long route either compared to Lexington or the other major city parades. I plan to extend this information to the 501st and Mandalorian Mercs also to get an idea if there is any interest from their members in attending also. Similar to the St. Patrick's parades, if it looks like we have a decent amount to participate, I can complete the parade form and get in contact with the organizers. Below is the information listed on the application. Yes it's a very long drive, very early in the morning for all of you excluding myself, but it never hurts to ask. Being this close to the TN and VA borders I can also relay the information to the clubs in those states as well.

Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival
PO Box 151 Pineville, KY 40977
(606) 337-6103
Parade Entry Form (circle one)
FLOAT NOVELTY CLUB/ORG (WALKERS) SPORTS TEAM BAND
OTHER (DESCRIBE) ______________________________________________________________
later than 8:30 AM on the day of the parade. If your entry is circled above as OTHER, you must
describe the unit. REMINDER: NO ONE is allowed to ride a convertible except the college and
university Queen candidates. NO exceptions. Complete the form and mail to the KMLF office.
Name of Unit __________________________________________________________________
Contact Person_________________________________________________________________
Address_______________________________________________________________________
Phone #_______________________________________________________________________
Email_________________________________________________________________________
In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I hereby release and discharge the City of
Pineville, the KMLF and all sponsors from any claims of damages, demands and actions
whatsoever arising from or growing out of my participation in this event. I verify that I have full
knowledge of the risks involved and am physically fit to participate.
Signature_____________________________________________________________________
www.kmlf.org for more information
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Amancane Base -> West Virginia Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: