Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f8fddb9e89281dd2f19d1955c896ab7aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hondo Ohnaka Rebels Version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormtrooperbane (Alice)
Devaron Base CO
Devaron Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Hondo Ohnaka Rebels Version Reply with quote

I was wondering if Hondo is exclusively only a character eligible for the 501st. His Clone Wars version I understand is, but he's more "friendly" in Rebels. Asking mostly for clarification.
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is a few years old - does anyone have insight? We have a prospective member inquiring about submitting this costume to RL. Thank you!
Stormtrooperbane (Alice)
Devaron Base CO
Devaron Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the bump, I still want to submit the costume

Member of KJO
Member of Wretched Hive
Member of Galactic Senate

Barriss Offee, Ewok, Padme, Luke Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano (winter coat version)
clonus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of creating a Hondo from Rebels as well...thanks!

NSB Wisconsin State Captain
clonus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my attempt at Hondo from Rebels...not perfect, but very happy with it!

Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recently approved charter revision has this to say about the club's mission and what will and won't be approved into the club:

Quote:
Article IV: Rebel Legion Costumes
The Rebel Legion celebrates creating, owning, and wearing the costumes of the Hero, 'Light Side,' Rebel, Republic, and neutral forces based on the licensed LFL Star Wars material.

Hondo is definitely neutral as he is out for himself. As we see Hondo working with a Rebel cell, costumes he was wearing at the time could be included in the "light side" category, or even Rebel due to his heavy involvement in the Rebellion's liberation of Lothal.

However:

Quote:
The Legion Membership Officer (LMO) has final say over costume approvals and inclusion.

As is always a good idea -- make the costume for yourself because you love it, and if the Legion accepts it, all the better!
clonus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kievan Mereel wrote:
The recently approved charter revision has this to say about the club's mission and what will and won't be approved into the club:

Quote:
Article IV: Rebel Legion Costumes
The Rebel Legion celebrates creating, owning, and wearing the costumes of the Hero, 'Light Side,' Rebel, Republic, and neutral forces based on the licensed LFL Star Wars material.

Hondo is definitely neutral as he is out for himself. As we see Hondo working with a Rebel cell, costumes he was wearing at the time could be included in the "light side" category, or even Rebel due to his heavy involvement in the Rebellion's liberation of Lothal.

However:

Quote:
The Legion Membership Officer (LMO) has final say over costume approvals and inclusion.

As is always a good idea -- make the costume for yourself because you love it, and if the Legion accepts it, all the better!

Indeed! Until someone makes a Rebels version silicone mask with the white tusks, I also don't think its quite up to RL standards. I post to share my ideas and hope to help others, etc. Gotta have the love and who doesn't love Hondo!?

As for Hondo's affiliation, if someone were to do the Galaxy's Edge version, in which Hondo is clearly wotking in concert with the resistance, and is the host/hero for Smugglers Run, I think that would clearly qualify for RL...but what a costume that would be to construct! That trenchcoat alone is...well, Im semi-speechless...keep hoping Disney will make/sell one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: