Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8f887fbd44b14383af4b9c27057c91b5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Am I missing something on the Han Solo movie?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clinthulk2 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Am I missing something on the Han Solo movie? Reply with quote

I just rented the Solo movie last night after hearing how poorly it did in the reviews and box office and to my surprise, I LOVED IT.

This movie is so much fun! The nostalgia, omg! it was all over the place, I thought it was better than Star Wars 8, just fun, intense, heartfelt. I loved it. Bravo to Ron Howard. I don't understand the studio taking this movie as flop, its right up there with Rogue One(my favorite IMO).israelnightclub.com/נערות-ליווי-בתל-אביב/

Last edited by clinthulk2 () on Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, the studio will look at financials for the film. Here they are:

Grosses
Domestic (54.4%)
$213,767,512
International (45.6%)
$179,157,295
Worldwide
$392,924,807

Solo was the only Star Wars movie to date to not make at least $1 billion at the box office. It fell far short, for whatever reason.

I liked it well enough, but not enough people thought so to spend their money by buying tickets to it...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base
KJO/Nexus Temple
Docking Bay 94/Mountain Mist Hangar Bay
OrnHyeJoo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLO isn't my favorite Star Wars movie but I agree with Clinthulk 2 that the movie is TOPNOTCH.
The best movie so far since Rogue One.
Definitely, by far and absolutely better than the last jedi. But then, Debbie Does Dallas has better acting, better dialogue and a better story line than tlj.
YunSolo92 ()

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the abridged version: It fell short at the box office because they basically re-shot the entire movie after it was pretty much done. Lord and Miller were fired for making the movie too much of a comedy, and Ron Howard was brought in. Other actors, and therefore characters, were unavailable for re-shoots (such as Michael K. Williams being replaced with Paul Bettany), so those characters had to be completely reshaped. All of these issues put together put the film way over budget. So, in a nutshell, all of the production issues, combined with the inevitable online trolls, prevented the movie from even "breaking even" at the box office, and thus, the movie is financially considered a flop. I hate that it is considered as such, because Han Solo is one of my absolute favorite characters and I quite enjoyed the movie.
Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not beat about the bush. The reason Solo did poorly at the cinema was because of the backlash from the last Jedi.
OrnHyeJoo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Solo wrote:
Let's not beat about the bush. The reason Solo did poorly at the cinema was because of the backlash from the last Jedi.

BINGO!!
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it did have the unlucky draw to premiere just five months after TLJ, and with the backlash over that, Solo did not do well as people began to protest against LFL, etc. by skipping the film.

Also, I always thought that there was just no need for a young Han Solo movie. Who was asking for that? Boba Fett, Obi Wan? Sure, but a young Han? Nah..

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base
KJO/Nexus Temple
Docking Bay 94/Mountain Mist Hangar Bay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: