Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f42194fa1e75ea3f3292febf8d991cd7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Villainy - Star Wars night at the DNA Lounge S.F. 11-21
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
RunAmukFri Nov 20, 2009 6:54 pm
nebelwerferThu Nov 19, 2009 7:00 pm
JedHeadThu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 am
DarkskywalkerFri Nov 20, 2009 5:56 am
Kay_DeeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:33 am
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Villainy - Star Wars night at the DNA Lounge S.F. 11-21 Reply with quote

Good news Endor Base members! Elmoizme put me in touch with the promoter/DJ for the upcoming "Villainy" event at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco. It turns out Rebel Costumers are welcome at the event! However, the changing room is very small so it is reserved only for the GoGo Dancers and the 501st since they have armor and need a place to change and store their tubs. Rebel Legion volunteers would need to arrive at the club in costume.

WHAT:
Villainy - The Dance Club with a Dark Side
WHERE: DNA Lounge
375 Eleventh St
San Francisco
WHEN: November 21st starting at 9:00pm
COSTUMES: Rebel Costumes such as Jedi, X-wing Pilots, Leia, etc
CHANGING AREA OR STORAGE: Sorry, none for the Rebel Legion. Please arrive in costume.
FREE ADMISSION FOR RL MEMBERS IN COSTUME: Tomas says " If any members of the Rebel Legion Endor Base are interested in arriving in costume, I'd be more than happy to give them free admission. They would just need to tell the door person that they are members of the Rebel Legion Endor Base."
PARKING: DNA does not have a parking lot, but event requester can get there early to block off parking in front of the venue. Also, street parking is pretty easy before 10PM (especially Harrison between 10th and 11th)
WEAPONS: Authorized
COMMENTS FROM TOMAS: While this month's Villainy is Empire-themed, we're celebrating all of Star Wars (and a bit of other Sci-Fi as well), so Jedi, X-Wing Pilots, and Leias would totally fit in as well.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
The 501st will be volunteering in costume. Bonnie Burton will be covering the event for the Star Wars blog too.
CLUB CAPACITY: Holds up to 800 people
MUSIC: Electro, Dance, Indie, New Wave

Matt Tolosa's original Yahoo Group Post:

I know this is a Rebel costuming club, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with a villain-themed event. The DNA Lounge in San Francisco has a villain-themed night, and this year its STAR WARS! The Golden Gate Garrison and Central California Garrisons have been invited to troop the event in costume to add atmosphere to the event, but if there are Endor Base members who would like to just show up at a nightclub that just happens to have a Star Wars theme to it, then you're welcome to join us, and help support our sister club!

The event is on Saturday, Nov. 21st, and runs from 9 pm to 3 am. LFL will be there documenting the event.

I'll be there dressed as Anakin, and any ladies with Sith Cheerleader costumes are welcome as well to act as our handlers.

Hope to see some of you there!

http://www.villainysf.com/

Matt

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to get parking sometime after 7 pm to park and hopefully eat someplace nearby, if anyone wants to join up.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm still tentative as a handler for the 501st. I should have a better idea in a day or two I guess. I might not actually know until the day of the event, but it sounds like fun so I want to try to make it.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

I'm assuming the weapons policy for RL costumers is the same as 501st for this event?

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kathy,

I'm assuming the weapons policy for RL costumers is the same as 501st for this event?

I didn't ask. So far we have not had any interest anyway...

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott and I will be there.

Scott will come in Jedi
I will bring Juno and Sith Cheerleader. Both Padme costumes are white so I don't think that would be great for a club seen.

Or if Scott is the only RL maybe I should do RL Cheer so that he is not the only RL there. Hmmm? what to do?

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeslyn wrote:

Scott will come in Jedi
I will bring Juno and Sith Cheerleader. Both Padme costumes are white so I don't think that would be great for a club seen.

I don't think the color of the costume matters. Stormtroopers are white... your costume is the authentic color that it is Smile If anything, white will stand out better in a dark club.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
newjedigirl (Rachel Miller)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
I'm going to try to get parking sometime after 7 pm to park and hopefully eat someplace nearby, if anyone wants to join up.

I am coming as a sith cheerleader so I guess I will be unofficially 501st. Depending on the weather, I'm probably just going to come in costume although I might wear pants and change into my skirt later.

Matt, let me know where you are thinking of eating and I can meet you there.
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Jeslyn wrote:

Scott will come in Jedi

I don't think the color of the costume matters. Stormtroopers are white... your costume is the authentic color that it is Smile If anything, white will stand out better in a dark club.

I'm just worried about the getting it dirty factor of the white fabric costumes Wink There will be drinks and stuff around so that = spilling. Not something I would like on my nice costumes.

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will show up in street clothes, but will have my pilot costume in the back seat if I choose to put it on, I dont care about free admission or anything
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeslyn wrote:

I'm just worried about the getting it dirty factor of the white fabric costumes Wink There will be drinks and stuff around so that = spilling. Not something I would like on my nice costumes.

Oh, I get it!

And Rachel... if you show up in the Sith Cheerleader costume you could try telling them at the door you are with the Rebel Legion Endor Base. It doesn't seem fair that a 501st member can get in free with that same costume as a "handler" and you can't. Then again they are there to assist as eyes and watch the backs of the troopers they have to spot all night so I guess that's why they get in free. I dunno, it's worth a try since you are a member of RL and will be kind of wearing a costume (sort of?). It might help if you are actually walking in with a group of true RL costume volunteers like Scott and Jessica.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeslyn wrote:
....Or if Scott is the only RL maybe I should do RL Cheer so that he is not the only RL there. Hmmm? what to do?

Technically, I'll be in RL costume too.

Wink

If you can't decide, just wear Juno with the skirt.

Razz

Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.... Cool in RL costume that is! lol lol lol Laughing

"...Something is happening, I'm not the Jedi I should be and I want more...One day I will be the most powerful JEDI..."
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I formally signed up as a handler through the 501st. I'll bring my Sith Cheerleader as a back-up in case I'm in the mood to wear it. Kind of feel bad for not really representing RL now (See Tomas' message below), but I figure they need handlers...

------------------------------------------

DJ Tomas posted this to face book (gives a shout out to the Rebel Legion!):

Villainy's Star Wars night is this Saturday, and I couldn't be more excited. This truly feels like the culmination of my years as a DJ and decades as a Star Wars fan.

I also have another reason to have my head up in the cloud city: I just became a father last week (and avoided the temptation to name her Leia)! With my new duties as a father, I've slacked a bit in promoting this month's Villainy, so I very humbly ask for your help. If Villainy is an event you'd like to see continue, please help by spreading the word.

You can visit the event listing ( http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=172219987445 ) and click SHARE to post to your profile. Or just email some friends and tell them to come down and join the madness.

Other news:

Imperial Troops from the 501st Stormtrooper Legion ( http://www.goldengategarrison.com/ ) will be present to maintain the Emperor's rule!

And members of the Rebel Legion Endor Base ( http://www.endorbase.org/ ) will also be there!

We're putting the finishing touches on the Star Wars-themed visuals, and have 300 12" glowsticks ready for the fight. God, I can't wait to see them all lit up!

May the Force be with you. Always...

- Tomas Diablo

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Jeslyn wrote:
....Or if Scott is the only RL maybe I should do RL Cheer so that he is not the only RL there. Hmmm? what to do?

Technically, I'll be in RL costume too.

Wink

If you can't decide, just wear Juno with the skirt.

Razz

Juno cheerleader would work but what skirt? Sith or RL? Too many choices! ugggg!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: