Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3936ab9115b46943ca81eebe4acc13c7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ep II padme Light Blue Tatooine
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Ep II padme Light Blue Tatooine Reply with quote

I finally got my dress finished! I have to make the headpiece and also stamp/stencil the scrolls onto the cloak/sleeves but I'm still thinking through my best options for them. Probably will make a sintra headpiece and use acrylic paint mixed with fabric paint medium as I find the fabric paints here tend to run when the garment is washed; even after proper pressing.

I will post all my in progress photos but here is the dress as worn on Saturday. the wig looked better in person Wink

It is the first time I have exposed my belly in public in many many years. Eight actually.

Last edited by neimhaille () on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Eagle ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out great IMHO. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is gorgeous! I've been using the few shots you have of progress in TFN for my own reference. I recently bought fabric for this... I just need to figure out all the patterns before I dive in lol.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look wonderful! And I'm sure you had fun making it, too... I had a lot of fun making this one myself. And a tip: don't put on the scrollwork on the floor... your back will be killing you by the time you are done! Laughing
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darth_Eagle, Benae_Quee and uberjedi Smile

Hehee, no I don't plan on painting on the floor;) I'll get a few drop cloths and do this on the table on our deck which can be scrubbed more easily than the nice new carpet we have as well Wink Hopefully I'll have my sewing room back to being able to be used fairly soon as well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yesterday after not feeling well, I decided to keep myself busy (as I always seem to do when I'm sick). I dragged out my stash of projects (all separated by bag and labeled). I found my Tatooine light blue dress materials and got started mocking up this costume. I had been dying to make this one for a few years, but after studying photos of fan costumes, the real costume, and the movie stills, I gave up. The hood/cape thing was baffling me. I thought it would be as easy as the skirt to figure out, but that was certainly not the case.

Neimhaille, thank you a million times over the pattern, without it I would have been lost! I printed it out along with your in process photos and finally figured out how that worked. Your to-scale drawing was easy to follow, especially since we are the same build, I didn't have to change anything you did.

My original fabric is just a basic lightweight cotton, it was good for the mock up, but would have been horrible for the actual garment as it has no fluidity to it. It certainly does crease very nicely though lol. Anyway the link to the in process album, and the photos :-D

http://imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/intheprocess/tatooinelightbluemidriff

The following photos are only my progress from last night (yes, I costume fast). Unfortunately I ran out of fabric for the skirt so I can't mock it up. I'm confident that will come out fine though with minimal tweaks.

Completed Mock-Up top front

Completed Mock-Up top back.

Real fabric, piping, and the beads.
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it worked Smile Though you really are much smaller than I am Wink I can't wait to see it when it is finished Smile

Speaking of which, I have test driven the technique I plan on for making my head piece and it works well enough to start working on that soon as well Smile And then I'll get the stencil work on my cloak Wink
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test headpiece is currently drying and my cloak has now been stamped.

For those contemplating this, yes the designs are definitely stamped not stenciled or free painted. Aside from the random placement of many of the repeats there is also a lot of partial or over thick patches in the repeats down the back. In fact they look like a later addition done by another hand.

Anyway. I have a few templates I'm going to share soon, just a tad busy right now and I'm heading to bed anyway, one for the headpieces and one for the stencil. The headdress is a very basic one and I know I'm missing some detail in the back but it's a start Smile
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few things I'd like to change, one I can change easily the rest... not too sure Wink But this is my costume as it is now.

Last edited by neimhaille () on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic work! You look amazing Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great!

"I dislike smiling. It contorts the face."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks awesome! I LOVE the headpiece and the stamping work. Absolutely gorgeous work Very Happy

I have Thursday off this this week because of Yom Kippur, so I know what I'm doing all day Smile I can't wait to dive into the wonderful fabric I got from Kasey Very Happy
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray Smile BQ if you'd like to test drive my headdress templates (more than happy for you to change them) let me know. Then I'll feel happier about putting them up on my site Smile

Thanks BQ, Miana and Anaria Smile I should have known better than to post a new costume request in the middle of elects but ah well Wink My first prequel costume I feel happy with! I have a pile of unfinished EU, prequel and OT costumes that I'm going to start to work my way through again.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:
Hooray Smile BQ if you'd like to test drive my headdress templates (more than happy for you to change them) let me know. Then I'll feel happier about putting them up on my site Smile

Thanks BQ, Miana and Anaria Smile I should have known better than to post a new costume request in the middle of elects but ah well Wink My first prequel costume I feel happy with! I have a pile of unfinished EU, prequel and OT costumes that I'm going to start to work my way through again.

I would love to give it a test run Very Happy It may be a while before I can get to it though Wink
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Smile It will be a while before my site gets transfered to a new host Wink That's the only way I can get more space without paying stupid amounts of more money Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: