Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=85ef4d2d6ff871234b784fac6a27be10Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Shevacon Feb 27th, 28, March 1st 2009, Roanoke VA: Completed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (7)

(1)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
JennFaerealityTue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 amTue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 am
Bouri-PlwelTue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 amTue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 am
tetmatekFri Nov 14, 2008 4:07 amSat Jan 03, 2009 11:55 pm
Koda VonnorTue Dec 09, 2008 12:42 am
6829Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm
JediMistressDragonMon Jan 19, 2009 8:07 pm
Atragian KaceThu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiWed Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm
eskyleMon Dec 08, 2008 12:50 am
JadaSat Jan 10, 2009 3:41 pm
ShivanndMon Feb 16, 2009 4:03 am
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remember for this event....if we/you are attending as the RL, per the guidance from LFL and the Legion Command, we CANNOT participate in the Jedi Training Academy they have planned for this con. If you choose to participate, you cannot be affiliated with Freedom Base or the RL for the con due to legal reasons.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
F16WarBird

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see my name on the list. I am attending.

I'm not familiar with this "policy" about not participating in the Jedi Training Academy. I was part of it last year as an Imperial Officer and received no law suit or C&D in the mail.

What I did see is a whole bunch of really happy younglings.
JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16WarBird wrote:
I didn't see my name on the list. I am attending.

Fixed. Sorry Embarassed

Now as for this Jedi Academy thing. I haven't heard anything about this sort of problem before about being part of the RL and not able to participate. When did this policy come into effect? I ask because honestly it shouldn't have even been mentioned or even talked about for the Air & Scare if we could have even had the slightest chance of being in breach of something with LFL.

Can someone show me exactly where this is stated that we cannot participate with the Jedi Academy Trainings if we're part of the Legions? It is my understanding that the Masters of the Force are the ones who will be running the JTA anyways.

F16WarBird

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, there is no fee being charged for the younglings to participate.

This is strictly an activity for the children. There is no merchandising or implied endorsement involved.
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13787&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

That is the link and Hof asked Steve Sansweet about it after the KJO mbrs wanted to do something official. If the con does it, they assume all liability and hence they are NOT LFL approved. We do not want no RL over something silly like this. And the Air N Scare idea was discussed prior to this ruling. Amadalia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the policy and it really isn't applicable.

The Rebel Legion is not sponsoring this event, nor doesn't it have any jurisdiction regarding the operation of it. 'Masters of the Force' are the operators.

Furthermore, any accidents are covered under the insurance that the convention organizers have to take out for the con.

Finally, any Rebel Legion members who participate should simply remove their Rebel Legion name badge if they have one and are wearing it if this is going to be an issue.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Shevacon Feb 27th, 28, March 1st 2009, Roanoke VA Reply with quote

JennFaereality wrote:

I will be providing the table, and am volunteering to set it up, man it, and break it down. I do have a small request for my fellow Legion members. Do you have any props, RL Merch, or anything that would be great for the table display? (I promise that everything will be returned in the same state it was received) I will take care of all printed materials with RL info. Although I will need a RL/FB banner for the table. I can also use my laptop on the table to make a slideshow to display all of our wonderful costumes from everyone in the base. Smile

I will bring the RL Costume Binder that I have and either Rick or I will bring the Freedom Base Banner with us. I can also bring a could extra patches and such and maybe a hilt or 2.
If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*IF* we come it would be for Saturday only.

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16WarBird wrote:

Finally, any Rebel Legion members who participate should simply remove their Rebel Legion name badge if they have one and are wearing it if this is going to be an issue.

This is what I was saying here Joe.....maybe I should have worded it different.....regardless of who is sponsoring it, RL members (that are representing the RL for that con or event) cannot participate as an affiliated RL member with this Academy....even to just help out. If someone gets hurt and a parent knows your with the RL, it can come back to haunt us legally and jepordize our organization...especially now that LFL has formally asked us not to do these type events.

Bottom line.....if your going to participate...fine.....but you just cannot affiliate yourself with the RL while you are participating in the Academy...that is all we are saying. Smile

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rick, for the heads up, and thanks Becca for the link.... that clarifies quite a bit. It almost seemed at first that we weren't allowed to participate in something like that at all. It makes sense from the LFL standpoint, but I hadn't seen that thread before. Thanks to you both for enlightening me (and others). Smile Since it's straight from the horses mouth though.... I'm not sure what is going to happen with the JTA. I fwd'd the info to the Con-Chair - so we'll see what happens with that.

Thanks Joel.. sounds great so far. I have a few MR sabers we could have on display if needed. (We have Luke's ROTJ, Obi-wan's ROTS, Mace's AOTC & ROTS). I'm still trying to decide on other things for the table at this point.

I really hope you can make it Jada... it would be awesome to have you there. Very Happy

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After spending some time playing message-tag with the Con-Chair about the whole LFL legal standpoint on the JTA stuff... the final outcome is that there is currently NO ISSUE with Shevacon having this event for the kids since it is going to be run by MOTF, and not the RL or 501st. Although some members will be participating, their participation will not be as a Legion member for either group. So it should be fine.Very Happy

If anyone has any questions or would like to contact the Con-Chair directly, here is her info:

Gina Adler
email: Chairman@shevacon.org (will go directly to her)

JediMistressDragon ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there, with Bill, but as a guest. Blair emailed me last month. I'll bring my jedi robes, but depends what panels I have to do and time I have.
JMD
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediMistressDragon wrote:
I'll be there, with Bill, but as a guest. Blair emailed me last month. I'll bring my jedi robes, but depends what panels I have to do and time I have.
JMD

That sounds great... can't wait to see you there! Very Happy

tetmatek (Eddie Woodmancy)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
Well that makes 5....
Eddie, are you and Bridgette staying the weekend?

Jenn...I guess we are set for the time being. We will see if anything else transpires with this

Oh Yes! you have to to experience it all!!

SO SAY WE ALL!!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as Tetmatek has said... this is something we must experience. Very Happy

It seems that we have been given two (2) slots on the scheduling matrix for some panels. This is completely volunteer, and is by no means required if you attend. But... it's a sure-fire way to get some traffic to the RL and show the people what we're all about.

The first panel would be a "Meet & Greet" - basically and introduction to the RL, what we stand for... our costume requirements... what we do, and what is expected of our Legion... so on and so forth.

The second panel is all about the costumes. Going into more depth about all of the different characters that make up the RL, and all of the talent and dedication it takes to re-create these movie accurate creations. Plus showing off our props and accessories that make our costumes so believable.

This is going to require a little bit of planning, and a few brave souls willing to speak to an audience. They provide a projector that hooks up to laptops - so we can have a full visual presentation to make it more fun and professional.

Would anyone like to volunteer to help out with this?

(I've already been in contact with a few other members from other bases for any presentation stuff they can give us... and they've been plenty helpful so far.Smile )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: