Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a1aaf816976386439e59f9ad867a20ceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

STAFF POSITION: Bay Area Regional Captain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: STAFF POSITION: Bay Area Regional Captain Reply with quote

As many of you know, Matt Tolosa (JedHead) was our Bay Area Regional Captain but he's been promoted to bigger and better things Wink

So if anyone would like to fill in for Matt and take on the role of Bay Area regional captain please send me a PM or an e-mail.

What does the regional captain do for a base? Here's their role as defined by our club charter:

Regional Captain

The Base/Outpost CO defines the role of Regional Captain(s). Regional Captains function as event organizers for their state, province, or other geographic area. They assist the Base CO and XO with the organization of their region for their Base. They are appointed by the Base CO but may be elected if the Bases choose to do that.

Essentially, the main task is organizing events throughout the year. This is done a variety of ways:

1) Outreach to the community. For example - are there events our members have expressed interest in doing such as hospital visits and parades? You'd then contact the local children's hospitals and file applications for local parades.

2) Organizing fan club events like fan tables at conventions, group photos, group dinners or picnics.

3) Also handle incoming event requests for your area that we get via e-mail and the RL event request form (those are often forwarded by the CO, but sometimes you may get people contacting you directly).

The RCs are responsible for posting events to the forum and the Yahoo group in a timely manner and keeping track of sign-ups, updating event details, and staying in communication with the event requester. They are also responsible for keeping the CO and XO informed about any event they are planning (it's usually as easy as CCing me on e-mails. If you are planning in person or over the phone, just send an e-mail update to me or call me.)

There is a chance we might split the Bay Area into 2 regions. I don't want to overly tax anyone. So, if splitting it up prevents someone from being overly burdened with a large area that's something I'm happy to consider. And don't forget, as the Local CO I help organize a few events in our area too!

- Kathy

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The position has been filled. The Regional Captain roster for 2008/2009 will be announced momentarily Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: