Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=12e2fd69ccba90d44a5c4cc772f44752Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introduce yourself here!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatsMISTERwookiee (Jack Smith)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubohica wrote:
...I have been kicking around the idea of building a wookie cosplay for about a year or so... ...I decided that i will build my wookie... ...I just don't know if I should make a Chewie or something else? If you guys have a few good active Chewie's then I have no problem making someone else. any suggestions?

Chris Dance Chewie

Hi, Chris. A suggestion: Learn how to spell "wookiee". Laughing
Other than that, go for your dream. You can never have too many Chewies.
stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubohica wrote:
Hello Everyone!
So, I live in Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I have been kicking around the idea of building a wookie cosplay for about a year or so.

Several years ago I was at the fiesta bowl parade with the kids and saw a few of you in the parade. I thought then, That is really cool.

Fast forward to last weekend. I went to the gameon in Mesa with my son who dressed up as a character I don't even know. I made his head from scratch and thought again, I enjoy this i need a project.

At the convention, I met a lot of great people, saw a bunch of amazing costumes and even saw a Star Wars proposal on the stage.

I decided that i will build my wookie. This Friday I'm buying the netting for my undersuit and some stilts well because I'm only 5'11"... LOL

I'm a retired peace officer and I only work P/T to keep me busy. So Time isn't an issue. I'll be learning to sew which doesn't worry me. I have a machine so It shouldn't be too hard. I am nervous about the head. So when I get to there, I'll probably cry for help ...lol

I just don't know if I should make a Chewie or something else? If you guys have a few good active Chewie's then I have no problem making someone else. any suggestions?

Chris Dance Chewie

Contact captsolo77 - he built our Chewie in Tucson.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State

Your past is who you are today so move forward and don't look back
Nomad Angie (Angie Rivera)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chris! We would LOVE to have a Chewie in the Valley!

Stardancer1914 is right. CaptSolo77 is a great guy and he will help you do the research for your Chewbacca build.
Base Membership Officer 2017
gyldensterne ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Max - Someone also named Max stopped to talk to me at a concert in Sierra Vista last night after observing my Poe Dameron shirt and we chatted a little while about how there's an Arizona chapter of the rebel legion (which I did not even think about). I live way down south in Sierra Vista but I've been way into costuming for a while and I'm in the process of assembling a Poe costume for Halloween anyway. Nice to meet everyone!
Nomad Angie (Angie Rivera)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Max! I think we have a couple guys in Sierra Vista.

Which version of Poe Dameron are you thinking of doing?
Base Membership Officer 2017
gyldensterne ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on the Jakku version because I'm so in love with the jacket. But since I'm also a big softie for X-Wing pilots in general, I'd love to do the whole flight getup as a project - there's just no way it'll get done before halloween. Thanks for the welcome!

Nomad Angie wrote:
Welcome Max! I think we have a couple guys in Sierra Vista.

Which version of Poe Dameron are you thinking of doing?
ubohica (Chris Fultz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatsMISTERwookiee wrote:
ubohica wrote:
...I have been kicking around the idea of building a wookie cosplay for about a year or so... ...I decided that i will build my wookie... ...I just don't know if I should make a Chewie or something else? If you guys have a few good active Chewie's then I have no problem making someone else. any suggestions?

Chris Dance Chewie

Hi, Chris. A suggestion: Learn how to spell "wookiee". Laughing
Other than that, go for your dream. You can never have too many Chewies.

lol..... thanks

"Life is an endless series of train-wrecks with only brief, commercial-like breaks of happiness."
ubohica (Chris Fultz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stardancer1914 wrote:
ubohica wrote:
Hello Everyone!
So, I live in Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I have been kicking around the idea of building a wookie cosplay for about a year or so.

Several years ago I was at the fiesta bowl parade with the kids and saw a few of you in the parade. I thought then, That is really cool.

Fast forward to last weekend. I went to the gameon in Mesa with my son who dressed up as a character I don't even know. I made his head from scratch and thought again, I enjoy this i need a project.

At the convention, I met a lot of great people, saw a bunch of amazing costumes and even saw a Star Wars proposal on the stage.

I decided that i will build my wookie. This Friday I'm buying the netting for my undersuit and some stilts well because I'm only 5'11"... LOL

I'm a retired peace officer and I only work P/T to keep me busy. So Time isn't an issue. I'll be learning to sew which doesn't worry me. I have a machine so It shouldn't be too hard. I am nervous about the head. So when I get to there, I'll probably cry for help ...lol

I just don't know if I should make a Chewie or something else? If you guys have a few good active Chewie's then I have no problem making someone else. any suggestions?

Chris Dance Chewie

Contact captsolo77 - he built our Chewie in Tucson.

I will thanks !!!

"Life is an endless series of train-wrecks with only brief, commercial-like breaks of happiness."
FNGmacaroni ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Chris aka FNGmacaroni aka Macaroni here, if you are also 501st you probably know who I am. My X Wing pilot stuff started showing up so it was time to actually make a couple of posts on the forum.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another Chris! Tusken Jim Welch just got his approved so he can help you out.

• UCGR - DXO 2015

HolyToad (Todd Parent)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: It's about time I say "Hi"! Reply with quote

Shocked
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for about a year and I've just realized that I've never introduced myself here. So.... Hi there!

I am Todd Parent, HolyToad. I have just finished my Jedi outfit and submitted it for approval. Glad to be loosely affiliated with you so far to date. I've met quite a few of you in an unofficial capacity and I am happy to be here.
Ben
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: It's about time I say "Hi"! Reply with quote

HolyToad wrote:
Shocked
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for about a year and I've just realized that I've never introduced myself here. So.... Hi there!

I am Todd Parent, HolyToad. I have just finished my Jedi outfit and submitted it for approval. Glad to be loosely affiliated with you so far to date. I've met quite a few of you in an unofficial capacity and I am happy to be here.
Ben

So glad you have finally decided to become official padawan.

• UCGR - DXO 2015

Oldgamefreak ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed I had this in the wrong section:

Hello all just a quick intro..

As a child I sat in a dark theater in 1977 and heard a beautiful noise of music and a Flash of title appeared on the screen that said STAR WARS. From that moment on I have been a fan of the universe. In love with the characters, worlds and mysticism. Hell even as annoying as Jar-Jar was and the bad acting I even liked the prequels. It WAS Star Wars after all.....

One of my great joys in life was to take my son to see the re release's of the original trilogy in 1997. The look on his face is what i expect mine looked like seeing it on the big screen.

I have always wanted to be a part of that world and so today I take that step into a larger universe. I will be going Generic JEDI eventually. I'm slowly gathering my parts and pieces. Robe from MysticMerchants, Leather JEDI belt, Boots and I have made my own saber from TCSS. I still need pouches and the main costume. I'm leaning towards Saint's Customs out of KC for the costume itself.

Thank you for letting me into your "house" I'll be respectful and clean up after myself.

O.G.F. (Jerry)
gideonswake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
Most of you know me in one fashion or another. This is Anthony Fuentes - formerly the Star Wars Coordinator for Phoenix Comicon and now the Fantasy Manager as of 2016. In 2014, I became an official member of the SVC Mandalorian Mercs with my first Mando kit. As of December 17th, 2016 I was approved in the 501st Legion with my Tusken Raider (Bantha Rider) and as of this evening I am not an approved member of the Rebel Legion.

I will be moving around the boards here and getting used to the feel and set up, but in the meantime - Hi to everyone and I'm happy and proud to be aboard.

-A Tuskin

----
-Tony Fuentes
Mos Eisley Base
Arizona
Oldgamefreak ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome. I figured I would say it as it seems to be kind of dead in here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: