Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=005c7d42b8d01fc26294e86ef10477d0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

COMIC-CON 2009: July 23 - 26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, my flight is on friday morning to get back to san fran. If I chip in, can I couch surf in one of your guys' hotels in san diego thursday night?
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:
...that was 550 bucks down the toilet. Probably for the best, I'd just be a but-her-face in it anyway at best Sad

Don't say that, Kathy. Far from it. I'm sure you'll look great in it. Smile Maybe you can sell the one you got on ebay or something to get at least some money back. Maybe buy one of Jamin's kits on ebay, or maybe one from Darcienne. I think the latter's are more custom (not sure on the price comparison though). That's what Victoria and Christy have.

The used kit I have is a Darcienne. She is very hard to get a hold of but I was going to try to e-mail her again to see if I can get some of the parts to this used kit replaced. But at that rate I could have just bought a new one. I don't think I can sell this used one for much because the bra top is in such poor condition Sad

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
ThayNerd (Thayne Gunther)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stinks Kathy, and you shouldn't say that about yourself. I hope you are able to fix it. What is it made of? Is it similar to the materials Jamin uses? Is there some way you could heat it up and resize it. We have to do this to some of the pieces on Danielle's suit. So that might be an option.
FISD ANH/ESB EIB Stormtrooper
First in the 501st!
Episode III Clonetrooper: 27% done
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThayNerd wrote:
What is it made of? Is it similar to the materials Jamin uses? Is there some way you could heat it up and resize it. We have to do this to some of the pieces on Danielle's suit. So that might be an option.

The bra top is cast rubber actually, not resin. I tried briefly heating it to try to reshape it yesterday and that just made the paint peel worse. *cry face* I may play with it a bit more today... but the more I play with it the more I permanently ruin the paint (and chance of reselling this to someone else). I was thinking I could repaint it myself, but getting a match will be a huge challenge. (Darci layerd the paints and may have custom mixed the bronze paint). I hate to have to repaint the entire thing just to get it all to match, that's kind of a waste because her paint job is so excellent on the rest of the parts *sigh*

Yeah, at this rate I'm pouring more into it than what it's worth. There are definite parts that are too big and need replacing because they can't be reshaped to fit... they are just cast too big.

And now I've gotten this thread way Off Topic. Haha!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stinks that you can't get in contact the the suit maker they would be the best to repaint it. If you could get this done you probably could sell it for the same price you paid for it.
First in the 501st!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my badges today. If you want to get a 4 day pass you better get on it quick its 96% full already.
First in the 501st!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 day passes are completely sold out. I hope everyone got their badges. If you are going to be attending all 4 days its going to be expensive.
First in the 501st!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThayNerd wrote:
4 day passes are completely sold out. I hope everyone got their badges. If you are going to be attending all 4 days its going to be expensive.

Oh my god! I'm so glad Joan called me yesterday afternoon. I drove straight home and got my passes around 5:00pm. And here I was warning everyone to get their tickets soon and I had forgotten to get mine!!! It wasn't sold out this early last year, I remember I got my passes around this time last year actually and Joan had gotten hers at the end of April last year.

OK, now to find an affordable hotel.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

Oh my god! I'm so glad Joan called me yesterday afternoon. I drove straight home and got my passes around 5:00pm. And here I was warning everyone to get their tickets soon and I had forgotten to get mine!!! It wasn't sold out this early last year, I remember I got my passes around this time last year actually and Joan had gotten hers at the end of April last year.

OK, now to find an affordable hotel.

I think it being the 40th Anniversary this year has something to do with it. Tickets went really fast. I posted this info on all the costume forums I frequent. I hope everyone get their passes. I’m in the same boat now, looking for an affordable hotel.
First in the 501st!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThayNerd wrote:
That stinks that you can't get in contact the the suit maker they would be the best to repaint it. If you could get this done you probably could sell it for the same price you paid for it.

Guess what, I had sent the slave Leia suit maker a PM via myspace before WonderCon and forgot to check back... Darci's still making costumes so at the very least I can get the missing chain from her and hopefully she can make a new arm band sized correctly for me. But I don't know if she will divulge he paint recipe to me so I can repair the bikini top. I sent her photos of the condition it's in and we'll see what she says. Seems a waste to throw it out if I can heat it to reshape it and then repaint it.

The dumb thing, it's costing me more to repair this used kit than if I'd just waited and ordered a brand new one from her! I should have talked the price down on this used one a bit more, I didn't realize the bra was going to need re-painting Sad (But I was able to reshape it - it just had bent wire).

OK - back to the topic at hand. Comic-Con!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I purchased our tickets in November (CC 2008) but with everything going on I forgot until I saw the post the other day. I'm so glad I checked. I got them just in time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got in contact with her Kathy. Hopefully you get it all worked out and hopefully she will share her painting secrets with you. Good luck.
First in the 501st!
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of metal bras and chains makes me want to ask - Anyone get their hotels OK?

Wink

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
All this talk of...chains makes me want to ask - Anyone get their hotels OK?

Wink

"Hang in there..." Hang me with a rope or a chain. That stupid page! The system was horrible this year. I like it better when I can manually refresh, not when I'm told to just 'hang in there' and my position in the queue is totally ignored/invisible. That page would still be up now if I had not finally closed it down after 2 hours.

This is why you always need a team of room mates logging on getting a room, because odds are maybe one in four will be lucky and actually make it through to get a decent hotel.

So Matt, what's your hotel plan? Did YOU get a room?!?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

So Matt, what's your hotel plan? Did YOU get a room?!?

I actually got two rooms in the same hotel (its a 10 minute drive away) and they were both less than $160 per person from Wed. - Sun., when divided up by 4 people per room. It only took me less than 10 minutes by calling the hotel directly after checking the website.

I'm actually going to ask a friend for a "friends and family" discount at another place, to see if its closer and cheaper than the ones I got. Then I'll decide if I'll give the other two up.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: