Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ecde0eb5681efb1abea003d184bd7304Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: 10/10 Star Wars Lego Book Release Sac, SF, Hawaii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to sign up through the 501st but they said they only wanted armor so Juno is out. That is the last thing I got.

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY
Exodus (Ed)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeslyn wrote:
I tried to sign up through the 501st but they said they only wanted armor so Juno is out. That is the last thing I got.

Jessica, true on armor, but you can wear your Juno as handler / photographer.

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jessica,

Ed got you down as a handler/photographer in your Juno costume. So you are good to go and the Lola store and the Publicist are actually very eager to see your event photos once they are uploaded!

I have new event details for all of you
Smile Thanks to Ed for being our Liaison and working all of this out.

-------------------------

This is just a reminder to all Rebel Legion members participating in the Lego Book events on Saturday. We have all been instructed by the event publicist coordinating these store events NOT to contact the stores. It will add to the confusion, as not all of the store employees have the correct information.

Ed DaSilva is our liaison working out the event details for us with the publicist for the events. Please direct any questions you have to him if you happen to be a 501st member. Or you can ask me and I'll forward your questions to him.

So far this is the news I have to share with all of you.

Lola of North Beach - San Francisco

[list] 1. The store will reserve parking for our volunteers. 5 spots total for all volunteers from the 501st & RL, so people will need to arrange to car pool together (Total number of volunteers between 501st and RL are 7).
PLEASE REFER TO THE POST IN THE YAHOO GROUP FOR THE GARAGE ADDRESS AND CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER THE GARAGE

2. As of now, we have been instructed to use the front entrance of the store, and once you park and enter the store ask for the manager. They would like everyone to arrange to get to the store at roughly the same time... someone from the store will meet you and help carry up any bags or belongings into the store and show you where to go.

Lola of North Beach is located on the plaza level-in the back, next to cellar 360 and the ghirardelli cafe.

3. If you have trading cards, you may hand them out (Scott, your Endor Base cards could be good).
4. You will have a changing area in a secure are at the back of the store.
5. The event will take place outside at Ghiradelli Square
6. Day of Event Contact - PLEASE SEE THE POST IN THE YAHOO GROUP FOR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER.

San Mateo's Store event has been canceled.
We are waiting to find out if volunteers from the 501st will be regrouping to support either the Books Inc. Store in San Francisco or the Kepplers Books in Menlo Park. (Don, I'll let you know once we get confirmation if Menlo Park is a go. Thanks for being flexible on the potential change of venue!)

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Exodus (Ed)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to PM or email me with any questions (email: shinyclone@gmail.com)

Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok wow cool Thanks Smile

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY
Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it!!!! Crying or Very sad Mad

"...Something is happening, I'm not the Jedi I should be and I want more...One day I will be the most powerful JEDI..."
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberto,

If the other SF location on Chestnut St. ends up as a go, you could still do that. I know Elton signed up for it.

"You like me because I'm a scoundrel."

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkskywalker wrote:
Darn it!!!! Crying or Very sad Mad

Hey Roberto -

Yes, you should check to see if you can tag along at either Menlo Park, Santa Clara, or San Francisco Ghiradelli.

Just log on at the GGG forum and switch over to another store - but do it ASAP because I think Ed DaSilva is about to e-mail out the lists of volunteers for all of the LEGO events! You might be able to add into the San Francisco Ghiradelli location. That location can accommodate 5-10 volunteers. They currently have 7 signed up. But they only have 5 parking spots reserved so you would need to arrange to car pool in with another GGG member (parking will be impossible to find due to fleet week Saturday and the air show).

The Chestnut Street location has been declined because they couldn't get anyone other than Elton. So he is now at Menlo Park.

There is a chance they might be able to take extra people at Santa Clara, I'm not sure. But they are worried about having enough non-helmeted people there to act as handlers for the helmeted costumers. So they kind of want a few rebels to help keep the kids at bay when lining up for autographs and photos.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Lego Store Event In Hawai'i Reply with quote

Kay_Dee,

Thank you for posting this info on our behalf!

It is 10:17 a.m. on October 10th, here.

I might be stopping by the Ala Moana Shopping Center Lego Store today but I won't be able to stay for the event. I start work at 2:45 p.m. so I'll be leaving just as things are starting.

As your posted info states, Billy (Tig West) will be representing Rebel Legion Hawai'i.

May the Force be with him!

Jay Tee Erricck
State Captain, Hawai'i

P.S. kNytE, We can be contacted through http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com . My e-mail address is jaytee at rebellegionhawaii dot com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Lego event went well in Santa Clara. I'm waiting to hear from Billy and the rest of the RL members as to how the apperances went at all of the other Endor Base locations Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Tig West ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kathy,

Had a good time here in Hawaii (hope everyone else did as well).

We annoyed mall security as we were standing too close to the mouth of the store taking photos, Lego was fine with it but apprently we were backing up the flow of pedestrians in the mall as people slowed down/stopped in front of Lego to see us. We moved further back and the force was at peace once again, did I mention this was a little over half way through the event? han shot first

I did feel stupid after coming home and I realized I only had a couple of photos. My wife was kind enough to make a new shirt and the Endor duster (though I painted it) in preparation for this event and I didn't get any shots of me in it. Embarassed Oh well the 501st said they can help me out so I should have something soon.

I smuggle anything but slaves
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We attracted the attention of mall security at our location in Santa Clara as well. I don't know whether that is why Lego had us head back into the store soon after or not, but it's possible.

Tig, that's a great costume! Don't feel bad about photos... it's certainly hard to take them yourself when you're in costume and posing for photos with other people.
Tig West ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean mall security is an arm of the Empire? Surprised

Thanks for the compliment Taeriel, I was REALLY happy with the way my new shirt and duster turned out.

Funny thing is I'm in the Army and I'm still getting used to seeing costume pics of me with hair. I took to wearing a wig for Han last year and everyone seems to agree it is more "Han-ish" but it looks odd sorta too me.

I smuggle anything but slaves

Last edited by Tig West () on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Base Membership Officer

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission Report for Santa Clara Lego
Event: Lego Visual Dictionary launch
Date: 10-10-09

Attendees:

RL:
1. Kathy S (Kay Dee)– X-wing Pilot
2. Alison B (Taeriel) – Jedi

501st:
1. Brian - TK
2. Ricky - Commander Gree
3. Anthony (AKA Ciscotiger) - TK
4. Karen photographer/handler

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191275-2/IMG_6668.jpg

Details:

Our team arrived at the Lego store between 1:15 and 1:30. We were all welcomed by a very friendly and helpful staff who showed us into their stockroom where we suited up for the event. At roughly 2:00pm we made our grand entrance into the store where eager families awaited an opportunity to meet the Star Wars characters, have books signed, and take photographs. We were positioned along the back wall and the families filed through for the meet and greet in an orderly fashion.

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191297-2/IMG_6680.jpg

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191306-2/IMG_6683.jpg

After a brief trivia contest, the costume volunteers moved to the outer front entrance of the store where we continued to sign autographs and pose for photos.

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191339-2/IMG_6707.jpg

Anthony was a very lively stormtrooper, fully engaged with all of the children showing them how to pose.

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191372-2/IMG_6725.jpg

Mall patrons were stunned by Ricky’s fantastic Clone Armor, and he was called everything from Commander “Green”, to Boba Fett, and my favorite was a delighted little toddler who lit up the moment he encountered his new pal Gree calling him “Skywalker!” (It must have been the only Star Wars name the little guy had in his vocabulary.)

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191345-2/IMG_6710.jpg

Alison and Kathy provided friendly Rebel faces for some of the children who were a little intimidated by the costumes. Alison was great with the kids, and would encourage them to come pose for a photo by offering her lightsaber to them. The X-wing Pilot and Jedi also helped watch their fellow troopers’ backs when one or two kids got a little over excited and wanted to grab at blasters and helmets. (The 501st members were concerned this could be a crowded store, and authorized an additional Rebel to help out as a handler.).

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191462-2/IMG_6780.jpg

The Lego store had our appearance scheduled from only 2-3pm. We were all having a great time, and since we were prepared to stay until 4:00 we simply took a break at 3:00pm. Brian helped the Lego staff come up with a second round of trivia game questions (“Who was born first, Luke or Leia?”), and then we went back to the sales floor to mingle with patrons. It was a very enjoyable afternoon and we all had a great time interacting with the families. Thanks to Karen for taking so many excellent photos to document the occasion. And thanks to Ed D. (Exodus) for all of his work as liaison for the Bay Area DK events, and stopping by to say hello to check up on the event progress. And thanks to Alison for joining me at the last minute since it was decided an extra non-helmeted costumer would be a great assistance at this busy location!

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/191327-2/IMG_6699.jpg

Photographs by Karen Louie: http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/v/Main/dklegosc

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Base Membership Officer

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tig West wrote:
Hey Kathy,

Had a good time here in Hawaii (hope everyone else did as well).

Thanks for the report from Hawaii! Wow, between Darth Maul Security and Boba being there, it sounds like Han really had to watch his back! It's a good thing Han shoots first and asks questions later, lol! We ended up being OK just inside the doors of the Lego store, but Lego got in trouble with mall security when we were positioned outside. I guess they were not happy with the crowds forming.

Yeah, it can be difficult to have photos when we have no photographer with us Sad. That's what happened at Menlo Park. They only have a group photo taken in the stock room from what I've seen so far. If you have any pictures from 501st members we'd love to see them!

Wigs are always tough to get used to. It looks like you styled it in the scruffy Han manner so it really helps complete the look Smile Thanks for helping support the Rebel Alliance at Honolulu location!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: