Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=df5b8b6e6e8c6929be13f6ed7e0cde48Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: Star Wars In Concert - San Jose, 10/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (9)

(4)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
JedHeadSat Aug 01, 2009 7:04 am
TrooperdadSat Aug 01, 2009 3:51 pm
TaerielSat Aug 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Anasian SkywalkerSun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am
Kay_DeeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:13 am
Crazy Old WizardMon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 pm
PhavorianneMon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 pm
RunAmukThu Sep 10, 2009 3:32 pm
Jaina SoloSun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm
LizardJediSun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 am
Mother TuskenMon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 pm
Master MinaFri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm
owkrulesSat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 am
DerekM1767Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

So what costumes should I put you and Jessica down for? Jessica maybe Juno or Snowbunny Padme, you Jedi?

I'm thinking Juno or Snowbunny might not be accepted as they're not part of the movies (?) Maybe the AOTC Padme instead? Might want to run that by Mary and Betsy.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

So what costumes should I put you and Jessica down for? Jessica maybe Juno or Snowbunny Padme, you Jedi?

I'm thinking Juno or Snowbunny might not be accepted as they're not part of the movies (?) Maybe the AOTC Padme instead? Might want to run that by Mary and Betsy.

There is no stipulation about costumes having to be from movies. AOTC Padme will not work due to her hair color. Sorry Sad That's why I suggested those other costumes for her.

I do need to know soon Scott of you and Jessica want to be on the list for 2:00pm since sign ups are in the order I get them. I got the feeling you wanted to be on the list but didn't understand that it was still open?

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

Alison, I do see that your submission went through OK. I got an e-mail showing it. So now we wait a few weeks to see if you are approved as formal or informal. If you are approved as formal, and if Karen gets her Leia upgrade done in time and approved as formal, are you OK with letting her be Leia and you going as a Jedi?

My Jedi costume was approved as formal yesterday, so I think we are all set. I'm happy to be flexible on which costume I wear to help things work out. If Karen's upgrades are ready and approved in time and she would like to wear ANH Leia, then I'm fine with going as Jedi. If it doesn't work out, then I can wear Ceremonial Leia instead if Karen wants to wear her Jedi costume.
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

That's what we had thought too. No Snow Bunny or Juno because they are EU and a blonde Padme usually doesn't get picked for the high profile stuff. Plus, our messy schedules right now aren't going to allow Jessica to get her Jedi done either. So, I have to decide how badly I want to go through the changing hassles right before we see the 2PM show. I imagine you are all watching the 2 and trooping for the 7 right?
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
JedHead wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

There is no stipulation about costumes having to be from movies. AOTC Padme will not work due to her hair color. Sorry Sad That's why I suggested those other costumes for her.

I do need to know soon Scott of you and Jessica want to be on the list for 2:00pm since sign ups are in the order I get them. I got the feeling you wanted to be on the list but didn't understand that it was still open?

OK, guess I should read posts in reverse order huh, lol.

So Jess could do Snow Bunny then? hmmmm ok I will talk to her. If she is up for it, I will jump in as well. Yes, we did think all the spots were taken by now.

Getting changed and to our seats before the show might be a hassle, but it would be a fun event to troop for. I will let you know this afternoon.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, since you and Jessica have soft costumes I'd suggest just watching the show in your costumes (Joan Richard and I did this for a recent concert in Fresno... and the promotor said wearing your costume while watching the show is fine). That way at the end of the show (or during intermission) it will be easier for you to be there right away for costume support. It's just that people in armor can't really sit and watch the show and really need to change in and out of costume.

Jessica would be on the list of 5, you would be a back up. Robin was tentative as a Jedi, so if she drops you are in for sure in the list of 5. If Robin keeps her spot, you are the first back-up since Matt and Alison are already trooping the 7:00pm show. From the looks of it, the 501st will not use all 15 spots for the 2:00 show (many are committed to an event early in the day so that's why sign ups were heavy for 7:00 pm over 2:00pm for them) so I really think you will be able to troop with Jessica and take a leftover 501st spot.

Hard to say if they would want snowbunny over Juno. One is EU but recognized because it's a take-off of imperial officer. The other is Padme in a cartoon. Probably an even toss up. If she finishes her Jedi costume (can't remember the character name) before the concert and we have it approved by the RSVP date that could be even better since it's from the movie (Ep II right?) But I know you guys are swamped with getting re situated/moving so maybe the sewing is understandably on hold.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I can do 501st Juno and that opens up a spot for Scott in the RL. Would that work out? I would love to get my Jedi done but I just can't see it happening right now.

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY
Mastershane (Shane Gordon)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there are no performances being done close and in the base area that I can go to, I will be crossing to the mountain base area and see the concert in Salt Lake City with my brother. It nice to see this so well organized. The info about the Salt Lake City concert has been slow coming to us.
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

Please remove me from the listing. I would prefer to be able to spend some time actually seeing the displays on site there and enjoying the show. I then don't have to worry about dressing up and down and rushing around and then not getting to see any of the items on display due to having to be in a specific area for photo ops.

My Jedi is technically no longer actually Formal. Since parts of the original costume were in that group of my stuff that was stolen. So I no longer have the same belt, cumberbun, boots, pants, saber clip or even a lightsaber hilt. And I do not believe that they would want us carrying the full lightsaber for this. I have the material for my new Leia, but I don't want to or plan to rush to get this done if you need to know now for who is going and as what. This will be my third attempt at the Leia costume, so I don't want to rush and mess it up. So you can give my spot to someone else that wants to go.

If I find that patrons are encouraged to come in costume, I may still do that. And yes, I realize that I would need to uphold both the RL and 501st standards of conduct.

Karen Katich
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitfox wrote:
Kathy,

Please remove me from the listing. I would prefer to be able to spend some time actually seeing the displays on site there and enjoying the show. I then don't have to worry about dressing up and down and rushing around and then not getting to see any of the items on display due to having to be in a specific area for photo ops.

Karen Katich

Hi Karen,

Oh - I didn't realize your replacement Jedi costume varied so much from your original that it wouldn't be formal? I suspect it still would be, I don't remember thinking it looked like much was missing. Whenever you get a chance to suit up and take photos of your new Jedi costume that would be great.

From what I understand people can attend the show in costume (they anticipate that regular fans and children may show up in costume - just like movie events). So there is always that option if you feel like dressing up but don't want to have to worry about specifically being there for photo ops and you have no real need to have the back stage changing access.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone like myself is going to the 2 pm show, and staying until before the 7 pm show starts (but not watching it), some of us would like to go to dinner afterwards. There are some Fan Force members already scouting the area for potential places nearby. RL and GGG are also invited.

Anyone interested?

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into being free for dinner after I get back from Atlanta. I just don't know my schedule right now.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, what kind of place are you looking for? 'Could probably help you with that...

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone suggested Brittania Arms nearby. I think there should be 3 choices (within walking distance), in case one or more are crowded, and/or need reservations. I think we should know by the end of the month as to how many are interested in going, so we can make reservations.

Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What timeframe is being considered for dinner? I'm volunteering for the 7pm showing, and plan to stay to be there for the intermission at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: