Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ab4d63f57fd2a2dca19d47ae935992ebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: Star Wars In Concert - San Jose, 10/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (9)

(4)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
JedHeadSat Aug 01, 2009 7:04 am
TrooperdadSat Aug 01, 2009 3:51 pm
TaerielSat Aug 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Anasian SkywalkerSun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am
Kay_DeeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:13 am
Crazy Old WizardMon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 pm
PhavorianneMon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 pm
RunAmukThu Sep 10, 2009 3:32 pm
Jaina SoloSun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm
LizardJediSun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 am
Mother TuskenMon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 pm
Master MinaFri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm
owkrulesSat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 am
DerekM1767Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I totally dropped the ball on this, but would still like to costume for the 2PM, if there is still an open spot. I think Jessica will be doing 501st Juno so, if possible, sign me up.
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy...Please remove me from the costume volunteer list. I've decided to attend in street clothes so I can enjoy the festivities and have a jolly good time taking in the event with you, Joan and Richard.

BTW, my Luminara costume will be unveiled at WonderCon 2010. It is complete and looks awesome (can't wait to show it off). However, getting into it (three layers of skirts, not to mention a heavy cloak and headpiece) and putting on the make-up at an event like this will take too much time, slow down our group and add pressure to me. Yes, indeed, this costume is being saved for big Cons only.

Looks like you have enough volunteers to cover spots. So, I'll be there with camera in hand and ready to help my comrades in costume.

As for dinner after the concert...since I'll be with you ET AL, I'm open to dinner or whatever the group decides. Smile
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:
Kathy...Please remove me from the costume volunteer list. I've decided to attend in street clothes so I can enjoy the festivities and have a jolly good time taking in the event with you, Joan and Richard.

OK, I'll remove you from the volunteer list Robin Smile

Can't wait to see Luminara, hopefully we will have a big event before April where you can proudly wear it!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some important updates regarding our participation in the concert!

Here are some highlights:

1) They have upped the volunteer count from 20 to 30 total, asking for 30% to be from the Rebel Legion. So we now have 9 potential spots for Rebel Legion volunteers!

2) If you are a volunteer but did not buy a ticket to the show, you may get lucky and still be able to watch the show. We won't know until the day of the concert, it sounds like they will try to give us leftover/unpurchased seats if they can arrange it with the venue. They have warned us they probably won't be the best seats in the venue if they are able to give us seats.

3) Costume Volunteers with tickets to see the show must change into street clothes before entering the seating arena, unless they happen to have seats at the back part of their seating section. The promoters feel our costumes will be a distraction to audience members, so we must change per their request and then change back into costume when the show is over.

If you are sitting in the back of your section and able to stay in costume, or you are not watching the show, they would like you to appear in the lobby area during intermission to mingle with guests. Otherwise, do not make an attempt to change into costume for intermission.

4) Advise for Non-Volunteers attending the show in costume: While nobody can dictate what you wear to the concert, please keep in mind that the preference of the concert promoters is to have us in street clothing (unless we are seated in the back of our particular seating section). So for those of you who plan to wear your costumes to the show as non-volunteers, please follow the wishes of the concert promoters as they have asked our members to "be conscientious of other guests around them and try to avoid anything that would draw attention away from the show itself or distract those around them." I would think this would include posing for photos during the show, or waving lightsabers during the show. Anything that would call attention to you and distract audience members sitting behind you.

5) We've been asked to bring and store all our belongings (costume, change of clothes, personal items) in a single bag. Yeah, that bag will be big for a lot of us (and for troopers, it will be a tub!), but please bring one big bag all your items will fit in, rather than several small bags.

Here is the list of updated guidelines we were sent:

Dear Rebel Legion and 501st Garrison Participants,

In trying to respond to all of the questions that have come to us regarding volunteer participation with Star Wars in Concert, we have created an outline that will make clear our expectations regarding your involvement and help you to better participate in our event. Although similar, the circumstances of which we execute the following may change from building to building.

The Show
    Star Wars in Concert is a 2-hour program comprised of two 45-minute acts and a 30-minute intermission. The show will generally run from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm with doors opening at 6 pm. Our venues will predominantly be closing at 11 pm. In some cities there will be a matinee, whether it is in conjunction with an evening show, or by itself. There is also a full exhibit of props, costumes, and artwork traveling with the show. The exhibit will be in the lobbies and concourses of each venue.

Duties
    501st and Rebel Legion participation is voluntary. Participants will interact with the concert audience, in character, throughout the exhibit prior to the concert event. Doors generally open 90 minutes prior to curtain and we expect our participants to be prepared and in costume by that time. There will be some Saturday and Sunday matinees where we may not open doors to the public until 60 minutes prior to show time. Nonetheless, we expect participants to arrive with enough time to be prepared 90 minutes prior to curtains. We also encourage participants to again interact with the audience, in character, after the concert. The audience will be taking their final walk through the exhibit as they exit and looking for last minute photo opportunities with costumed participants. We do not expect participants who have bought tickets to the show to interact with the audience on the concourse during the 30-minute intermission.

Costume Guidelines
    To avoid distraction from the show, participant’s costumes should not be worn in the concert arena, unless at the rear of the main floor or in the rear loges or balconies. We ask those who will be seeing the show to change into street clothes before entering the concert arena. We do not expect any participants who have bought tickets to interact with the audience on the concourse during the 30-minute intermission, as there is not enough time for participants to change into costume, interact with the audience, and change back into street clothes in that 30-minute time period. Participants should not be leaving the arena before the end of the first act in order to accomplish an intermission appearance. Those willing to change back into costume for an after show appearance are encouraged, and will be able to exit the arena for changing after the final montage of the second act.

Costume Approval
    We would like to see a minimum and maximum combined total of 20 to 30 costumed characters at each event. This number should be approximately a 70/30% split. For example: Fourteen 501st participants and six Rebel Legion participants. This figure does not include handlers, as their numbers depend upon your judgment. For costumes, we are open to your opinions and excited to see your creativity. Characters recognizable by name and members of squads, such as Storm Troopers or Rebel Pilots, are always well received by the crowds. We ask that a picture of any costume being worn to this event by a participant be sent to us at least a week prior to the night of appearance. Don’t hesitate to send pictures of any droids you feel would make a good addition to the ranks. Do keep in mind that any droid that is small or low to the ground has a very high chance of being stepped on or tripped over. If this is the case, we will likely not approve its use throughout the exhibit, and must reserve any judgment regarding these until we see them on show night.

Show Accommodations
    We will make every attempt to provide participants a space within the concert arena to watch the show. What must be kept in mind is that while we will do our best to supply you with an audience space or seat, this will simply not be true for all cities. Anybody wishing to see the show without a purchased ticket will not know if this accommodation will be available until the night of the show. It is also important to know that any spaces we can provide will not often be of the highest caliber. Those wishing for a guaranteed or quality seat are recommended to purchase a ticket ahead of time.

UPDATE FROM ED DASILVA:
    We have been told we will not get any free seats in San Jose... so if we get anything it will be a complete surprise.

Parking Passes
    Again, this is something we hope to provide you with, but is not guaranteed. The venues control parking and although we ask for provided parking, it is not a constant that you should rely on. We are steadfast in suggesting that you carpool to these events. As we find out answers to this question, we will pass the appropriate information along to you.

UPDATE FROM ED DASILVA:
    We must pay for parking for our event

Changing Room
    We will make every attempt to provide participants with an appropriate changing room and the appropriate security. Please keep you personal possessions in a single bag.

Thank you and have fun

Non-Volunteers attending in Costume:

I am sure that there will be several folks not affiliated with either group showing up in costumes for the show. I don't know that we can really dictate what folks wear who are not volunteering for us that evening but what you could do is make a suggestion that those attending and not volunteering be conscientious of other guests around them and try to avoid anything that would draw attention away from the show itself or distract those around them.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
owkrules ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm,

If I wanted to wear my Ep III Obi-Wan costume in my seat, no lightsaber, just my costume, quiet and well-behaved, not drawing attention to myself, is that completely taboo or is that possible? I didnt get things together in time to be able to volunteer for this one.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owkrules wrote:
Just to confirm,

If I wanted to wear my Ep III Obi-Wan costume in my seat, no lightsaber, just my costume, quiet and well-behaved, not drawing attention to myself, is that completely taboo or is that possible? I didnt get things together in time to be able to volunteer for this one.

Time has not expired for you to volunteer for one of the shows if you do want to sign up. Down side of volunteering, you can't wear your costume during the show unless your seats happen to be in the back portion of your seating section.

If you are not volunteering - yes, you can wear your costume during the show so long as you are respectful of those around you... I kind of think of it as they don't want us creating our own show in the audience - lol! If you bring a lightsaber, I'm not even sure the concert allows them inside. If security allowed you in with one, I personally don't believe it's a good idea to create a distraction to those around you by turning it on during the show. I know Matt has told me people turn on their lightsabers at the John Williams concert, but it seems for this show the promoters don't want any distractions to put off audience members paying to see the show.

So you should be just fine Will Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
owkrules ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Kathy.

Yeah, I see that spots have opened up! I know that it would be quick to have to get the pics together for my costume - I think to pass as Ewan I would need to get things together for blue contacts, which I dont think I will be able to do before the deadline for submitting pics, that's why I wasnt planning on doing it because of the formal requirements for the costume.

So, if I can get my you-know-what in gear I would hope that I can get things together (i.e, blue contacts) for holiday get-togethers. I know I have been pretty much absent and out in my little hut on Tatooine these past few months, but things are finally easing up a bit with work and I hope to be able to make some holiday stuff!
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - are you serious? Do they really require a specific eye color for your costume??? Rolling Eyes Or is it just an extra touch that you wish to add?

Volunteering or not, it will be great to see you there at the concert! Smile
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I don't know that eye color will be looked at that closely. It isn't something that can be easily seen in a photo. You have a similar hair color, hair and beard style (well, for Ep III, not sure about Ep II), and other physical features which would help you pass as Obi-Wan. But the final call I believe is LFL's and the concert promoters especially when it comes to face characters. I guess I'm saying, I'd hardly count you out because of your eye color.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think eye color is/should be a factor. In the 501st, ROTS Anakins aren't required to have the "sith" eyes, because some people get irritations from them. Now Maul on the other hand is a different story...

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
I don't think eye color is/should be a factor. In the 501st, ROTS Anakins aren't required to have the "sith" eyes, because some people get irritations from them. Now Maul on the other hand is a different story...

Yeah, eye color is not a factor for joining the club at all. Now, I can't speak for how picky LFL or any particular event organizer would ever be in selecting face characters for their event. However, as I mentioned above you don't really notice eye color right off the bat in photos so I think out of all of the physical characteristics we bring to our version of these characters, eye color has very little impact on the overall presentation Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jaina Solo (Shea Standefer)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally signing up for this, to volunteer for the 7 pm showing. I'll understand if I'm not needed, but I wanted to make the formal request. I have a formal Jedi costume I could wear, and a Slave Leia costume I would feel fine wearing if it were not deemed inappropriate and pending approval from RL. If I'm not needed, I'll see everyone at the 2pm showing! Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaina Solo wrote:
Finally signing up for this, to volunteer for the 7 pm showing. I'll understand if I'm not needed, but I wanted to make the formal request. I have a formal Jedi costume I could wear, and a Slave Leia costume I would feel fine wearing if it were not deemed inappropriate and pending approval from RL. If I'm not needed, I'll see everyone at the 2pm showing! Smile

I've added you to the list Shea! I'll probably just submit both of your costumes and let it be their call, as I have no idea how they feel about Slave Leia but I know your costume is excellent. If your costume isn't in your profile by this Saturday, I'll just need you to send me a link to any photo you have (full length) from a con or whatever.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jaina Solo (Shea Standefer)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing, Kathy. I'm waiting to get the high-res ones back from the photographer, but if I don't have them by tomorrow I'll just mail you the lo-res ones. And I'm perfectly happy wearing a Jedi costume too, so whichever they decide, if there still is space. Either way, I'm sure it'll be fun whether I end up volunteering or not! Smile
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no R2's for this, eh, Kathy?

R2 D2

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: