Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d6c21e7e3fa081d182f044bc8acd9c4cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: Star Wars In Concert - San Jose, 10/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (9)

(4)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
JedHeadSat Aug 01, 2009 7:04 am
TrooperdadSat Aug 01, 2009 3:51 pm
TaerielSat Aug 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Anasian SkywalkerSun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am
Kay_DeeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:13 am
Crazy Old WizardMon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 pm
PhavorianneMon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 pm
RunAmukThu Sep 10, 2009 3:32 pm
Jaina SoloSun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm
LizardJediSun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 am
Mother TuskenMon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 pm
Master MinaFri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm
owkrulesSat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 am
DerekM1767Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The R2 builders wanted to be in direct contact with the concert promoters and not coordinate through their contacts in the RL/501st. Basically, you'd have to personally ask Chris or Gerard if they decided to attend with their droids. They were put in contact with the concert promoters by me, that's all I could do if they didn't want me as a middle man Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Phavorianne ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

2) If you are a volunteer but did not buy a ticket to the show, you may get lucky and still be able to watch the show. We won't know until the day of the concert, it sounds like they will try to give us leftover/unpurchased seats if they can arrange it with the venue. They have warned us they probably won't be the best seats in the venue if they are able to give us seats.

Oooops, that's me! D: Somehow I forgot to get a ticket and went off on vacation... and now all that's left are the tickets that will cost me $90. But if the seats are likely to sell out, I suppose I should just get the ticket! /hmm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phavorianne wrote:

Oooops, that's me! D: Somehow I forgot to get a ticket and went off on vacation... and now all that's left are the tickets that will cost me $90. But if the seats are likely to sell out, I suppose I should just get the ticket! /hmm

Yeah, if you want to watch the show you should get tickets. The last our 501st contact Ed DaSilva was told is that we are not getting free tickets to the show in San Jose. Sorry this has become so complicated and not much being done for volunteers for this particular venue. At best, it's a gamble to see if they end up giving people seats the day of the show (as one e-mail from concert promoters stated). But when Ed double checked they told him no. Rolling Eyes

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily, I believe if you go through our group discount, you can still get the mid-range and high-range tickets put aside for us. As far as I know, the cheapest seats reserved for us are sold out.

But you'd have to call and give our discount code to find out for sure as to exactly what's left.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Phavorianne ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Lily, I believe if you go through our group discount, you can still get the mid-range and high-range tickets put aside for us. As far as I know, the cheapest seats reserved for us are sold out.

But you'd have to call and give our discount code to find out for sure as to exactly what's left.

Was that only for the 7PM show, or for the 2PM as well?
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phavorianne wrote:
JedHead wrote:

Was that only for the 7PM show, or for the 2PM as well?

It is now only the 7pm show that gets the discount. It was the 2pm show that caused a huge fiasco when we had like, 25 people go in on tickets and they they were told 'sorry, this show is now regular price'.

I'll PM you the information.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Phavorianne ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kathy!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phavorianne wrote:
Thank you Kathy!

I sent off the PM and forgot to add they guys phone number. So, I went back and edited the PM. Hope you got the edit with phone number added!

If you decide to switch and volunteer for the 7:00pm show, we seem to still have one spot open (if they hold to the volunteer numbers they last gave us... this event seems to have more twists and turns than I'm used to).

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

It is now only the 7pm show that gets the discount. It was the 2pm show that caused a huge fiasco when we had like, 25 people go in on tickets and they they were told 'sorry, this show is now regular price'.

Oops. Forgot. Embarassed Thanks for clarifying.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

Oops. Forgot. Embarassed Thanks for clarifying.

Heck, I forgot we had discount seats at all! LOL! At least you remembered. Too bad it's not for 2:00pm when Lily originally wanted to volunteer.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check with Ming...I think he bought some extra tickets for the 2PM
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunAmuk wrote:
Check with Ming...I think he bought some extra tickets for the 2PM

I did, and those are all spoken for.

Sorry.

Phavorianne ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, guys! I appreciate it~ I decided to go ahead and get a ticket for 2PM (it's something worth paying for!). My seat is in FLR 2, which I believe is front centerish. Would it be enough to throw a long coat over my outfit, or would it be better to change out completely? I'm mostly worried about the messy hassle of changing into and out of a white outfit with wounds drawn on my back.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phavorianne wrote:
I'm mostly worried about the messy hassle of changing into and out of a white outfit with wounds drawn on my back.

I think since your costume is pretty much white pants, boots, and a top that putting on some kind of cover up like a sweater or jacket is fine. I don't know that the promoters realize how time consuming it can be getting in and out of some of our costumes.

I'll be submitting the list around Tues or Wed after conferring with the 501st to see how to compile our list. We were told to have it in about 10 days in advance. I don't know how long it will take them to review the characters and get back to us with an OK on the costumes... hopefully we'll know 5 days or so before the concert? (Or earlier if lucky?)

I'll post details about our arrival time and how to meet up to get our back stage passes - etc once they give that info to me.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Report from the Honda Center in Southern California. Apparently it was a mob scene. So perhaps this explains why they really don't care for us to be in costume in the seating area. People really were mobbing for pictures. So please, if you guys are going to dress up as joe regular fan/non-volunteer just don't let a mob form around you in the seating area. I personally suggest you decline photos so you don't have a crowd forming around you in the seating area. I'm guessing this happens more for stormtroopers than for soft costumes like Jedi... so it may not even be much of an issue for us.

Honda Center Report:

Quote:
Just a real quick post, the crowds were INSANE (in a nice way) in their frenzy to get photos with folks. I highly recommend staking out the large back drops near the entrances for photo op positions.

Also, based on my personal observations (and those of several other working tonights gig),

Driving Droids at this event will most definitely be at your own risk....

The folks aren't mean or anything, but pretty much everyone there is a MAJOR Star Wars fan and they are all pressing to try to get photos of and with the costumed characters. Think MOSH PIT with everyone from 8 months to 80 vying to get a better spot.

Anyway, just my two bits that it might be a bit dicey for Droids. They might survive with actual event security around them, but once the doors start letting folks into the Honda Center, it is chaotic to say the least (in a nice overly enthusiastic Star Wars kind of way).

I did submit our list of potential volunteers to LFL and the concert promoters. Just waiting to hear back as to who is or isn't approved. If I don't hear something by Monday afternoon I'll send a reminder since I know some of you are traveling up to San Jose for this and probably need to make plans.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: