Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=013357e39f1f4b31e32dd03f7f34b29aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Cancelled: April Fools Party at Lucasfilm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Cancelled: April Fools Party at Lucasfilm Reply with quote

Sorry Guys, it's not an April Fools Joke. The event has been cancelled. Stacy is really very sorry but it turns out she needed approval from LFL PR to have us out for the party and it was not granted. I'm sure she'll keep us in mind in the future and plan ahead with PR next time.

OK guys i owe you all an apology.
    I assumed it would be ok to have you over for the party, etc. but since it was so last minute i hadn't cleared this visit with PR first. Looks like we're going to have to call this off.
    I didn't think anything of it, but it looks like having you come for a birthday type party isn't in keeping w/ company protocol- even if it's for a large group.
    Sad I did my best to talk the powers that be into letting you guys come for the just the screening instead- but it looks like they prefer to keep those kinds of events nice and organized and very very pre-planned so i couldn't get the green light.

I feel so terrible! I'm so sorry to have wasted your time. I promise next time I ask you to come over I will have cleared it officially first. Grrr. Anyway- at least you'll have one less thing to worry about w/ wondercon preparations. Again i am soooo sorry!

-Stacy

---------------------------------------

I'm still getting the details on this, but wanted to post it ASAP since it's pretty last minute and people may need to make plans.

WHAT:
April Fool's Birthday Party
DATE: April 1st, 2010
WHERE: Lucasfilm Letterman Digital Arts Center
ADDRESS: One Letterman Drive, San Francisco, CA
TIME: 10:30am - roughly 1:30 or 2:00pm
COSTUMES REQUESTED: Both Rebel Legion and 501st costumes. Formal Costumes please since this is a lucasfilm event. High profile event considerations in effect.
NUMBERS: I'm awaiting specifics on this. She requested a "Couple" so we may need to evenly divide this between Rebel Legion and 501st, Or she may decide she wants mostly 501st and maybe one Rebel.... no idea... at this point. Attendance will probably be limited since she only requested a "Couple" but I'm waiting to get the details from her on numbers.

I will be running the costume photos by Stacy so that she can choose the individuals and costumes she would like for the event.

HANDLERS: A few wranglers and handlers to help are OK. Keep in mind the 501st will be requesting their own handlers, so I'd imagine we can have at least one handler from the Rebel Legion and if the 501st has no handler volunteers that could open up the potential for RL members to help out a bit more.
PARKING: Free street parking or the LDAC garage at one letterman drive. We may need to pay for our own parking. If there are only a couple of cars (everyone is able to car pool), Stacy may be able to pay for it but please do not count on this.

PROPOSED ITINERARY:

Show up at LDAC for general goofing around and costume prep around 10:30 am / 11 am or so
Run up to party room
The birthday party itself is going to be at 12:00 - and there will be lots of cakes to go around!
party 12- 12:25
Watch clone wars at 12:30-1:00
Go to company store after 1:00 (if there is time, this may be a very fast 5 minute stop in if we have any time left at all).
Wrap it up by 130 ish.

Message from Stacy at Lucas Arts:

I know this is super last minute, but I'm throwing a big "April Fools" birthday party here at LDAC for about 7 employees birthdays and about 20 guests.

I just got the wild idea that it would be fun to have some of the 501st/ Rebel Legion join us if anyone's free.

As an added treat- anyone in attendance can join us for a preview screening of an episode of the Clone Wars animated show in our premier theatre the day before it airs.

Again I know this is crazy last minute and understand if it's too soon to plan, AND it's really close to wondercon.
thanks again folks for your consideration!

- Stacy

As for the store; hopefully we can squeeze that in, but if folks have a realistic expectation that it will be a very short trip (if at all) then that is probably wise.

- Stacy

----------------------------------------

PLEASE SIGN UP BELOW WITH YOUR FULL NAME (FOR PASS PURPOSES) AND PROVIDE LINKS TO YOUR COSTUME PHOTOS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CLEAR ONES IN YOUR PROFILE. I will be submitting costumes to Stacy for her to choose, since she may only be able to take a few between the Rebel Legion and 501st. No gaurantee how the split will be, or who will be selected to attend, so please do not assume this is an even 50/50 split.

Please sign up/throw your hat in the ring if you know for sure you have the day off. Smile If you are unsure about getting time off, you must indicate this when you post so we can avoid having a volunteer spot go unused.

I'm unclear if she needs the names by the end of today, or by early tomorrow to prepare the passes, so the earlier I can get a list together to send off to Stacy the better. I'll post more information as I get it from her.

-----------------------------------

REQUESTS TO SIGN UP
(pending approval by Stacy)

Kathy Skirmont - I can offer X-Wing, TIE Pilot (501st) and possibly Leia or Padme. Handler is fine too #3
Dbuck - RFT or X-wing Pilot
Scott - Jedi
Joan (tentative pending ability to change appointment) - Jedi or Leia or handler #2
Jessica - Snow Bunny or White Battle or Handler #1
Matt - Anakin ROTS, Anakin AOTC, Luke ROTJ, TIE Pilot (501st) Imperial Crewman (501st) And handler #4
Anasian Skywalker - X-WING Pilot, ANH Luke Scout Trooper (501st) And handler #5
Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran) - Qui Rob Jinn Jedi or Clone Wars Anakin Costume pending approval
Phavorianne (Lily Gruenke) - Battle Padme or Tatooine Padme

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:20 am; edited 18 times in total
dbuck (david buckley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'll throw in as well with X-Wing pilot or RFT

Einstein

RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting! I could do this and then just go over and start setting up for WC. Jessica may be able to ask for a day off and join in. We will wait to hear what the number limits may be.
docrichsgirl (Joan Belcinski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to see if I can get out of an appt. if I'm chosen. I have a Jedi and Leia.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add you to the list Scott.

I forgot to add... please sign up/throw your hat in the ring if you know for sure you have the day off. Smile
If you are unsure about getting the day off you must indicate this when you sign up. It would be highly unfortunate to take a spot away from someone and have a pass prepared for an individual who ends up not being able to make it.

I'm unsure how the 501st will decide to handle the sign ups since they have different criteria for selecting for high profile/ limited attendance events. But you all may want to keep checking on the GGG forums if you have a 501st costume to offer too.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do Snow Bunny or White Battle. Or just a handler.
I feel a work cold coming on for that day Wink

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeslyn wrote:
I would love to do Snow Bunny or White Battle. Or just a handler.
I feel a work cold coming on for that day Wink

OK, as long as you know for sure you would be able to call in sick Wink

We'll have to wait and see what costumes she prefers, I have no idea if she can only take one or two of us.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you too!

Costumes:

Anakin ROTS
Anakin AOTC
Luke ROTJ
TIE Pilot (501st)
Imperial Crewman (501st)

And handler. Wink

Dale and I were going to do our own costumed April Fool's joke at Best Buy that day, but we can put it on hold until afterwards.

Very Happy

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

docrichsgirl wrote:
I'll have to see if I can get out of an appt. if I'm chosen. I have a Jedi and Leia.

Joan and others - are you also willing to be a handler if your costume is not chosen?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I'm in, I have..unfortunately, the entire month off!

Costumes:
X-WING Pilot
ANH Luke
Scout Trooper (501st)

And YES....even as a handler
docrichsgirl (Joan Belcinski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Smile
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - sign ups are now taking place at the GGG forum if any of you have imperial costumes to offer.

As for handlers, those are all equal here so on the RL end that is first ask, first to be considered. Jessica was basically the first to ask officially, so I'll mark her as #1 if her costume isn't needed.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeslyn (Jessica M)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling in sick would be just fine. No problem there.

"Sometimes there are things no one can fix." - Padme Episode II

"Sometime soon, you will decide the fate of the rebellion, not your Master." - Juno Eclipse

"Oh Master, I can tell you she's going to be impossible to reprogram." - PROXY
Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I may be able to make it as Qui Rob Jinn.....and probably Clone Wars Anakin Costume with armor, if I get it approve
thanks Very Happy

"...Something is happening, I'm not the Jedi I should be and I want more...One day I will be the most powerful JEDI..."

Last edited by Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran) on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just found out that there is room for 10 total. This means 10 total 501st, RL + handlers. I'm waiting to hear back from Edwin, but we may agree to split this half and half and if 501st does not use up all of the spots then they could open up to RL.

Darkskywalker wrote:
Hi,
I may be able to make it as Qui Rob Jinn.....
thanks

Hi Roberto,

Let me know as soon as you'd know if you are 100% able to take time off or not.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: