Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9a9829f6dbaa4037bd724a78537cef56Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Playland "Star Wars" Party. El Cerrito, CA 3-13
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (4)

(1)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
JedHeadTue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 pm
Kay_DeeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:56 am
Anasian SkywalkerWed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 am
CiscotigerWed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 am
Master MinaTue Mar 09, 2010 5:44 pm
nebelwerferWed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pmWed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Playland "Star Wars" Party. El Cerrito, CA 3-13 Reply with quote

WHAT: Private Event: Star Wars Birthday Party for a 9 year old boy
WHEN: Saturday March 13th
TIME: Party is 5:00pm-9:00pm. Meet-up time 4:30 (earlier arrivals are OK if you want to play games in street clothes then get dressed at 4:30. We just need to know so I can let the manager know ahead of time)

APPEARANCE TIME: no later than 5:30 (Some late arrivals may be OK if you have scheduling conflicts - but our goal is to make an appearance at the same time as the 501st who are scheduled to appear in costume from 5:30-6:00pm. You need to let me know ahead of time if you are going to be arriving late and we'll see what we can work out.)
WHERE: Playland not-at-the-beach
10979 San Pablo Avenue
El Cerrito, CA 94530
WEB SITE: http://www.playland-not-at-the-beach.org/
NUMBER OF CHARACTERS REQUESTED: No limit
TYPES OF COSTUMES: Rebel Legion approved Star Wars costumes (formal and informal should be fine). Since it's for a young boy, please refrain from skimpier costumes like Slave Leia.

The 501st Golden Gate Garrison has been invited as well.
SECURE CHANGING AREA: characters can change in the large restrooms or in private offices. All clothes will be safely secured.
PARKING: We have a free lot and there is free on-the-street parking.
WEAPONS?: Lightsabers with blades and blasters are welcome.
WHAT WE WILL BE DOING: Walking through the museum and surprising the children. Getting pictures taken, whatever you normally do.
FOOD: We will provide food
Richard Tuck – cellphone (510) 932-8966

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Playland is a non-profit Museum of Fun and we are hosting a Star Wars birthday party for a 9 year old boy. We put on private events to pay for the operations of our non-profit museum. It is an indoor climate controlled facility. We would love characters to come as participate with guests, and they are also welcome to come earlier in the day and stay until 9pm enjoying all that Playland has to offer (carnival games, pinball machines, etc.). Getting there earlier (not in costume) allows more time to play games and have fun. Once they have made an appearance, they can also slip out of costume and stay and play some more!

-----------------------------------------

We were referred by our own Master Mina - Robin Smile

---------------------------------------------

SIGN-UPS
Please list the costume you would like to wear. Let's do our best to avoid duplicates of major face characters if we can.

Kay Dee - X-wing Pilot or Princess Leia
JedHead - Anakin (Ep III) (cross posted at 501st)
AnasianSkywalker - X-wing Pilot
Nebelwerfer - switched to Imperial Tech for 501st
Ciscotiger () - Clone Trooper (cross posted at 501st)
Master Mina (very tentative) - Jedi
Skid Solo - Photographer

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 pm; edited 11 times in total
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go as an X-wing pilot and test out my modified ejection straps before Wondercon...
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I need to talk to my husband but I'd like to try to do this event. Need to get his OK though.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put myself down as tentative (generic Jedi) in case my plans fall through this weekend. Below is what I sent to the group via email..

If any of you can work this event you will be guaranteed a good time. The owner, Richard Tuck, is really cool and you can get lost in playing games and looking at exhibits throughout the Museum....lots of fun things to do at this place. It's like being at a fair, but indoors. And he's got some really cool Star Wars pinball and video games too.

The bathrooms are spacious and clean as well as the facility and they have a full kitchen. They have a small parking lot in the back and plenty of street parking on the side (it's down from El Cerrito BART station). Also, since this is a kid's party, you probably will be treated to food and beverages, besides being treated like royalty (Richard takes care of his volunteers!!).

FYI - I had the privilege to volunteer (non-Star Wars) at his facility back in January 2010 under the Disney Give a day, get a day program and I had a blast working there. It felt more like playing than work, even though I put in an 8 hour day!! :-D

I, unfortunately, won't be around this weekend, otherwise I would work this event.

You won't be disappointed!!

Robin aka Master Mina
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the low down Robin and the referral!

In the future, if you refer anyone to RL... maybe send them to the Endor Base contact page web site or give them my e-mail address. Even rl-info@endorbase.org. I'm not sure what's wrong with the Rebel Legion event request form. I've missed 3 requests that I'm aware of this year... don't know what else could have slipped through the cracks.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:

In the future, if you refer anyone to RL... maybe send them to the Endor Base contact page web site or give them my e-mail address. Even rl-info@endorbase.org. I'm not sure what's wrong with the Rebel Legion event request form. I've missed 3 requests that I'm aware of this year... don't know what else could have slipped through the cracks.

Already ahead of you on that one my fearless leader. Very Happy I've advised Richard about the contact page or he can contact me and I'll refer him to the right contacts for future events.

Here's what he just emailed me, if you want to update the event posting:

Thank you for pushing this along. We really appreciate your help. Here are some answers for you:

Star Wars people can show up any time starting at 4:30 and as late as 7:30 PM. The earlier they arrive, the more fun they can have!

This is for a family, so I suspect skinny costumes might draw some attention.

We have restrooms and private offices where people can change and clothes will be safe. Free parking is available in our lot or on the street.

We will provide food, and Star Wars people can step out of their costumes and stay and play.

This is going to be a blast!!

Best regards,

Richard Tuck

Playland-Not-at-the-Beach

Open to the Public Sat & Sun 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

10979 San Pablo Avenue

El Cerrito, CA 94530

Website is www.playland-not-at-the-beach.org
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, tentative that is.
Generic Jedi
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If other people can go, I'll go as Anakin.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cleared to attend the event. Now to see if I can actually get David to attend with me and maaaaybeeee wear his Han Solo Costume? Doubtful, but I'm working on it Wink If not, his loss. We'll have fun playing games and taking pictures with the kids.

I'm updating the first post with all the info I got from Robin and the correspondence I've had with Richard at Playland. Thanks so much Robin for the referral. I'm glad they nudged me with an e-mail since there was a goof up with our event request form. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the year now.

As soon as some of you tentative folks know if you are a go or not let me know. Also let me know if you are not able to be there by 4:30 and if not, what time you can be there. We don't want to get out of our costumes before any late comers arrive, since we were told that after our group makes an appearance we can put on civvies and play games.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeep! One more quick update on the time/schedule. I did some conferring with Edwin at the GGG. Their group is making an official dressed appearance time at 5:30-6:00. If some of them want to stay dressed longer it is up to them, but after a half hour their obligation is over.

So, we should all be ready to go by 5:30 too to do this as a group. If we are ready at 5:00, that's fine too. Doesn't hurt for the Rebellion to get a jump start on the Imperials Wink

And people can arrive earlier than 4:30 if they want to play games in street clothes. But we won't be using the offices to dress up until 4:30.

So just chime in with the time frame you all plan to get there. I'm not sure yet if I'd arrive earlier than 4:30, could depend if my husband wants to join me or not. Will know in a few days.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Ciscotiger ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be up there in my Ep. 2 Clone. Cool
ciscotiger@hotmail.com
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

Already ahead of you on that one my fearless leader. Very Happy I've advised Richard about the contact page or he can contact me and I'll refer him to the right contacts for future events.

Thanks Robin. I was able to check in on our event request form situation and I think we got it resolved. But yeah, a more direct way to get the events to me is to have them e-mail me through the endor base web site. Especially for time sensitive stuff because sometimes there can be a lag in the time it takes for the form here to get processed and forwarded to the correct base. Sometimes no lag, just depends. Most of the time the form works.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post edited with contact information for Playland when we arrive.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys get there early, ask Richard to give you an 'unofficial' tour of the place (that means short tour. The original tour takes over an hour from what I remember).

He'll tell you stories and history of Playland-at-the-Beach and Suttra Bath House (spelling??) which were big attractions to the public during the 1920's to 40's in San Francisco, I think. Anyway, it will give you goose bumps and make you feel fuzzy cozy inside at the same time. Plus there's just some really cool artifacts to look at, including original Disney collectible items. Bring your cameras!!

Also, Playland-Not-at-the-Beach is a non-profit organization and Richard has a volunteer work program for displaced/foster care children. It's a fun place that gives back to the community in a very good way.

Richard has just started to explore the Star Wars world, be gentle with him (LOL)...just kidding...he's got a great sense of humor and is very kind. His eyes lit up like a fire cracker when I told him I costume for Star Wars and that I had contacts via the Rebel Legion and 501st.

BTW, when Richard says to play he means PLAY, not work...LOL Laughing Very Happy
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
First post edited with contact information for Playland when we arrive.

I just emailed this update to you, but here it is again from Richard's assistant, Kendra:

Here is the current schedule of the party, just so you know what to expect: (The party is actually 5-9, so we expect some of these times to run long.)

5:00pm-5:30pm: Greet and games

People who arrive on time get rewarded with private time on the games and the opportunity to earn more points for prizes. Carnival games or 30+ pinball machines set on Free Play! (A great time for you to interact with the guests!)

5:30-6:00pm: Treasure Hunt

Guests work in teams to find the hidden objects throughout the building following clues. This exercise is a great ice breaker, it teaches team-building skills, it gets the party off in a comic tone, and it gives participants good exercise and the chance to see all the exhibits. (A great time for you to interact with the guests!)

6:00pm-6:30pm: Food

Of course younger kids will not want to sit and eat when games are just a few steps away. Most groups allow the kids to graze and return to the food as they get hungry. Dessert (cake and ice cream) is usually reserved for later.

6:30pm-7:00pm: More games

4 arcades full of Pinball games! Fascination, Penny Arcades and more carnival games! (A great time for you to interact with the guests!)

7:00pm-7:30pm: Magic Show

Guests are treated to a live show featuring some of Northern California’s most talented magicians. At the end of the show the winners of the Treasure Hunt are announced.

7:30pm-8:00pm: Dessert Time and Prize Time

It’s cake and ice cream time. Guests then count their points and head back to the carnival area to pick out their prizes.

Though this is a private party, I’m sure the party host welcomes your members to come and play games with them including their families. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks!

~Kendra

Kendra Zien

Playland-Not-at-the-Beach

10979 San Pablo Ave., El Cerrito

510.232.4264 ext 30

Last edited by Master Mina (Robin Parker) on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: