Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3a89a24789fb0f01483313db70df42b8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Show off your lightsaber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jauhzmynn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

Wow.

All incredible work. Weather by the person who's using the saber or by a saber smith FOR them.   You guys and girls have inspired me to try and craft my own.Now where is a metel lathe I can use.  :-) However, if I've no access to a lathe, would a dremel do the job?  

Kr0nk ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

Ah Dremel, the prop maker's best friend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

mine isn't posted anywhere right now...

The one I made is pretty unique...and very heavy....I don't usually carry it...it causes curvature of the spine...lol....but I can say that I made one...

so I usually carry a non-working Parks that I bought a long time ago (before they even had a website)....

Rebelhawk (Jason Schreck)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

However, if I've no access to a lathe, would a dremel do the job?  

Well you can always go the old fashioned way and make the saber out of found parts like i did. Granted they may not look as fancy but it can often be done without many if any tools. the only tool i used for mine was a leatherman multi tool.

Master Teras (Rob Gorski)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

I like your Parks saber Schph its very light ,mine is just to heavy and likes to hit me right in the... well you know and I'm going to have to wear it again on Halloween, cause I'm worried my master replica Vader saber will get broke since I have the fixed blade unlike the parks saber.Guess Its time to go shopping for a new lightsaber hilt.... HeHe

-Teras-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jauhzmynn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

Thanks all on the advice about the dremel.  Ok a christmas present for me then.:-D
JediKai ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

Mon-Jas, in a message on Jedi Assembly, showed a wine rack display stand. Found one just like it yesterday....

(the second one down is the only one I didn't make)
Haru Windsong ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

You can find mine under 'Costumes' in 'The Gallery' at my website:  www.caryconder.com

Jauhzmynn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

Youtch!  Time to reposition that saber hilt. ;-)   
Sidewalker (Shawn Trainor)
Outrider Base CO
Outrider Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

The pics are a bit fuzzy but the sabre isn't very detailed anyway.

http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421571937.html

Alli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

http://webpages.charter.net/dawn_catcher/jedi/

There's my baby Smile

I got it 2001 at my very first Dragon Con from Creative Force before they closed...The style is called Raptor. Its my precious!

Doright ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

I got a new one from RLSA sabers.

It's a nice one.

ardavenport (Anne Davenport)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

I finally put my lightsaber back together. The base of it is actually a Hyland Research 3-cell flash handle that I got at a garage sale ages ago for $5. Since it looked cool all by itself and I never wanted to make Darth Vader's lightsaber anyway, I'd only added the minimum, a handgrip and a ring to hang it with.

But a little tour of the web shows that Jedi standards are a little more demanding these days. So, with a lot of help from cool web sites like the Yellow Box, Luuke Sabers and Project Graflex, I dressed it up a little bit.

I'm sure the resolution's a little low, but this is sort of a test for me, and I didn't want to fill up my free web space with this first picture...

....darn, the picture's not working in this post; at least not on my browser. Does it show up for anyone else? If I paste the link in my browser, it's there; so why doesn't it show up in the post?

donsolo ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

didn't work in that post... but I took some stuff out of the url and saw this:

great work!
ardavenport (Anne Davenport)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Show off your lightsaber Reply with quote

Yep, that's it! Thanks much for digging out the right link to the picture. I was using my ISP's quickie site builder and after posting I viewed the source of the web page I'd used and it was loaded with Java script. Well, that just doesn't work.

It's a nice lightsaber, a little rough in places, but that's just 'cause it's been used.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: