Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27356137988c5f6718da5a84906deb4eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Slave Leia Costume Question
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Slave Leia Costume Question Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone has purchased this costume from Three Muses Inspired Clothing? Wondering about the quality. I think it would need some modifications.
http://www.threemusesclothing.com/servlet/the-147/metal-bikini%2C-leia%27s-metal/Detail

Last edited by RebelSenator () on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Daritha (Christian)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself can tell that with the Three Muses bikini are definitely some modifications to be made. Many parts seem ok, but I think the bustier needs to be completely make again. But I could be wrong. I'm just judging from personal experience and comparison to an original Slave Leia picture from the Internet.
From the experience of others, your are best off with the bikinis from leiasmetalbikini.com. Although, they cost more than this one.

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I'm trying to decide. Since this doesn't offer boot tops, it's actually about the same price as Jamin's metal bikini.
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With as much as needs to be done to make this accurate, I wouldn't bother. If you don't want to build it from scratch, I'd go with Jamin's kit. I haven't seen a better kit being offered.
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with Jamin's kit. It's a LOT better looking than the 3 muses one!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Smile. I've made the top twice out of wire and sculpey and its broken at some point each time. I've decided handmade may not be best made for this one! I'll look into Jamin's kit.
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would deffintly go withthe Jamin Kit..... especially he has jsut come out with a 2.0 version of it....

the three muses would need some major alterations ... but the jamin kit is really good.... i woudl go wit hthat.....

also keep your ear out for the Museam Replica version... I was tlakign to one of the owners at CV ... and Dragon Con.....and they are in the process of making a metal , and fully accurate version of the costume as well....

but well it is metal... and it might be a few years before they get it done ..

so Jamin deffintly .... my wife has one ... .she did the color scheme in silver parts and black fabrics.... and she loves it ....
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen and heard of Museum Replicas, I wouldn't put too much confidence in their reproductions. Also, if the bikini truly is going to be metal, I don't think anyone would really want to wear it...it would dig in and be very uncomfortable. The real bikinis were not actually metal, just meant to look like metal.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, for the price of the Three Muses costume I would say do not bother. That is too expensive for something that is not so accurate. Get a Jamin kit! Smile

As for Museum Replicas, their stuff is hit and miss so the jury is out until we see what they make. There are some things they did a great job on and are better than what the average fan would make.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princess Sandy ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Get Jamin's kit DEFINITELY. I have his costume and i love it Cool
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that you ladies like Jamin's kit. I've heard really positive things about the quality and workmanship. My only reservation I have is how it will fit since I can't try it on. The pics of his 2.0 version look really nice and I'm leaning towards it.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelSenator wrote:
I'm glad to hear that you ladies like Jamin's kit. I've heard really positive things about the quality and workmanship. My only reservation I have is how it will fit since I can't try it on. The pics of his 2.0 version look really nice and I'm leaning towards it.

Hum, I wonder if you contact Jamin and worst case scenario the bikini top is too large or small, he may let you exchange it. It is worth asking him his policy on that before you order if you are unsure about one size over another.

I used to think his older small bra looked narrow framed... I don't know if that has changed (I see he offers 34B, and then jumps to D). I could see it maybe being a problem if someone is more of a 36B which means they are wider in the rib cage, and closer to a 34C in cup size but the spacing of the cups on a 36B and 34C is different. (Sorry, used to manage a lingerie store, know too much about this stuff).

Otherwise, keep in mind all the plastic is shaped by heating it with a hair dryer and curving it to fit your body after you get it.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in regards to fit.....

it is measured by cup size... the nice thing is that , even though it is a hard plastic resin. You can easily shape it to fit you betterthogh the use of a heat gun or hair drier...

also initiall my wife grabbed a larger bottom section, but when it came in we realized that it was too big so she was able to exchange it for the correct size...

good luck . hope it ges well...
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the problem - cup size. A "B" is not a "B" across the board Wink Cup sizes are not cookie cutters. I used to have to demonstrate this to employees and customers by taking the extreme example of a 32A and putting it next to a 36A and point out that 1) 36A cup is actually closer in size to a 32C cup (the cups scale upward). 2) the spacing is different. narrower spacing on the smaller rib cage sizes than on the larger rib cage sizes

So, since Jamin offers 34B, and what he calls "D & DD" (no band size associated with those). But let's say, if his D is modeled after a 34D, that is like a 36C to be honest - the way bra sizes work.

Smile

I say just ask Jamin what his exchange policy is if you need a different size. I think he'll work with ya. I think I've heard of people needing to exchange things in the past.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As somone with a 34AA (aka 1/2 an A cup) I had no choice but to go to B. You can always fill those cups out with foam bra inserts - which is what I had to do. I cut mine to shape and glued them in. They've been great for the past 2 years Smile I had to laugh when a close guy friend realized I was faking my bikini top all this time. He was joking that he can never trust any woman ever again with her body shape LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: