Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d3e4bae117b7ed9b005c62e4b96772fdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Jedi with Yoda inspiration & Episode IV Obi-One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argon52 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Generic Jedi with Yoda inspiration & Episode IV Obi-One Reply with quote

I am completely new at this and at the very start of my research. I'm probably going to find a local artist to do the work of the costume creation, and I have no idea how to start, but I'd love to dream here, and slowly get things moving forward.

I am a United Methodist pastor and so I've been wearing robes for over 10 years now, and I love robes that are the simpler the better. Hence the reason I love the robes of Yoda and Older Obi-One since they have a the feel of a monastic hermit. My current favorite robes for work are benedictine monastic robes that look like this:

I've seen a few images of Yoda's Costume that look very simplistic and amazing:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dgsflickr/37431799416/in/dateposted-public/

And I love the cloth on Yoda's outer robe and on Obi-One's inner tunic and outer tunic:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dgsflickr/37431812436/in/dateposted-public/

I'm assuming it is the cotton gauze?

OK, so where do I start to eventually work my way up to Generic Jedi costume approval, but in the style of Episode IV Yoda, because I absolutely love the simplicity of his outfit @ Dagobah.

I looked for Yoda, but I couldn't find any suggestions, etc...

Thank you all so much in advance! I can't wait to be a part of the legion and making the world a better place. Plus, I can't wait to be able to officiate weddings, too! Smile Thanks yall again!

D.G.
jcrab3t ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Generic Jedi standard requires an inner tunic (or false tunic), outer tunic, and tabards. While Yoda's outfit does not have tabards, this will be required for Generic Jedi.

Also, I really like your work robe. That's a really cool design! It wouldn't be approved for the Rebel Legion (unfortunately), but it looks nice.

Just read the standards (Google search: Rebel Legion Generic Jedi) and let us know if you have any specific questions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you jcrab3t!

Is that the reason that I can’t find anything Yoda for a adult human on the forums? So, what about the Episode IV Obi-One outfit. Is that what you’ve described or would that require face make-up, correct saber, etc...?

I wouldn’t even want to try to think of Yoda makeup. Ha ha ha ha

D.G.
jcrab3t ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face characters would need to be very specific to the standards given. So, everything would have to be exact (tunic style, belt, saber, etc.). You could do a long tunic for a Generic Jedi though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: