Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4914bcfc9bf08d61cf0e38c6c2bc387bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question about Kashyyyk Leia (Heir to the Empire era)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Question about Kashyyyk Leia (Heir to the Empire era) Reply with quote

There's a Leia costume that I thought looked very interesting. I first saw it in this piece of art here:

And here's a photo that is zoomed in specifically on Leia:

This costume appears in the Heir to the Empire Era, in which Leia is staying on Kashyyyk with a few wookiees (including Chewbacca) and they end up battling during the night against Admiral Thrawn's men.

I did some more research on this costume, and it is seen again in the Heir to the Empire Comic series. But then I realized, that in the comic, Leia was wearing tighty-whitey style underwear (except colored in blue instead of white) Shocked I was definitely not expecting her to only be wearing underwear..

So here's my question, it basically concerns accuracy vs. decency. If I were to make this costume, should I use shorts instead of underwear? That is what I would prefer to do for decency reasons..but if I must go the more accurate route and use underwear, than that is ok too.

There are a few costumes that are on the more revealing side that are legion approved costumes, like Slave Leia and Oola, and I really like this costume a lot. But like I said, I totally understand if shorts would be preferred instead Smile

I believe that Leia was wearing her underwear because they were ambushed during the night.

Another interesting element of the costume is her hair tie (seen in the first image that I posted) which looks like a thick black band and covered with a zig zag design (perhaps this is the same suede lace that the ewoks put in Leia's hair while she wore her ewok dress?)

Here were some ore pictures I found in my copy of the comic:

In this image, we can see Leia using her blue saber

This picture with Chewie holding her must have inspired the art piece Smile

I'm so sorry if this question is stupid..I just want to know what our policy is on a costume that is portrayed with undies lol.
Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year 2013
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a stupid question, but seeing as one of our goals is to make costumes as accurate as possible, going for what is depicted is the route that can be approved by rebel legion rules. It may not be usable for all events (just as Slave Leia isn't), but you can always wear it to conventions and the like. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora is right on this one. We do go for accuracy here, and it that really does look like blue underwear (or we could call it a blue bikini bottom to feel better about ourselves Razz). However, not all costumes are okay for all events. I would say that that one, along with Oola and Slave Leia and other costumes that show lots of skin, should probably stay away from family events with lots of little kids. However, there's no reason you can't make it and wear it to conventions or events where kids are unlikely to be present.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time I've seen this art. You could wear nude dance tights under the bikini bottoms.
Nomad Angie (Angie Rivera)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Raychel said. Maybe attach the "panties" to nude colored dance tights. Make sure you get the footless ones.

I just saw an image of Leia with a smuggler-type outfit, and she's dueling with another Hutt. I think it's from a book but I'm not really sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: