Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4626f838426352ecdca0bf7371449d62Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CANCELLED: Kidsfaire, Pleasanton, CA, 9/24 & 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)

(0)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
JedHeadWed May 18, 2011 11:14 pm
Master MinaFri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 pm
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: CANCELLED: Kidsfaire, Pleasanton, CA, 9/24 & 25 Reply with quote

Event Name: 11th Annual Kidsfaire
Venue: Alameda County Fairgrounds
Venue address: 4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton, CA
Event Dates: Saturday and Sunday, September 24th and 25th, 2011
Event Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Event Website: http://www.thekidsfaire.com
Expected number of attendees: 62,000
Requested number of characters: At least 2 each day
Requested character types: All RL costumes welcome
Secure changing/staging area: Yes

Comments: The annual Kidsfaire takes place on Sept. 24th-25th at the Alameda County Fairgrounds from 10-5, featuring world class entertainment and attractions for kids and families. Kidsfaire is proud to support the Children's Crisis Center, California Head Start and the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Referred by: Golden Gate Garrison has attended in previous years.

Please specify which day(s) you are signing up for.

RSVP Date: September 17th, 2011

DUAL EVENT WITH 501st

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attending this event all depends on how my school schedule goes. Most likely I won't be able to make this happen, but...but...but...if I can stay on top of my homework there might be a slim chance of working this event.
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll be knee deep studying for mid-terms and putting together my first short film. So I most likely won't be able to attend this event. I'll stay tentative for now in case things change with my schedule. Sounds like a fun too.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Kidsfair has been canceled. Here is the notice:

Quote:
I’m really sorry, but we have had to postpone Kidsfaire this year until 2012. As a beneficiary event, we lost our major sponsor that was the underwriter for the event and allowed the event to take place. Unfortunately that loss resulted in us not having the necessary funding to coordinate Kidsfaire this year. This will be our very first time in the past 10 years that we have not produced Kidsfaire and it’s a terrible loss for us and all the families that look forward to Kidsfaire each year.

However, we have already been working to secure other supporters for 2012 and have a tentative date scheduled and hope to have more news by the end of this year. Again, I’m terribly sorry that you worked so hard to secure your volunteers – the 501st Legion has always been a terrific attraction at Kidsfaire and we’ve always appreciated your continued support.

I hope you understand our situation, unfortunately the current economic times have not only impacted families but also some of our large corporate donors that we have relied on to produce the event and gain funding for our charity partners. We hope that you will consider joining us in 2012 and will keep you notified once we secure a date. Please share my apologies with your volunteers that were kind enough to agree to donate their valuable time to meet with the kids at Kidsfaire this year.
[/quote]

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: