Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e69362f32451729676e6a2822e3d3d6fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

So It Begins (Senate Guard 'Plumed' Helmet)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realmdemagic (George Johnson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome! I've brainstormed on this for years and gave up because nothing looked good. You sir are a hero to all the senate guards out there! Smile
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks George.

I have really struggled with this over the past year but cannot wait to see what it's like once it is finally completed.

I can understand why the vast bulk of the Senate Guards across the world (TBH I can't think of anyone else that has the real horse hair) use artificial means to do the plumes as their climates (ie:- USA, Spain, Italy, etc,etc) would destroy the hair in a matter of months so for once I am actually quite glad of the usually crap weather we get in the UK.

I hope this WIP has giving all you guys some ideas and made you want to do these plumes. Like I said it has been a struggle at times but I reckon the end result will be worth it.

Hopefully not long 'til I get the painted lid back. Very Happy
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, pics, pics, pics!!! I keep going back over your build thread at least several times a week for inspiration for my own project . Your helmet will prove to be the benchmark by which all others are measured. Thank you for your efforts and for your attention to detail. Great stuff!
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy Solo wrote:
Yes, pics, pics, pics!!! I keep going back over your build thread at least several times a week for inspiration for my own project . Your helmet will prove to be the benchmark by which all others are measured. Thank you for your efforts and for your attention to detail. Great stuff!

Thank you so very much for your kind words and I hope the finished article gives other the incentive to go for this helmet with those damn double plumes. Rest assured I will be posting loads of pics as soon as I get the lid back from my mate Jason (time for a phone call methinks!).

As a little green dude once said:- "Patience is a virtue". OK so Yoda didn't quite say it like that but my patience has been sorely tested several times during this project but I hope the end result meets everyone's expectations and does inspire some others to join the ranks of the blue! Very Happy
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, Daddy and all of you who have been with me through this build I go to pick up the helmet tomorrow night!

Fan-frackin'-tastic! pompom
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well! Here it is at last.

My mate Jason kindly handed over the painted Senate Guard helmet to a very happy bunny in the shape of moi! Very Happy

I couldn't wait to get home to have a damn good look at it and get those plumes in their slots at last. The pictures that follow are just to show what the lid looks like without any major preparation of the plumes themselves (they have basically just been stuck in their respective slots). Got a teeny bit of work to do to the plumes in preparation of getting the clearance pictures in.

They need a damn good brush as the hairspray that was applied all those weeks/months ago has gone all powdery but that won't take too long to get sorted. Just need to give them their final 'angled' appearance and many thanks to Glen's missus Mary who suggested that hair straighteners would do the trick and she very kindly loaned me two pairs of the hair doodads! Smile

So! Will be working on the 'hairy' one tomorrow and over the weekend and I hope to have it ready to have the main pictures taken by this Sunday if all goes well. Like I said the plumes are just bunged in there temporarily and just to give an impression as to what this lid will finally look like in a couple of days!.

Just that final teensy-weensy step to take and this lid will at last be completed.

My heartfelt thanks to Jason for once again doing a stunning paint job on what is now my pride and joy. And thanks again to Mary for those hair thingies.

This is going to look freakin' awesome when finally joined up with the fabulous Senate Guard costume that Fran Parson over on the UKG forums made for me.

Last edited by TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton) on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

replied on RPF as well - Shocked
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy Solo wrote:
replied on RPF as well - Shocked

Cheers mate.

I went a bit mad with the picture posting and went onto just about every site I am a member of! Embarassed
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's what I'm talking about! Awesome!!!!
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a slight hair malfunction! Mad

The plumes have been up in my loft for the better part of 2mths and the hairspray had dried all crusty and no matter what I do with brushes and so forth they look awful so I just washed them again and at this time they are laid flat, and drying out in the garden (might as well make the most of this god weather). They will take about 2 days to dry completely.

A wee bit of a bummer but the delay will allow me to get some other bits 'n' bobs done with the helmet and I want to practise a bit on the broken plumes (the 'ol mk.I's) I have to get the hang of shaping the hair with those straighteners. Shocked

I am on track to complete this lid so it's not much of a delay - more of an inconvenience but the completed/clearance pics will be taken real soon and you guys will be amongst they first to see it and comment.

Watch this space. Very Happy
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Away!

Just sent off the pictures for what I hope will clear my Ep.I Senate Guard for trooping with the UKG after what has felt like an eternity.

Just a quick look at what I have posted off for clearance so I hope you guys like them. And at last that amazing costume Fran made for me has reached it's full potential as there is nothing like it anywhere!

Fingers are crossed here:-

Just have to wait now!
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!! So glad to see the finished product with an actual human inside! Great job Smile

Costumer of the Year - 2010
Current Build Thread: Jyn Erso: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79953
rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia wrote:
Awesome!!! So glad to see the finished product with an actual human inside! Great job Smile

Many thanks for your kind comment Vera! I just have to get rid of the smell of that hairspray (really pongs when first applied) as I was getting stoned on the fumes. Laughing

And yes I have on occasion been classed as human! Laughing

But glad I have finally finished this after taking so long! Very Happy
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submission Pictures:- "Take 2"

Just a wee sample of the second set of clearance pictures I have submitted with the fabric gloves, tucked under the tunic sleeves so here's hoping! Thumbs up

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Iain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: