Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=26b8b846c003483747405b63939e1933Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin AOTC MR Lightsaber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpath23 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Anakin AOTC MR Lightsaber Reply with quote

Just found an Anakin AOTC MR lightsaber for an unbeatable price. Should I grab it? At some point, I'd want to convert it to be removable blade, because I definitely love the look of a belt hanger, but all I have right now is a hand made belt hanger. Opinions? Anyone try this conversion before? I've found a solid tutorial, but just want to know how difficult it is.
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find. But, it may not be easy to convert because I know ultra sabers will not convert them because they are to old. However, you may find a place that can convert it for you.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't they make a detachable version now?

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the AotC version... Currently available: the Kit Fisto, Maul single, Obi TPM, Luke ANH/ESB, Vader ESB & Anakin RotS

If the one Warpath discovered is the one I'm thinking (the very 1st MR saber), it will be next to impossible to convert due to the way this one's innards are constructed (i.e. non-removeable battery pack).

That one and (for some unknown reason) the original MR Luke ESB were never offered as conversion options from Ultrasabers or TCSS. To my best of knowledge, the removeable Hasbro blade sabers are not convertable either...

Warpath- if you have your heart set on an AotC, consider converting a Vader ESB version and replacing the Vader shroud w/ a polished aluminum one... Ultrasabers used to make one, I'm not sure if anyone does now...
RAID XO & CO 2012-2013

"Flattery will get you nowhere, but {for the sake of my fragile ego} please don't stop trying..."
Warpath23 ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no detachable version as far as I know. And I am quite sure that I did find the first MR saber, but not sure if it's the 1st version, or the 2nd version which came out very shortly after to address some of the mistakes from the first, as I've found out today. In any case, I grabbed it. At the price it was, it was impossible for me to say no. I've found some tutorials around, and looks like there's two ways to do it. Update the guts with a 2005 Mace Windu I believe (which would be a task in finding itself) or just strips the guts and remake it. I'm going to keep searching around for tutorials, and we'll see what happens. I have a few friends who are quite good with electronics and love messing with this kinda stuff, so we'll wait and see. If worse comes to worse, I'll turn it into a decoration.
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ultra Saber Prophecy version looks very much like that of the AOTC Anakin but not as decorative. That is if you just want a hilt.
Tiberius (David Palmer)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who has taken one of these apart, its not that hard to simply remove the blade or go back and put it in, but its not as easy as say taking a removable blade off of an Ultrasabers blade.
Jal Skywalker ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Conversions Reply with quote

Just to put an update in the thread...all MR Sabers can be converted.

Care should be taken and someone with working knowledge of Saber-building should be involved...but they can all be converted.

Some are easy, such as the 2005 Vaders and the Lukes.

Some are difficult, as mentioned above. But "converted" can mean a great many things. Using the existing board / speaker / battery set up vs. a "full conversion" (adding new sound card, chassis, speaker and LED setup).

In my humble, "saber-smith" opinion, One is better off getting an aftermarket with simple electronics / LED / Blade install from a cost perspective.

Hope that helps...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: