Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=da8240e526b967ec600e3fed7b88ce04Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Willrow Hood: a.k.a. "The Ice Cream Maker Guy"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Classic Star Wars costumes, ep 1-6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the info.

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beyond awesome Smile
I heard about the C6 Willrow gathering, but glad to see it a "thing" here. Screen-accurate ice cream makers..... Hahahaha

Once I get my X-wing going, I'll have to find a maker and do this too Smile
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just submitted m Willrow. Hope to be joining your ranks soon!

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draeden Wren wrote:
I've just submitted m Willrow. Hope to be joining your ranks soon!
Good luck Donald.... keep running! Glad you got the icm in the end.

RL Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion Elstree Base UK, Founder - 2005, Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Willrow Hood union? Reply with quote

I remember seeing some chatter somewhere in these forums about a possible Willrow Hood Detaachment and haven't heard of anything like that happening. I did read in the UCGR charter about creating a Union that fell under this detachment: is anyone else interested in possibly making this happen?

Btw - my Willrow was approved. Smile

Welfenrebel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Willrow Hood union? Reply with quote

Draeden Wren wrote:
I remember seeing some chatter somewhere in these forums about a possible Willrow Hood Detaachment and haven't heard of anything like that happening. I did read in the UCGR charter about creating a Union that fell under this detachment: is anyone else interested in possibly making this happen?

there is a Detachment already:

www.willrowhood.com
bobojuice ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Willrow Hood union? Reply with quote

Welfenrebel wrote:
Draeden Wren wrote:

there is a Detachment already:

www.willrowhood.com

Just want to throw out there that the Willrow Hood Detachment is very unofficial and purely for fun.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe any of those are OK for approval.

Now, if you want to be accurate - None of those have the correct top.

An example of the correct top is
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Electric-Ice-Cream-Maker-DOLLY-MADISON-4-Quart-with-the-original-box-/201278919040?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edd289180

The above auction is a 4 quart short bucket ICM. Not bad, but not the best.

Like others have said - the 6 quart is taller, but is nearly impossible to find.

There is also a 4 quart TALL bucket, with the same top that IMO is the the next best thing to the 6 quart.

another 4 qt short:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1987-USA-Made-DOLLY-MADISON-No-8400-RIVAL-4-Qt-ELECTRIC-ICE-CREAM-MAKER-/171690220990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f988ddbe

another
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1960s-Porter-Pacer-DOLLY-MADISON-Electric-Freezer-4-qt-Ice-Cream-Maker-/231464594540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e45d6c6c
(price seems a little steep there)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1960s-Porter-Pacer-DOLLY-MADISON-Electric-Freezer-4-qt-Ice-Cream-Maker-/231464594540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e45d6c6c

THIS ONE IS CHEAP!!!

Draeden Wren wrote:
Just t clarify are all of those acceptable to make my Willrow formal?

TrooperPX wrote:
The tops are very rounded, and most of the modern ones' buckets are oval.

Here are some Rival ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rival-4qt-electric-ice-cream-maker-model-8401-blue-/191439854778?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item2c92b45cba

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIVAL-Yogurt-and-Ice-Cream-Maker-Model-8401-1-/221634089101?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item339a6bd08d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-quart-Rival-Ice-Cream-Maker-/281552471528?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item418dd5c5e8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rival-Electric-Ice-Cream-Yogurt-Maker-freezer-Model-8401-4-Quart-/171605565644?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item27f47d20cc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rival-4-Quart-Qt-Yogurt-Ice-Cream-Freezer-Maker-1-Gallon-Model-8401-Manual-/191444431217?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item2c92fa3171
tk5144 (derek)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My collection of ICMs. Left to Right - thats the 6 quart, 4 quart tall, and 4 quart short.
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING INFO!!

Based on the screen captures of the video, we all though is boots were the same height as X-Wing Pilot boots!!

Not sure if it's a CRL-breaker... He just had his updated in the Fall, so we can add this for future consideration.

...or argue since this is a behind-the-scenes (our cut scene) pics, he hadn't tucked his pants into his boots yet, or they've fallen down some from multiple takes. Yep, that's it. That's what we'll run with for now. Wink

501st: ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ
Rebel: RT, RS, JD, WH, RP, JD, RT, CL, RT, RS, RT, WH, JD, RT, RT
Apollo Base - Columbus, Ohio
OBI SHENN GON (Jesus Israel Higuera Parral)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello help me willrow hood mexican base thanks

greetings advantage to greet friends as well have some doubts about the ice cream machine using this suit. here in Mexico is difficult to get some things for costumes and this machine is no exception so looking manages to find this that just buy one that is not exactly like the picture to enlist the suit.

all started on Sunday we do a collection for red cross I wore my suit xwings pilot and after the event a friend from 501 to joke comenso take pictures as the ice cream maker guy using his helmet as a container and then Sandtrooper Here the pictures to see the result of this joke and then decided to develop the suit just missing the ice cream machine
[img]
[/img]

[img][/img]

I wish that I could provide information to update or adapt this machine. as shown in the images is uan machine capacity 6/4 includes his bucket, container and aluminum motor .. check other post capacity that is requested and recommended to 6/4 but is difficult to achieve and that more available is that of 4/4. My question is mainly the following I peudo adapt the engine to a container but according to what they request to register the suit. white paint container as the buy is not cylindrical and ovoid is rather long looks much longer than the vessel's Suit ,, s APPROVED've seen several types and brands of ice cream machines lso APPROVED costumes, is not the same and vary in parts and details but this machine you buy the acquired precisely to adapt as the case and if the suit APRA not work because then I will have to make and sell ice cream to recover the investment jajajaj

[img]
[/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

TDE-197 DATHOMIR TEMPLE LIDER SPIRE
pandatrooper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there "formal" requirements for Willrow Hood? I can't find them anywhere in the costume requirements.

Thanks!
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandatrooper wrote:
Are there "formal" requirements for Willrow Hood? I can't find them anywhere in the costume requirements.

Thanks!

http://www.rebellegion.com/willrow-hood-ice-cream-maker-guy/

TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good priced ICM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252446201306

501st: ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ
Rebel: RT, RS, JD, WH, RP, JD, RT, CL, RT, RS, RT, WH, JD, RT, RT
Apollo Base - Columbus, Ohio
seigfreid_striker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would something like this be approvable?
https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-68330N-Automatic-Ice-Cream/dp/B0009A0N4E/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=ice+cream+machine&qid=1555898903&s=gateway&sr=8-15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Classic Star Wars costumes, ep 1-6 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: