Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b1569eadbf5e1d1a7bd8747d450c1d53Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome and introductions :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knock ()
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lucy Smile Welcome Smile

If you are going fabric shopping anytime soon I can email/forward a spotlight voucher (spend $100 get $40 off) so really only spending $60. I think it ends around the 6th dec. Just send me a PM if interest Smile
Wil (William Mair)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I finally got round to joining the forum, and hopefully, I can join the Legion too.
I'm from Auckland, born and bred, sorry, and I got into SW costuming last year when I wanted to go to the midnight screening of Force Awakens as a Jedi.
I searched the internet and mostly came up with budget looking fancy dress stuff that looked a bit naff. Then I stumbled onto a tutorial on this forum for making robes. Luckily I work at an upholstery company so one of the ladies was able to sewn up my costume in her spare time. I've since started to teach myself to use a sewing machine and have made a few minor alterations.
I even built my own custom lightsaber with parts from The Custom Saber Shop in the US, including a string LED blade that took me ages to make!!
Super happy with the results though.
Am keen to apply to be a full member (if anyone can help me with that) as it'll be cool to get together with others in costume.
I got to pose with some of your members at Armageddon (Akld) this year as well as Kylo Ren, Chewie and Leia at last years FW screening at Slyvia Park, so hopefully someone might remember me.

I haven't worked out how to post pics here (need help there too sorry) but I'm keen for others here to see my costume and perhaps make suggestions on improvements. I'll try and post one here so hopefully it works.

Anyway, I'm just happy to be on the forum
[img][/img]
Wil (William Mair)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ...... I'm guessing this isn't the forum I'm looking for?
My mistake for thinking the Rebel Legion were "the good guys"
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wil, you'll find due to the nature of the forums being very old school and not terribly easy to navigate (there is a massive effort to get this done professionally it's taking time to ornaginse) that any reply can get lost in the system. It certainly happened to me as I spend most time in the command section.

But you have reminded me that there needs to be a dedicated thread for people new to the Legion. I thought I had done so for this forum.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76949
Is the global where to start thread.

Generally speaking the best place to post about costumes are in the global costume threads. It is where the legion judges spend their time, and local boards are for local resources.
Judging does not happen locally and only judges can really give an answer as to what is for approval.

No matter how well intentioned recommanedations outside of the judging process can lead potential members astray.

Armourer, sculptor, seamstress, tailor.
Belandrie Meave ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... hi, I'm Rose from Hamilton, and I just got my costume approved this morning so I figured I'd come by and introduce myself.
Rebel Kiwi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rose,

What is your costume? Welcome to the Legion. What troops have you got lined up to attend in the near future?
Belandrie Meave ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a generic Jedi costume - cloak's a bit odd-looking, but nice, and the judges passed it.
I don't know where to find out what troops are coming up in the near future! (It's not near yet, but I'm definitely planning on going to Armageddon in Auckland this year.)
Ember ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rose, welcome to the Rebel Legion!

Generic Jedi is a great way to start out, I've made plenty of Jedi outfits if you'd like any help with your cloak, but I'm sure it looks wonderful.

With Armageddon, Battlefront 2 and Episode 8 all happening later this year, I am certain there will be plenty of trooping opportunities. Information should be posted in this part of the forum.
Knock ()
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rose

Congratulations on getting your costume approved Smile
Looking forward to trooping with you.
If your on FB follow the naboo rebel legion page, as it also gives us a heads up to check forums for an upcoming troop Smile

Cheers Erin Smile
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rose.

All upcoming troops are listed at the top of this very forum section, to get to the this post you'll have scrolled past a few Smile. There is even a post on how to get in contact if you have information about a potential troop.

I'm currently battling a brutal chest infection so am having to rely on members to be a bit proactive- maybe a good reminder to all members to get those events to our email account or no my inbox Smile

B-Man (Glen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum after attending my first ever Armageddon in Auckland. Not only was it my first Armageddon, but also the first time I've cosplayed. I went as Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly (but without the browncoat).

I was blown away by the costumes I saw there (the Star Wars ones in particular) and spoke to a bloke from the 501st Legion. After getting home, I looked online to find the costume standards of both the 501st and Rebel Legions and see what costume I could do.

Since I already have a pair of nearly new red overalls, I've decided to go with a B-Wing pilot. I've downloaded as many reference photos as I can find and will soon begin building the helmet and chest box.

Any guidance from anyone would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Glen.
Ember ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi B-Man!

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoyed your first time in costume at Armageddon.

While I personally don't have a pilot costume, there are lots of resources around to help you with your build.
Legion standards: http://newsite.rebellegion.com/b-wing-pilot-episode-vi/
The B-Wing subforum should also prove to be a treasure trove of information
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=631

How do you plan to build your helmet and chest box? There may be some people selling kits which you can put together.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like!

B-Man wrote:
Hi all,

I've just joined the forum after attending my first ever Armageddon in Auckland. Not only was it my first Armageddon, but also the first time I've cosplayed. I went as Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly (but without the browncoat).

I was blown away by the costumes I saw there (the Star Wars ones in particular) and spoke to a bloke from the 501st Legion. After getting home, I looked online to find the costume standards of both the 501st and Rebel Legions and see what costume I could do.

Since I already have a pair of nearly new red overalls, I've decided to go with a B-Wing pilot. I've downloaded as many reference photos as I can find and will soon begin building the helmet and chest box.

Any guidance from anyone would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Glen.

Generic Jedi
Rey
B-Man (Glen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember wrote:
Hi B-Man!

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoyed your first time in costume at Armageddon.

While I personally don't have a pilot costume, there are lots of resources around to help you with your build.
Legion standards: http://newsite.rebellegion.com/b-wing-pilot-episode-vi/
The B-Wing subforum should also prove to be a treasure trove of information
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=631

How do you plan to build your helmet and chest box? There may be some people selling kits which you can put together.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like!

Hi Ember,

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, I did indeed enjoy Armageddon.

Yes, I've already seen those links and found heaps of info in them, but sadly, many of the images are unable to be seen due the the dreaded 'photobucket'.

I had considered building it all with EVA foam, but I'm not sure it'll look good enough… although some EVA builders can do some pretty good work. However, under 'Required Items' at the Legion Standards page, for the chest box it says "An accurately-sized and shaped chestbox made of a hard material and is 9” by 9” from the highest point to the lowest point and side to side.", so I'm thinking I'll have to make it with a hard plastic instead of foam.

Therefore, I'll most likely sculpt the helmet and chest box somehow (no experience with sculpting but like learning new things) and then vacuum form the parts if I can. I know someone here in Whangarei that has a home built vacuum forming machine and hopefully I can do it there. I've seen that member "Blue Banshee Leader" sells kits for US$200 but with shipping, it'd be too expensive for me currently.

I'll start a W.I.P. thread soon and hopefully get feedback on things there.

Cheers,

Glen.
AnakinLives ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Hello from Nelson! Reply with quote

Hi, I've just joined, live in Nelson.

I've loved Star Wars since I was a kid and also LOVE dressing up in costume but haven't had much of an outlet for many years now while other life stuff has taken over! Since I work as a ranger and am out in the wilderness a lot I don't spend much time on the internet, so I've only just discovered groups like the Rebel Legion and the 501st, so I'm stoked Smile

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to putting together my costume, I'm a big Anakin fan so I'm going to have a crack at that first, I'm female so it might not work out in which case I'll try a different one... the more costumes the merrier!

Looking forward to getting involved Smile

Cheers! cw ani
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kia ora Smile Take a gander at whatbnother members have done as Anakin and you will definitely not feel so alone Smile

The search function is a little difficult to use as it highlights every forum first, so check you are looking in the Jedi section and look for anakin.

In the meantime, we have an events thread, I recommend subscribing to that again for ease, and I'm in the process of having some specific subforums here for a bit of chit chat and costume builds created by the web team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: