Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5fe77da584270e13a8d265112cf4c886Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Tython 2013 planning calendar.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 2207
Location: Sydney Saber Arena
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Tython 2013 planning calendar. Reply with quote

NSW Troop Planning Calendar 2013
January
- 13th Sunday SSA BBQ Swiv's house - Chewie, Fyr, Dashy, DaveJ, Obickay
- 19th Saturday Melissa and Steve's Wedding - AdamS
- 20th Sunday X-wing tournament Kessel Run preview - imperial_Brick

February

March
- 2nd Saturday KidsFlix Shellharbour: Greater Union Cinema - Obickay
- 6th Hills Relay for Life (imperial_brick & SCG)
- 23rd Saturday KidsFlix Miranda: Greater Union Cinema Foxtom, Shay Kenobi, Ahsoka, Fyr, Chewie, with honoured guests Amidala and Anakin.

April
- 20-21st Weekend Ironfest Lithgow Fyr, Chewie, Ahsoka, Foxtom, Darthbarry Dr. Donna (SSA)
- 27th Saturday. William's Walk Bondi-Bronte. Fyr, Foxtom, Sparky (SSA)
- 28th Sunday. William's Walk Penrith.

May
- 4th Saturday KidsFlix Erina/Gosford: Hoyts
- 4th Saturday Free Comic Book Day Blacktown City Library
- 4th Saturday Free Comic Book Day Kinokuniya Fyr, Chewie, Foxtom, Darthbarry, Red9
- 4-5th Weekend Dreamworld Queensland
- 11th (or 18th) Rebel Legion Photo Day Fyr, Chewie, Ahsoka, Foxtom, Darthbarry, Red9
- Starlight Day EB Games (unconfirmed)

June
- 21-23 Weekend Supanova Sydney Homebush Bay
- 29-30 Saturday-Sunday Winterfest Parramatta

July
- 20th Saturday KidsFlix Entertainment Quarter Max, Fyr, 2xGA
-22nd to 26th week Bear Cottage Hero Week

August
- 6th Tuesday Look to the Future Sydney Convention Center
- 17th Saturday KidsFlix Ballina: Ballina Fair Cinema
- Heroes and Villains Penrith (unconfirmed)

September
- 14th Saturday Kidsflix Orange: Odeon 4 / Bathurst: Metro /
Dubbo: Reading Cinemas

- 15th Sunday Peter's 6th Birthday Party
- 21st Saturday Gametrader's Penrith
- Episode II 3D

October
- 4-6th Weekend EB Games Homebush Bay
- 12th Saturday Randwick Children's Hospital
- 26th Saturday KidsFlix Castle Hill: Event Cinema
- Episode III 3D

November
- 2nd Saturday Kidsflix Penrith: Hoyts
- 9th Saturday Pamak Hobbies (Model Trains) Open Day Bargo
- 23rd Saturday Kidsflix Charlestown: Hoyts

December
- 7th Saturday KidsFlix Warringah Mall: Hoyts / Brookvale: Hoyts
- 15th Sunday Vaderfest
- DNight TZoo (Adam S)(unconfirmed)

Charity currently collecting for;


=======================================
Hi all,

I have been looking through the troop reports and I have had difficulty finding some of the things that Rebel Legion are renowned for, namely collecting for charity and hospital visits. So, as someone new here, I was wondering what the plan is for next year?

What charity have we been collecting for?

When do we usually do the hospital visits, and how often?

I am really keen to see how the rebel legion conduct such things here, and looking forward to participating in these troops!

I don't know when the major events such as Supanova are, would someone be able to tell me or put up a calendar of expected events to plan for next year?

What resources are around for our table, are there banners in storage somewhere?

Adam? Darrell? Help???


Last edited by Fyr Mureys () on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:50 am; edited 51 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 466

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate we dont have a specific charity we collect for as for banners I have one Tables at conventions are most of the time provided , Hospital visits there is a new state policy on working with children I think most hospitals now are needing us to carry out some check on people who are going to visit .
I have one troop request working out how we are going to do it and what they want

will know more in the coming weeks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 466

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for a planning calender not the easiest thing to do until we get some more troop requests , I know you are a nurse any chance of hospital visits at your hospital
Guys if you know of people who want us to troop Pm Myself or Adam to discuss

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oigen
Guest







PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imperial_brick wrote:
As for a planning calender not the easiest thing to do until we get some more troop requests , I know you are a nurse any chance of hospital visits at your hospital
Cheers


I also work at a hospital so when we wanted to do a troop at my workplace I just approached the unit manager to organise something and got the clarification of what is needed/allowed to do a troop there.

Also another great annual event is the EB Games starlight days (usually around may). Best way to run that is to approach your local store to see if they are participating in the even and if so would they like you to help out Very Happy
Back to top
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 2207
Location: Sydney Saber Arena
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oigen wrote:
imperial_brick wrote:
As for a planning calender not the easiest thing to do until we get some more troop requests , I know you are a nurse any chance of hospital visits at your hospital
Cheers


I also work at a hospital so when we wanted to do a troop at my workplace I just approached the unit manager to organise something and got the clarification of what is needed/allowed to do a troop there.

Also another great annual event is the EB Games starlight days (usually around may). Best way to run that is to approach your local store to see if they are participating in the even and if so would they like you to help out Very Happy


I work at a big private hospital but there no children's wards there. Have we trooped at Westmead and Randwick before? Does anyone have contacts there or should we head over and start asking what may be required?

If working with children clearance is required that is easy enough to get hold of, it's a police check so you can get that clearance from any police station. However, I can look into that further from a hospital perspective. It makes sense for our people to get that clearance before heading into a children's ward.

As far as the calendar is concerned, I was thinking of trying to get together as a skeleton at least the dates of when Supanova, heroes and villains, EB games etc are expected as potential troops.
_________________
Until our next happy meeting! Wink

Tython Base Facebook Page
Tython Base Membership Officer
Tython Base founding Commanding Officer 2013-2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jedi_ric (rick chinn)
Hoth Base XO
Hoth Base XO


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2110

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of RL in Vic have our WWCC, easy and quick

We will continue to work on National troops so hope to help fill up your calendar a little it more.

I will look at ours and give you some suggestions soon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chewie
Guest







PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
AhsokaTano ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 331
Location: Sydney Saber Arena Australia
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I see anything come up especially in NSW I will post it in the mission planning section or on the board as a general like the EBgamesExpo. Then people who usually plan e.g. ImperialBrick or Adam.S can then get all the details right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 641
Location: Sydney ,Australia
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys , ok thus far with NSW we have had a fairly small group, which several are 501st , and the others are also duel members of another club NO.
So all past event have been coordinated through these two other clubs, which our members have attended , but under the ther clubs, as we have had no real leadership here in the past.

A few months back we ( imperial Brick and my self) were asked to be State captains, so we could help coordinate more trooping opportunities here and to help spread the word of RL.
So we as a group here in NSW haven't been that active under this banner and are now slowly getting this under way.
As far as hospital troops , those have been happening, but under the other two groups who have been the main organises for them as they have been dealing with the hospitals for a long time. It doesn't mean we cant be involved from now on .
With charity's and money's, we have to look at the logistics of it, say when we troop for the 501st SCG and we are raising money for Miracle Baby's we have a humidi crib , supplied by them that is locked that they drop off and pick up, we don't need to handle the money's. also when we do small troops we have had people make a donation to a charity group on our behalf, so we don't have to handle the money's .

I'm hoping to chat with Imperial Brick and TrooperDyl to discuss this more for future troops real soon.

Regarding troops, we don't have to organise all of them, my Dream night troop I organised, asked and invited people, I asked some people with more experience for some tips, but I took care of it.
If you come across a potential troop please chat with us about it, it's a great way to learn .
If the request is a bit tricky or your not sure about it, talk to us and we can help, guide or organise on your behalf, but always remember we all have lives out side of here , I know Idont get to every troop, I work weekends and and when I'm not I do like to spend time with family , I usually do troops that I can attend with my family , it works best for me,.
But I'm always happy to lend a hand when I can.

Now we have new members joining and we are growing we will get more RL representing at Troops, and can start to build up.


Well that's my thoughts on it, any ways.
Cheers
_________________
Make your Mark on Society not in Society.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apok ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Posts: 246

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the base likes what Moxxxie is doing with the new forum site you will not need to keep a skeleton calendar. With her techno wizardry on the Redbacks forums it is all done with lines of code and stuff I have no idea how it works.

It is all done nice, neat and easy to find events that are all lined up in date order. There is also the added bonus of adding yourself to the troop and seeing who else has signed up. Let me tell you that is an amazing feature when you are the organiser for a troop when you need to know numbers. No need to count through the posts to see who is coming (as the organiser for the DW troops you can see how this is a feature you need with 100+ characters possibly turning up to this event).

Also there is a trooping template that makes getting all the info that you need to the people attending in a uniform format and takes the hard thinking out for the organiser so you don't miss anything.

Moxxxie you are a genius. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 2207
Location: Sydney Saber Arena
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedi_ric wrote:
Most of RL in Vic have our WWCC, easy and quick

We will continue to work on National troops so hope to help fill up your calendar a little it more.

I will look at ours and give you some suggestions soon


Thank you, Rick. What is the WWCC? Is that a charity? How do you collect for them?

Heroes and Villains this year was before I was an official member, but I heard that there was some sort of national agreement with the organisers, and similar forSupanova. As such, it would be helpful if we knew the broad terms of those agreements so that we can meet our commitments for them. I appreciate you looking through the calendar for us, thank you.

Swiv wrote:
I see 2 events missing here that no Star Wars group should miss (especially RL due to the nature of the event). Episode 2 in 3D in September and Episode 3 in 3D in October. Even though it might not be a Lucas Film launch we should throw our support behind it.


Of course we should! This is why I put this here, to pool our collective information on a common page so that we can start discussing upcoming possibilities!

Swiv wrote:
I will only suggest that we try to work with the other groups for we are all Star Wars fans (I know about the Lucas Film thing, but at least try (and please no yoda puns)).


There is no try.
Do it!

Of course we should work with the other groups, but we need to know what they have planned, too, and if we are invited. I think it would be great if we had our own troops that we could invite them to, in a sharing relationship, rather than just hanging around their pages begging for handouts.

AhsokaTano wrote:
If I see anything come up especially in NSW I will post it in the mission planning section or on the board as a general like the EBgamesExpo. Then people who usually plan e.g. ImperialBrick or Adam.S can then get all the details right.


May I suggest that you post them here as well so that we can keep all that discussion on the one place? You did well on the EB games thing, and doing things like that start us moving together as a team rather than a bunch of individuals.

Adam.S wrote:
Hi guys , ok thus far with NSW we have had a fairly small group, which several are 501st , and the others are also duel members of another club NO.
So all past event have been coordinated through these two other clubs, which our members have attended , but under the other clubs, as we have had no real leadership here in the past.


With Saber Arena generating new members who are not affiliated with either of those groups, we have a growing pool of new people who are unaware of the activities of those groups. As such, we need dual members to relay events from those groups here as soon as possible, so that we can be aware of them and volunteer ourselves! Wink

Adam.S wrote:
A few months back we ( imperial Brick and my self) were asked to be State captains, so we could help coordinate more trooping opportunities here and to help spread the word of RL. So we as a group here in NSW haven't been that active under this banner and are now slowly getting this under way.


I'm sure the members then appreciated you stepping up to take on the role, and I certainly appreciate your input now! I had a fantastic troop at Heroes and Villains with Imperial Brick and I am really looking forward to DN with you and everyone. I am sure that I and the other new members are keen to do our part to help get things moving.

Adam.S wrote:
As far as hospital troops , those have been happening, but under the other two groups who have been the main organises for them as they have been dealing with the hospitals for a long time. It doesn't mean we cant be involved from now on .


That would be wonderful, thank you! Again, if you are aware of such troops with other groups, would you please ask them to relay their invitation for RL here so that we can volunteer for them?

Adam.S wrote:
With charity's and money's, we have to look at the logistics of it, say when we troop for the 501st SCG and we are raising money for Miracle Baby's we have a humidi crib , supplied by them that is locked that they drop off and pick up, we don't need to handle the money's. also when we do small troops we have had people make a donation to a charity group on our behalf, so we don't have to handle the money's .


From personal experience, when people promise to make a donation, it is all too easy to forget later. The humidicrib is a great idea and a worthy charity, but that is 501st's baby (pardon the pun) and if Rebel Legion are to stand on our own two feet we should have our own charity to collect for. I am certain that the charities themselves have their own ways of organising such collections, perhaps it would be worthwhile contacting a few of them and asking how they would work with us and vice-versa. Does anyone have any suggestion as to which charities we should contact?

Adam.S wrote:
I'm hoping to chat with Imperial Brick and TrooperDyl to discuss this more for future troops real soon.

Regarding troops, we don't have to organise all of them, my Dream night troop I organised, asked and invited people, I asked some people with more experience for some tips, but I took care of it. If you come across a potential troop please chat with us about it, it's a great way to learn . If the request is a bit tricky or your not sure about it, talk to us and we can help, guide or organise on your behalf,


These things are always a pain, and it's always good when there are more people around to spread the load a bit. Everyone has lives and are busy, but everyone should try (Do!) to put their hand up and help organising some of these things... Helping out is the best way to learn! This especially applies for things like new members volunteering for nitty-gritty work like Bump-in and Bump-outs... I would have loved to have helped with those at H&V but I was unaware when they happened... SSA got back from a display to discover the stall already packed! :/ (Great work, by the way, to Imperial Brick and his team!)

Adam.S wrote:
... but always remember we all have lives out side of here , I know I don't get to every troop, I work weekends and and when I'm not I do like to spend time with family , I usually do troops that I can attend with my family , it works best for me. But I'm always happy to lend a hand when I can. Now we have new members joining and we are growing we will get more RL representing at Troops, and can start to build up. Well that's my thoughts on it, any ways.
Cheers


I understand completely, my life is scheduled around kids too and working weekends is a pain. Family and career should always take priority before hobbies and leisure activities, with out their support we wouldn't be here! Wink

Thank you for your thoughts, Adam, they are much appreciated. I am certain that all the new members will be relying heavily on the guidance of our experienced leaders to help us get underway, and many thanks in advance!

Phew! Sorry for the novel, folks... So much to do, so little time! Wink

Thanks everyone!
Fyr
_________________
Until our next happy meeting! Wink

Tython Base Facebook Page
Tython Base Membership Officer
Tython Base founding Commanding Officer 2013-2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 2207
Location: Sydney Saber Arena
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apok wrote:
If the base likes what Moxxxie is doing with the new forum site you will not need to keep a skeleton calendar. With her techno wizardry on the Redbacks forums it is all done with lines of code and stuff I have no idea how it works.

It is all done nice, neat and easy to find events that are all lined up in date order. There is also the added bonus of adding yourself to the troop and seeing who else has signed up. Let me tell you that is an amazing feature when you are the organiser for a troop when you need to know numbers. No need to count through the posts to see who is coming (as the organiser for the DW troops you can see how this is a feature you need with 100+ characters possibly turning up to this event).

Also there is a trooping template that makes getting all the info that you need to the people attending in a uniform format and takes the hard thinking out for the organiser so you don't miss anything.

Moxxxie you are a genius. Very Happy


I agree, Apok. The trooping software on the test site is great. However, that is a work in progress, and we need to start discussing these things now rather than wait an indeterminate length of time for that to be implemented. This calendar would help ensure that if we do move, we have all the troops represented, and also allow discussion of potential troops that haven't been formally announced with time and date. Hmmm, I may ask Moxxxie about that idea, too.
_________________
Until our next happy meeting! Wink

Tython Base Facebook Page
Tython Base Membership Officer
Tython Base founding Commanding Officer 2013-2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Master_Sully ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Posts: 1238

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyr Mureys wrote:
jedi_ric wrote:
Most of RL in Vic have our WWCC, easy and quick

We will continue to work on National troops so hope to help fill up your calendar a little it more.

I will look at ours and give you some suggestions soon


Thank you, Rick. What is the WWCC? Is that a charity? How do you collect for them?


WWCC is a Working With Children Check...which ALL rebel Legion members must have this in the near future to do hospital troops.
_________________
To Walk The Path Of The Jedi Is To Walk The Line Between Order and Chaos

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 2207
Location: Sydney Saber Arena
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Sully wrote:
WWCC is a Working With Children Check...which ALL rebel Legion members must have this in the near future to do hospital troops.


jeez Of course it is! Thank you, Sully! Yup, as a nurse, I've had one for so long that I've forgotten the terminology. I agree, we all need to get a current one before we do hospital troops.
_________________
Until our next happy meeting! Wink

Tython Base Facebook Page
Tython Base Membership Officer
Tython Base founding Commanding Officer 2013-2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 466

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Sully wrote:
Fyr Mureys wrote:
jedi_ric wrote:
Most of RL in Vic have our WWCC, easy and quick

We will continue to work on National troops so hope to help fill up your calendar a little it more.

I will look at ours and give you some suggestions soon


Thank you, Rick. What is the WWCC? Is that a charity? How do you collect for them?


WWCC is a Working With Children Check...which ALL rebel Legion members must have this in the near future to do hospital troops.


Just to let all of you know each state is different in the law and in NSW it changes in Feb 2013
http://kids.nsw.gov.au/kids/working/newcheck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group