Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4196d38fac62d03d1f12439ccc9b78e9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Tython 2013 planning calendar.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imperial_brick wrote:
Just to let all of you know each state is different in the law and in NSW it changes in Feb 2013
http://kids.nsw.gov.au/kids/working/newcheck

Cool, thanks Imperial Brick! So as I read it, everyone who previously have had a WWCC will need to refresh it soon. People who haven't had one who want to do a hospital troop will need to get one anyway. My last WWCC was years ago, so I'd probably have to get one anyway if I needed to prove that I'm not some crazy kid stalker... :/

Tython Base Facebook Page
Tython Base Membership Officer
Tython Base founding Commanding Officer 2013-2014
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will actually have to do one in the name of the rebel legion
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for clearing that up! Should we do that ASAP, or wait until we hear of a hospital troop, or wait until February?

imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to work out what is the best way to do this I need to talk to them to see what is required if we do it in the name of RL so just hang for 5 guys .
If you do have a potential troop for RL contact Adam or myself to determine if it should go ahead Smile
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imperial_brick wrote:
we need to work out what is the best way to do this I need to talk to them to see what is required if we do it in the name of RL so just hang for 5 guys .
If you do have a potential troop for RL contact Adam or myself to determine if it should go ahead Smile

What he said Smile

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
AhsokaTano ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man wish I still worked for DOH (Department of Health) I was the one who did the WWCC and yes before I could put through others a background check had to be done on me. That would be very interesting to see how they would process it through the RL, I don't think I ever saw a charity do a WWCC EN/RN's yes. (Enrolled nurses/Registered Nurses.) Oh and Ambo's but that was about it. I can understand the concern though because I did work for DOH in this category.
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for a charity and have to get a police federal check done , my partner does them all the time and I have had to get it done before for helping out doing lego things

It isnt DOH that do the Check though Kelly for a WWCC it the Commission for children and young people .

The check you are talking about it a standard police check whick takes it at a state level
AhsokaTano ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay all what do you think about this? http://www.foxtellap.com.au/

We could go in our gear and it's to raise money for charity?
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok you need to get a team together I am happy for you to post up as a planned one , Guys we all was dont have to look for events that rasie money it is also about events we would enjoy to go to Smile

Cheers
Chewie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
imperial_brick ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok maybe we need to look talking to a charity whats everyones thoughts?
who would you like to see as our charity in NSW
Chewie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I think it's a great idea to troop and raise money, but I think it's good to troop to enjoy our selves as well, it's a bigger bonus when it's both.

Ive been trooping for a few years now and half wouldnt have been to raise money , but us being there as the suport is equaly of value .

We have a several newer members now and it will be great for you all at Dream Night to see how it works with out raising money, but being just as important.

There are lots of charity's to support kids ones are always good ones to help out.
Id like to support the kidney foundation at times as one of my friends Suds passed away a few years back due to kidney failure , and he had this problem from a young age. We were lucky to get him a storm trooper costume made in time for him before he passed, and we got to troop together , he wore his costume till his last day , visiting the sick kids at the children's hospital .
It's a long story that I'm happy to chat about any time .
So I'd like to support them for that reason .
Or the children's hospital at Randwick.

But I'm happy to support any group that we choose.

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
AhsokaTano ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it states on the front page of the RL "Besides our 'Good Guy' costumes, our worldwide membership often choose to give back to their communities (through costumed volunteer activities and charity events). No one can provide the public with a greater range of Star Wars costumes, nor a more personable, interactive, face to face experience." Many of you may not know this about me but I have Lupus which is an auto immune disease. My friend just lost her second child to Lupus. She was born premature and fought hard for a month before she couldn't keep going. So anything that gives back to kids is what I am all about. My sister also has a heart condition she was born with it, the eldest person alive with her condition is 34 years old she is 19. We have seen too many children pass away with different diseases because we don't have the technology that will help them survive. If I can do anything even if that means putting a smile on a sick kids face then that's what I will do, but if we as a group can help collect money that will make their lives easier and not make them suffer that's what I am all for. Going to stop typing as I am actually crying atm.
Fyr Mureys ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things are worthy of consideration when discussing such things, in my humble opinion.

The charity should be something broad-reaching that many members and public would be interested in contributing to. Kids, certainly. I think that if we could do something for the children's wards at Westmead or Randwick, that may facilitate channels of communication that would ease us into hospital troops.

Collection ease and style should also be considered. How does that charity usually collect? We can't spend all day asking people to fill in forms. A passive collection technique, like the humidicrib, is ok, but I spent half a hour getting photos next to that thing and never even noticed it, as well as passing it a dozen times at Supanova. So I think that something active, like the good old shaking buckets may well be a more effective collection technique that could still get us out and moving around a con.

And how do we get such collection buckets and how do they get back to the charity? Imperial Brick raised a very valid point with that one, as the humidicrib is dropped off and picked up by the charity and there is no handling of money by the troopers. Ease of handling and support from the charity for collectors is also something that now is a good time to discuss before getting too involved in one charity or another.

How is this handled in other states?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: