Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8f10a3564f6498f90e4aad4a9d8458f8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

BCO election 2013/14: Answers from Anton (anton)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzijedi (Suzanne Stelling)
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

Medals: 13 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 3)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: BCO election 2013/14: Answers from Anton (anton) Reply with quote

This thread is for Anton to post his answers.

Only Anton can post in this thread.
501st UK Garrison #4696 (retired)
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you done in the last year that would be a good example on how you will work to increase both the membership, and the number of members who participate in things outside of trooping at events?

Answer: Been busy trying connect us to a few events I have sucseded on a few
The main Handicapevent here in sweden min fritid is my one of my prime object here here as we can show we do not turn away anyone that wants to join.

What is your vision for the base for the next 12 months, and do you have any specific/measureable goals that you wish to accomplish until the next election?

Answer
my vision is to get more members online and try to get old members back
and try to put NB on the map to show we are a force to be recon with, aswell to update and try to get standmaterials banner backdrop etc but I need the help of all members to do so as I said before to many i have meet the CO and XO cannot do all.

I believe that in order to grow you need to be very aware of your current state. For that reason I would like to hear a short SWOT analysis of the base from you. That means that I would like you to list what you see as the main Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats to the base.

Answer
My analysis is that we scruffle amongst ourselfs to mutch, many complain in the shadows and that is the main threat to ourselfs and also our main weakness , the main strenght of NB is we members , becuse we always remain true to the missoin no matter what . and this our oppertuniy to make things better if not great.

How do you plan to organize the base? Will it only be you and your XO, or do you plan to make use of other officers. If you plan to have other officers do you want them to act as a council, and in that case do you want to formalize the organization of the base?

Answer
To organise the base better my idea is to get a council up and running with regular meatings the co and xo cannot to all we need to work as a team, the country reps needs to be heard , the members will be listen to.

/Anton
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you plan on financing PR and stand material? In my brief time as XO I looked at the possibility of getting a way to finance those things and found a lot of walls in the RL.

There is a lot of wall I can agree , here is contacts the best option

Do you have an XO in mind or will you be looking for one once the election is over?

Yes I have, But I cannot tell out of respect of the election.
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you looking for in an XO?

Answer
A good qestion this is, what i look for in the XO is the willingness to help the members and also act as CO if i am away, as a well roder for me if i wanna go the wrong way the Xo will stear me to the right path again, aswell help me with hard decions and many other things , ONE thing i will NOT do is to shovel all the stuff to her/him to sort out.

Both of you mention Country Representatives or Regional Captains, what would be the duties of those officers? And how do you plan on finding/selecting them?

Answer
one more exelent qestion.

This I have thought on for a while and I will most likely ask for a vote on this if I get elected so we know this is a fair

the objective of CR I have in mind is
Merch (as we all have noticed if one country say finland makes the run of say shirts the shipping kills all intresst)
voice of the country
Will sit in the council
hold regular Skype/email contacts with CO
help with translations for RL material.
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question too. How are you bringing all the information together and make NB an active club? Active, meaning active as our counter part NG is. Meaning also that what is your aim to get the members to put their NB costume on more often than NG one. I hope you understand the point of the question.

Answer
This is the tricky qestion, we need to start to get better of charing info of troops with the 501st and try to get two booths so we are seperate but still be there, and talk to the co of the garrison to see if we can put up a few ground rules, as there can be a LOT of trash talking pepols suits, saw this in essen but i have seen this in sweden aswell , and this have scared many away.

Also a question building up a council. How do you feel about a
couples/relatives working in the same council? Agree or disagree if it´s a
good thing? Why?

No i will not have any couples working in the council they say they represent them selfs but 99% have asked for advice from his or hers partner and there for in my eyes comprimised him/herselfs vote. Might sound hard but it's true
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will you do to bring RL more into the limelight?
That we manage to work so close with 501st is really great and I would not change that but what I want to see is that the public get to know that we are in fact two clubs.

This is the hard thing, the vision i have is we supply with more banners , cards etc , some might say it's a bad idea but i don't tink so , lose some to gain some, just see model expo we are always more rebels then imps there and we grow a lot in that country right now, the more force we havw in one event the more we will be noticed. If qe cannot be seem we don't exist, finland is showing us thier strenght to get more rebwla then imps we need to learn how,
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Scenario: You are overworked, tired, exhausted, everything seems wrong. How will you make sure that this doesn't affect the work you need to do for NB? This is a hard job "without pay". How are you going to balance your personal life and this work?

Answer
Yes, good qestion , good qestion, here i will need help by the XO so she or he to tell me if am going close to that line. Balance is the key but how i do it is harder to explain. you need to see it to know how i do it, basicly i have a on/ off button

2. Like Anna said, it seems that the "power in the senate" has been too much in one country, mainly Denmark as it is now. What I mean is that the leadership roles have been placed mainly there. How will you ensure that this leadership will be spread and more countries involved in that role?

Answer
this will be the FIRST task to do for me and my Xo we need to divide the force equal not as sith does and concentrate the power

3. Scenario: People are bickering behind people's backs. "Leaders" are bickering behind each others backs. Things are getting out of control and personal and the members are suffering and might not know why. How will you deal with this?

Answer
Talk to them straight on and warn them about the consequnces if he/she continues not i will put them in the naughty corner and have a time they need to calm down and face themselfs!

4. It seems to me that there's been lots of secrecy around making of costumes and what people are doing until it's done. This is of course every persons choice, but at the same time, how will you encourage people to share and to inspire and get inspired by the other members as a unit on this journey? How can we make this more about "us" and less about "me"?

Answer
Yes it is, BUT one of the main villans here is A lot of pepol that thinks they know the suits starts nagging and wants them to change that to wht They tink is right. I can only ask them show if they want if not I will not harrass them about it. this is not a easy qestion to answer it´s up to one and all.
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of us can agree that our base in many cases feels divided. One thing that I admire in the NG is that there have been leaders who have been willing to travel and take part in events all over the territory, in order to get personal contact with as many members as possible. Would you, and your XO, be willing and able to travel outside of your home turf in order to troop?

Answer

Short and precise answer i tink will suffice here
Yes, to travel and meet other members is one of our previliges and well duty in some cases, i have only norway and denmark left to troop but due to work i was not allowed to go
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If elected what is the first three things you want to change/do?

Answers
The first thing is to draw up a plan with my xo what we want to start with to fix/change/remove etc 12 months is not mutch time to fix some of my plans my take longer some may not,

The second thing is to sit down and start going over CR BMH(basemerch handler) as my plan is that we have one in every country handeling merchs

Going over stand materials what do we need, what we dont need etc
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about people trooping in unapproved costumes and how should situations like that be handled?

This is one of those qestions were we need to be better on, if one tropps in a unapproved custome utside their sheadual time says then i am all for it, if u have booth duty etc were u are the face out fo public , approved u most be
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about the level of communication between the NB and the NG?

This most improve drastic, yet again i take finland as example wow what good teamwork there . It often ng that ask nb what is going on,
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. In the beginning of the week I asked you to list a SWOT of the whole base. Our base though is divided and could please give me a short description of strengths and weaknesses of each country in the base, and what you think should be the focus of each country in order for the base to grow.

I do belive I can sence some of the issues that I saw on FB on someones wall is behind this qestion am i wrong?

the strenghts in sweden is that we are getting better and better to talk with the 501st, but it most improve

the weakness is that we don´t talk to mutch to one and other!

Finland
Well here is it the otherway the 501st is laying behind the RL
the only weakness is that is that there have been to mutch help on certain events that makes it well to many chefs makes a a bad soup

Norway
Only Oyvind here atm

Denmark
Girls you rock!
but you need to focus sometimes,

2. None of you have presented an XO, which I think is bad. The CO and XO are supposed to function as a team and it would be nice to know the other part of the team that will get your vote. Also since we all knew when the elections were going to be it makes me wonder how much you have thought about this, since you haven't had time to find an XO. Do you feel prepared for the role of CO?

Answe
why is it bad that me and anna has not revelied our XO choices?, this has affected the votes before both in real life and RL
Yes I do belive that I am.

3b. Anton, my question to you is quite similar. Having not been in a command position before, do you know how much time and energy it takes, and how can we trust that you are going to accomplish the goals that you have set up?

Answer
I might have not been in command here , I work with it everyday thanks to my work, and I am well awere of the time and ammount of energy that it takes, the amount of tasks can prove fun and challange my mind and hopfully get the result we all want
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will you do to bring us all together and make us stronger as a group?
This will be the hardest part of the job, we need to stop the bullshit , and get past all the the issues we have had in the past!

Will you travel to each country or will that job fall on the CR and will that person have free raines to bring the group together or will you draw up a generic model to follow?

Answer
I can put this qestion in two, yes i will try and travel to every NB country,
the Cr will almost have free rains to do continue their job

As it is, each country have only a small amount of events every year.
What can you do to find more events and get our foot in their doors in the future?

Answer
this I belive we are working on all the time, but there is a few things we can do better, we need to be seen then we can be found and them events will be found

And my last question!
What do you think are your own greatest strength and weakness when it comes to this job?

Answer
My strenght is my that i can almost see and sence the issues ,
my weakness is that I don´t ask for more help.
anton (Fuzzy)
Nordic Base XO
Nordic Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I saw Anna had reveiled her choice as XO I will do the same.
I have spoken alot with Tapio and he agreed to be my XO
Suzijedi (Suzanne Stelling)
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

Medals: 13 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer thread closed and locked.
501st UK Garrison #4696 (retired)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: