Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f87a41ee2c0af9f1be50a62b59e093deMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Starfighter Project
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

RL and Endor Base,

For a long time now I have wanted to build a full scale, lifesize Jedi starfighter from Ep II or Ep III.

The Golden Gate Garrison (501st) Just recently finished building a incredibly awsome Troop Carrier Tank, http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/nilesparade05/IMG_0010

This only fueled my insparation even more to build a Jedi Starfighter for the RL or Endor Base to be used for Photo events or Events.

There are two things that might prove a challege - R2 Dome, Cockpit canopy. And of course transportation, everything else can be relatevely easy to build, made of wood and metal since I am very handy, *not just a jedi*

Any ideas or comments?

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan, MJ.  Maybe the AOTC version might be easier because of the shape.  I took a photo by Obi-Wan's at Celebration II, and it's awesome!  Much better than the screen-used Naboo starfighter I saw before that.  And yes, transportation and storage are a big concern.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

After carefull review,  it would be easier to build the Ep III Jedi Starfighter. So if i do decide to build one, it would be that one. The paint sceme would be Anakin's .

Master Jedi

Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

Hey MJ I would love to help with this project. LMK when you are considering starting this.
Ki-Ade Rane ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

me and naeqwinu would love to help out big time, this would be nice as hell to have in our order.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
donsolo ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

I think y'all may be interested in this...

I found that through the RebelScum forums a while back. Great inspiration for your project. There's also a handfull of costumers on the Jedi Assembly boards who want to make a starfighter as well, I think one is even woking on blueprints for it.
Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

Master Jedi

Let me know too. I will help in any way I can. I like building things. Especially, if it is just esembly. I could only do weekends

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

Would the wings be retractable?  Also, I'm assuming the cockpit would be able to open and close to take pics inside, right?  And if you use it at conventions, you'd probably have to pay for exhibit space for it, too. 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

For the R2 dome, I would say contact the R2 builders club. They are certain to have connections with domes!
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

good idea!

thanks,

Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

hey any new up dates to this?

Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

I'm in the process of buiding Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter from EpIII. (Carfighter actually)   ObiShawn (of H-Wing Fame is helping me.. A LOT! ) I'm using a 2001 Nissan Frontier Pickup as the base.  Just had a full change of color from "Jedi Brown" to Silver.  Campershell removed and toneau installed.  The art plans are being photoshopped right now.  I am also working on R4-P17 that will "happily" ride on the back.  Just got my dome base for that. Hawkie is right.  Go to the R2 Builders site, that's where I got my info on getting a dome base.  The link to the one replica Starfighter is awsome.  Even more inspired now.

Here's a link to what I have now.  Definitely a work in progress.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/Master--Kenobi/Obi-Wans%20Starfighter/

Any questions would love to be able to help on info on where I got my dome.

Have fun.  I know for me It's scary to actually do it.  (Mainly cause, like Shawn, this is my main mode of transportation.)  Hopefully will have enough done on it to at least get it (in progress) to BayCon.  Also planning on having it 99% done by ComicCon and at least World Con.  (Oh yeah.. WAVES at DonSolo... HI!)

Good Luck, Master Jedi

And MTFBWY!!

Kim/Kenobi

donsolo ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

(waves back!)

I too am curious on any progress with this project... and offering any help you may want from a draftsman Wink
Ki-Ade Rane ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

Hi, just been back from a long vacation, been thinking about this project as well Very Happy

EDIT : BTW just got my first MR Sabers Razz Darth Maul, and OBI!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Jedi Starfighter Project Reply with quote

Just wondering if this project has made any progress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: