Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5cd49e39a24769aa10cdd2d1b6221d81Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[12-08-2013] Star Wars Day At Xmas In San Jose on Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: [12-08-2013] Star Wars Day At Xmas In San Jose on Sunday Reply with quote

Event Name: Star Wars Day at Christmas in the Park
Venue: Christmas in the Park - Plaza de Cesar Chavez
Venue address: Market and Park Street in Downtown. San Jose, CA
Event Date: Sunday, December 8th 2013
Event Time: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Expected number of attendees: 5000
Requested number of characters: 10
Requested character types: All (Shared event with the 501st)
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Handler/Photographer: Yes
Weapons/Blasters: Yes
Donations: TBD
Comments: For the second year, Christmas in the Park has received permission from Lucasfilm to hold a special Star Wars day at our event. Last year we received great press on a very rainy day, so this year with the Tech Museum Star Wars Exhibit directly across from our event, we hope to draw even larger attention and crowds. Characters will be walking around and Star Wars music will be playing.
Referred by: From previous events

RSVP Date: December 1st, 2013
RSVPs

Boj-Vaati Mau ()
Donald Wicks)
Russell Hunter
Vincent Trillo

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Boj-Vaati Mau

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as I don't hurt myself before hand, I'll be there.
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: [12-08-2013] Star Wars Day At Xmas In San Jose on Sunday Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I am going to make this my first troop. Do we RSVP here or is there somewhere else to register? I'm not 100% but I will definitely know more closer to December.

Kay_Dee wrote:
Event Name: Star Wars Day at Christmas in the Park
Venue: Christmas in the Park - Plaza de Cesar Chavez
Venue address: Market and Park Street in Downtown. San Jose, CA
Event Date: Sunday, December 8th 2013
Event Time: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Expected number of attendees: 5000
Requested number of characters: 10
Requested character types: All (Shared event with the 501st)
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Handler/Photographer: Yes
Weapons/Blasters: Yes
Donations: TBD
Comments: For the second year, Christmas in the Park has received permission from Lucasfilm to hold a special Star Wars day at our event. Last year we received great press on a very rainy day, so this year with the Tech Museum Star Wars Exhibit directly across from our event, we hope to draw even larger attention and crowds. Characters will be walking around and Star Wars music will be playing.
Referred by: From previous events

RSVP Date: December 1st, 2013
RSVPs

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
roguehunter (Russell Hunter)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up.
Sto-Las (Vincent Trillo)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to go as well!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: [12-08-2013] Star Wars Day At Xmas In San Jose on Sunday Reply with quote

Draeden Wren wrote:
I'm pretty sure I am going to make this my first troop. Do we RSVP here or is there somewhere else to register? I'm not 100% but I will definitely know more closer to December.

Yes, posting here is how you RSVP for the event. If you have to cancel please let us know next week.

I'm trying to get extra details on exactly where you should go, who you should ask for, where your changing area is - etc.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone, Please post what hours you can troop in the above time frame so I can let our event contact know. Thanks.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Sto-Las (Vincent Trillo)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there from 1 to whenever it's over
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking Info: Parking for this event is in city lots, and you are not being reimbursed for paid lots.

Suggestion #1 - Park in the structure across the street from the Tech museum next to Morton's. If you buy anything at Peggy Sues diner they will validate your parking. Eventsif you just get a drink or dessert.

Event Organizer says: There is a parking garage located on Park street at Market. There is also parking in the Fairmont Hotel garage, another lot off San Fernando at Market Street. Two more outdoor lots also near by.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on arriving between 11:30-12:00. Plan on trooping from start to about 2:00 or so.

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions:

When are 501st members trooping that day? I do not know and may not have time to look it up. Just pick a shift.

Is there a fee to get in? It is just a street carnival sort of thing open to the public. You only have to pay if you go on carnival rides.

What do we do? Pose for photos with guests. Be professional at all times, behave as though you are a hired employee and character. Please read up on our event guidelines posted in our Endor base forum as a sticky post

Who is our contact at the event? I am trying to get an answer on this.

Is there a RL booth? No, this is not likelya convention. We are just there for photo ops with guests.

Can I being my family? As far as I know this is a free public event, and people only pay for rides. Read the faq at their official web site But if you are trooping then you can not be responsible for your children while doing your "character interaction" with the public. Another adult not trooping the event must attend to your family while you work. If a spouse or friend comes along to check out the free public event, they need to give you space and let you do your character work and photo ops.

http://christmasinthepark.com/faq.html for all the faq about the event. We are not there to go on rides, so if you choose to change after your shift and go on rides you need to pay for that.

PLEASE EXCUSE MY TYPOS, MY PHONE IS VERY TOUGH TO USE WITH THIS FORUM. THANKS.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Info:

When you arrive at the carnival you can ask for Jason, or head straight to the Tech Museum – that is the changing area. If you go straight there, have ask for Pete Adams. Once dressed, you can walk around the park, or stay in the main area – near the giant Xmas tree.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Just my thoughts Reply with quote

Just wanted to say I had a great time yesterday. Got there about 11:00 to meet our contacts and get changed in time for noon. Met Vincent from our base and a bunch of folks from GGG. Everyone was amazingly nice. I left about three, wish I could have stayed longer but have an hour and a half drive and all.

Can't wait to troop more down the road.

By the way, Kay-Dee: The gentleman from Cristmas in the Park asked me about donations and I told him I honestly couldn't answer because I wasn't completely sure and to contact our base. I assume they could make donations in our name to a charity we work with or something. For future reference, what's the official RL answer to a we soon like that?

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Just my thoughts Reply with quote

I'm glad you had a great time. It would depend on who was asking you about the donation. If it was our contact Jason who worked for the event, then best for him to get back in touch with me. I was not aware they might be able to make a donation. That would be excellent!

Do you have a list of who besides yourself and Vincent made it from Rebel Legion? Just so I can keep track when it comes time for our census in January on who has done an event to stay active, and who has not. Thanks Smile

Draeden Wren wrote:
Just wanted to say I had a great time yesterday. Got there about 11:00 to meet our contacts and get changed in time for noon. Met Vincent from our base and a bunch of folks from GGG. Everyone was amazingly nice. I left about three, wish I could have stayed longer but have an hour and a half drive and all.

By the way, Kay-Dee: The gentleman from Cristmas in the Park asked me about donations and I told him I honestly couldn't answer because I wasn't completely sure and to contact our base. I assume they could make donations in our name to a charity we work with or something. For future reference, what's the official RL answer to a we soon like that?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Just my thoughts Reply with quote

It was Jason who asked.

As far as the list, there was someone there (I assume from the Tech museum) who took a list. I know me and Vincent were there. My wife said she saw another Jedi but I didn't see who it was. Sorry.

Kay_Dee wrote:
I'm glad you had a great time. It would depend on who was asking you about the donation. If it was our contact Jason who worked for the event, then best for him to get back in touch with me. I was not aware they might be able to make a donation. That would be excellent!

Do you have a list of who besides yourself and Vincent made it from Rebel Legion? Just so I can keep track when it comes time for our census in January on who has done an event to stay active, and who has not. Thanks Smile

Draeden Wren wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: