Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e9362f81de85d6152cd8dc4e1d717bdcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

What is a "screen accurate" SG costume??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK IAIN (Iain Hamilton)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been awhile since I posted up anything here (the joys of life, the universe and everything!) but any shots of your new robes.
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay everyone! I've been recovering from foot surgery for the last 2 months so getting around has been a chore. I just picked up my new robes in "Patriot Blue" from my seamstress and I think we've nailed it with these.

Not only do they fit better - tighter shoulders and a wee bit longer (sorry no pics in costume yet as I need help taking them), but here are some new photos of the robes next to my original set in Royal blue and next to my Ep1 lid (painted the correct cobalt blue ral 5013). I took some pics indoors against a white background (no flash) and outside in bright sunshine. Boy oh boy is getting the correct white balance a pain lol. I'll post pics all suited up when I can. WARNING - PIC HEAVY!

I've also noticed that they've updated the standards to include dusty as well as royal blue velvet and I think this was definitely a good move. I'll post a few screengrabs for reference. Discuss!

patriot blue (left) royal blue (right):

outside royal (left) patriot (right):

reference:

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures of the patriot blue do look a lot more like the outdoor shots. The movie velvet is so strange in that it looks completely different depending on the lighting. It also drives us costume makers NUTS!!! lol
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
The pictures of the patriot blue do look a lot more like the outdoor shots. The movie velvet is so strange in that it looks completely different depending on the lighting. It also drives us costume makers NUTS!!! lol

Tell me about it Razz Thanks so much for your comments. I hope this thread helps those of us who wear (or who want to wear) the blue Mr. Green
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I finally had a chance to troop w/ the new robes. Sorry the pics aren't the best, but you can see how the patriot blue velvet looks under some different lighting conditions. I suffered a small tear in one of the front seams (battle damage) so I have to repair it, but I plan on having some pro shots done under better lighting. As always, I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for looking Very Happy

Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, loooooooooooong time no update. I just saw this pic posted on FB from the new Power of the Costume SW Exhibit in Seattle. What's interesting to me is the mix of the plumed EpI/II helmet with the EpIII style gauntlets. I think this pic is one of the best representations of the dusty blue nature of the robes I have seen

tigger ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Ill have my helmet done soon. I have an Ep3 Version. Just needs painting and visor put in and done. I have a force pike but would rather have a rifle. I like the Leather glove look better than the velvet ones.
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! How are you with the the robes? I have my 1st set in royal blue available if you want them. You can see them in some of the above pics. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress
Lord_Kosh ()

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: I had similar thoughts on the SG costumes... Reply with quote

I have (most of) a SG (EpIII version). However, the RL costume CRL shows that only opened face helmets are valid (with the larger crest). However, mine is like the forth screen-capture in your top post... shorter crest with visor over face. It is one of my favorite costumes as a clear pre-cursor to the Royal Guard. It is the missing link between the SG commonly shown and the RG in ANH.

All my other costumes are clearly 501st, but this version seems to have no home. RL wants opened faced helmet, and 501st has an empty CRL entry for it but told me it is RL (which makes you wonder why they have a library entry spot for it at all).

If possible, I would like to get a valid version of this so I can be RL as well as 501st. I even upgraded the gloves from a velvet look to a leather feel to it. Do you, or anyone else, know what I would have to do to help this along. Smile Thanks.
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but there are very clearly standards for the EP I/II variant (open-faced/plumed) and the Ep III (closed faced/crest only)

http://www.rebellegion.com/senate-guard-episode-i-episode-ii/

http://www.rebellegion.com/senate-guard-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/

Both versions are RL only - not 501st, as the guards were still "good guys" before Palpy took over the Republic and disbanded the boys in blue.

Best of luck on completing your uniform!
Lord_Kosh ()

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks, this is great. Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, I never found the Ep III version on the RL list of costumes... only the I and II versions. Now my costume has a home. Smile

Looks like the only thing I need to add I think is the "4. Blue shirt or tunic and pants or long sleeved coverall in a shade lighter than the outer robe.", which shouldn't be too hard to come up with.

I'm fine with them in RL... made sense, just couldn't locate the closed helmet version. May the force be with you. Smile
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks, this is great. Reply with quote

Lord_Kosh wrote:
Thanks for the link, I never found the Ep III version on the RL list of costumes... only the I and II versions. Now my costume has a home. Smile

Looks like the only thing I need to add I think is the "4. Blue shirt or tunic and pants or long sleeved coverall in a shade lighter than the outer robe.", which shouldn't be too hard to come up with.

I'm fine with them in RL... made sense, just couldn't locate the closed helmet version. May the force be with you. Smile

You as well! let's see what ya got when you're ready
cy_bu_nim (Cy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Senate Guard Reply with quote

I have a few questions related to the helmet and fabric.

1. Helmet: Where/who can I purchase a kit for a good quality helmet (straight lines)? Finished or unfinished.

2. Outer: What is the amount of fabric for the outside outfit/cloak Patriot Blue 55” velvet how many yards? Do you have a pattern, or where can I find one?

3. Liner: What type of fabric and how many yards for the inside liner?

4. Gloves: Blue fabric or leather?

5. Pike: Any specs on how to make it?

Any answers would be very helpful. Your Guards look fantastic!

Thank you,
Cy S

Last edited by cy_bu_nim (Cy) on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Senate Guard Reply with quote

cy_bu_nim wrote:
I have a few questions related to the helmet and fabric.

1. Helmet: Where/who can I purchase a kit for a good quality helmet (straight lines)? Finished or unfinished.

2. Outer: What is the amount of fabric for the outside outfit/cloak Patriot Blue 55” velvet how many yards? Do you have a pattern, or where can I find one?

3. Liner: What type of fabric and how many yards for the inside liner?

4. Gloves: Blue fabric or leather?

5. Pike: Any specs on how to make it?

Any answers would be very helpful. Your Guards look fantastic!

Thank you,
Cy Stearns

OK here goes:

1. I got my helmet from sithplanet.com - Not the most screen accurate, but the only one close enough IMO unless you may want to sculpt your own. There is a woman in the UK (Amy?) that made much nicer ones but they were more expensive and came raw only IIRC.
I modded mine to be the ep I/II variant with the plumes and custom painted it.

2. I used the following for the robes from SY fabrics in California. It was more than enough:
6 yds Patriot Blue Med Weight Cotton Velvet (cotton velvet med weight)
6 yds Royal Blue Taffeta Lining (taffeta )

3. see above
4. fabric for ep I/II. leather gauntlets for ep III (no plumes/closed face on helmet). Gloves can be tucked or untucked for EpI
5.pike - the best metal ones IMO are from cabbagefarmer on the forepike.net forum. You can always make your own from a pool cue w/ silver paint if you prefer more dyi.

Hope it helps and best of luck! Please post pics or ask any more questions if I can be of service.
tigger ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a color formula for the helmet? Where did you go to get the paint sprayed on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: