Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bd90aebafcb03004a15129e2ed1fa59bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Alexandria, VA St. Patrick's Day Parade

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(1)

(6)

User Registered Confirmed
StarWarsDaveMon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 pm
Skywalker2BThu Feb 27, 2014 11:29 pm
Bouri-PlwelFri Feb 28, 2014 3:44 pm
RyongKaiFri Feb 21, 2014 2:49 am
ForestmoonstudioFri Feb 21, 2014 6:00 pm
twilekjediSun Feb 23, 2014 3:29 am
Turtle CommandoMon Feb 24, 2014 2:02 pm
Kievan MereelThu Feb 27, 2014 2:31 pm
ShivanndThu Feb 27, 2014 4:35 pm
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Alexandria, VA St. Patrick's Day Parade Reply with quote

Freedom Base,
Lori Frye sent me the following NOVA invite for those interested in attending. She s requesting attendance numbers as soon as possible so please use the poll above to indicate your participation.

Event: Ballyshaner's St. Patrick's Day Parade
Date: Saturday, March 1, 2014
Parade Start time: 12:30 PM
Parade Line-Up time: 11-11:45 AM in past years, not yet confirmed on parade website as of 2-17-14
Changing arrival time: 10 AM- contact Jason Stanley if you need to arrive earlier. Plan on being ready to head for the muster site by 10:45 AM.
Parade Location: King Street, Old Town Alexandria, VA
Changing Location: Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke St., 1456 Duke Street Alexandria Virginia 22314. Room contact: Jason Stanley, 937-205-4406. Hotel parking is $18.
Jason was kind enough to obtain a suite at the hotel where we can change. He will post the room number when he checks in on Friday. Any donations to help offset the cost of the room would be appreciated.

Website: http://www.ballyshaners.org/parade/parade_front.htm

Maps of the parade route and muster site are now available on the website.

We have applied for the parade- I am awaiting final details from the parade organizers re: our location in the line up. We probably won't get them until a few days before the parade- they usually come in pretty late.

Unfortunately,I am not going to be able to attend the parade. Anna Mitchell has agreed to handle the on-site coordination on parade day.

Thanks!

-Lori

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"

Last edited by Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis) on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB,
Here is also an update on the parade received from Lori as well:

Here are the parade instructions- they're early this year (which is actually very handy).

-Lori

Parade Day is nearly here! The 2014 Ballyshaners St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Alexandria will take place rain or shine! The Ballyshaners appreciate the time and effort that your group puts into appearing in the Parade and we look forward to a wonderful, fun day for all involved. General parade information and instructions may also be found at http://www.ballyshaners.org/

Division Assignment:
Your parade unit has been assigned to Division 5 of the 2014 Ballyshaners St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Please distribute this email to members of your unit so they will know where they need to be on Saturday.

Staging:
Your division will be staged on Cameron Street between Alfred and N. Patrick Streets. The attached instructions include a map specifying the staging area for each Division, as well as a map of the parade route and dispersal area. You will be met at your staging area by Parade Marshals in green vests who will place the units into the correct order for the parade – please follow their instructions!

Timing:
You should arrive at the staging area for your division between 11:00 AM and 11:45 AM on Saturday, March 1, 2014. If you arrive early, the police may still have the area blocked. If you arrive late, you may miss the parade!

Vehicles:
If you have a vehicle as part of your unit, identify it as such to the police officers who are controlling access to the staging area. Vehicles which are not part of your unit may not enter the staging area and will be asked to leave by Parade Marshals.

Parade Instruction:
Please read the attached parade instructions for full details. Key points are:
• Posession or consumption of alcohol in the staging areas or on the parade route by ANY MEMBER of a parade unit will result in immediate, automatic dismissal the ENTIRE parade unit from the parade.
• Units MUST keep pace – make sure to keep up with the unit ahead of you so the parade isn't filled with boring gaps. Do not impede the parade to perform for the spectators.
• There is NO throwing of items allowed.Your marchers may HAND items/leaflets/etc. to spectators, but must not throw anything.
• Please clear the dispersal area quickly – bands must stop playing, marchers on foot must move onto sidewalks, and vehicles must leave the dispersal area. Floats must either pull to the curb or leave the dispersal area prior to dismantling.
Thank you again for helping to make this parade great for 33 years! See you Saturday, March 1st!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make note this event has been up

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53328

Not sure if you want to switch to this thread or use that one. There is participation roll on the first one, all maybe's and can't attend though.

Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's in charge of thread archiving? We have several threads for past events still open that need to be archived.

Also, Could someone that has the permissions, copy the info Rick posted into Brian's initial post on his thread? Once all of the info is in the one thread, someone with the permissions could lock/delete/archive/whatever the extra thread.
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone other than Dave, from Terrapin, that plan on participating in this parade representing the RL? I checked out the website for the parade, and viewed the pics from last year. I only saw one pic for the 501st who had about 6 or so people. No pics of RL, so they either were not there, or they just missed getting a pic.
Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrapin has been planning to go since we were invited in Dec.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53318
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a prior engagement. Sorry.
Legion XO
Legion XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to go, but my wife has AT this weekend and I have to watch my 2-year-old.

Last edited by Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis) on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I am not going to be able to make this one either.
thanks for the invite though.

Joel Webne
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else in Freedom Base want to help me represent our base?
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Steve, no marching for me. I'm avoiding anything that will require extended standing or walking for the time being. I'm finally getting out of my stupid boot tomorrow Very Happy thank goodness, but I don't want to push it too soon. Hope it goes well. You have the perfect tunic for this event, you know!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better and got out of the boot. Better to give it plenty of time to get better and not put stress on it. I'm sure you'll be out there trooping with us soon enough and we look forward to it.

I was supposed to march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Pittsburgh with Echo last year, but my plans fell through. What better event for a Corellian Jedi than a St. Patrick's Day event! Smile Hopefully it won't rain, but just be cloudy enough to allow my green saber to be seen.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: