Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0dc1c7a99c58d70c68aa42fbb8fadb2fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

AOTC Anakin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends which set of images you look at I switched the tabards on the second set of photo's from the first ones. Not sure on the robe though I was under the impression that it should sit just above the floor which it does. Plus I only have 1 pouch so I either need to get another or have the robe correct.
EeanLedgor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Wink

It's be easier to get a second pouch. Even running down to Wal-mart and getting a leather cell phone pouch or something similar from the phone/camera section, the roughening it up and removing (covering) logos) is fairly easy to do and not really expensive.

But if you apply with your robe...be sure to have the standard pics without the robe: front, back, both sides, arms raised so all belt components can be seen....and then show your robe, front back, arms raised and hood up.

And don't forget your action pose for your roster image Very Happy
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem is A) it's black rather than brown B) the metal piece on the front is acting as a rivet for the magnet on the back I might just fill the text and re-paint the metal piece. How would I re-colour the leather?

And here it is on my belt

EeanLedgor ()
Active Legion Member

Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it does look a bit odd, it's not necessary to recolor the black leather pouch. You can leave it as it is. But some ideas might be to go to Hobby Lobby and get some leather scraps and some leather "glue" and just cut, shape and add some brown leather to give it combo colors of black and brown. What I have in my mind would be mostly brown, outlined in black.

This would also allow you to cover the metal snap on front. Otherwise, you can sand off the logo and with a little rub-and-buff, you can darken it up some.

So, for about $10 or so and an afternoon of playing around with it, you can retool that black pouch and make it blend better with your existing belt and pouch.

Again, it's not necessary to change the color of the pouch, but you do need to remove/alter the logo on the metal clasp part.
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted the text on the pouch
EeanLedgor ()
Active Legion Member

Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks good Very Happy
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a thought, but I want your opinions first because I don't know soft costumes anywhere near as well as anyone here. But I thought this might be convertible to a Anakin TCW season 3-6 what do you all think?

Obviously plenty of it will need changing, but I want a face character. I'll have to cut part of my legs off so that the tunic and tabards are just above my knee Smile , change my undershirt, get the gloves re-colour the boots
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might just want to buy a tunic that fits and is long enough I don't think this can be converted to anything Anakin.

I know that this can sound really, really, Really like nitpicking, but the quality and length just don't fit.

Sorry

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine, fixing the nit picks is what separates a good costume from a great one. I've actually decided on going all out on a different face character (getting it professionally made)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: