Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=daeebc0f0f4124675bc3a7a523f56228Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Race for the Cure TROOP! 9/28/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Race for the Cure TROOP! 9/28/14 Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I got this request for us to be at the Race for the Cure. Many of us walk this every year. This is a great cause and a very big troop. I'll be working with the MG POC on this to coordinate. I have a message out about weapons and a secure changing area and will post details when I get them.

So who's down for this?

OrgName: Susan G. Komen
EventName: Race for the Cure
VenueName: Pepsi Center
Address1: 1000 Chopper Circle
Address2:
City: Denver
State: CO
StartDate: 9/28/14
EndDate: 9/28/14
StartTime: 8:30am
EndTime: 10:30am
NumberAttendees: 35,000
NumberCharacters: 5
RequiredCharacters: Pilots
RequiredCharacters: Jedi
RequiredCharacters: Royalty
RequiredCharacters: Troopers
RequiredCharacters: Droids
AdditionalRequest: We really don't have specific requests. We believe this would add to our event experience, so any characters would be welcomed.
SecureArea: No
Description: We would like for you to interact with our Family Walk participants, which is a part of Race for the Cure that begins at 9:00am. This route is less than 1/2 mile and simply goes around the Pepsi Center Parking lot. Once completed, we'd like to have you transition to our Expo area where you could interact with the rest of the participants from the main 5k event.
ReferredBy: Through the MG501 website, as we requested for them to make an appearance.

Last edited by darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez) on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email back and weapons are NOT allowed but I am asking about lightsabers. We do have a tent to change in.

I'll post more info as we get it.
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Got an email from the race organizers and Lightsabers are not allowed so this is a 100% no weapons troop.

I am waiting for volunteer info for us to register with and that should give us all the info we need for the troop. Sound off if you are going to this please.
Pagil M'gar (Patrick Gillies)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great! I'll be there in either my pilot or Jango. I forgot how much I love that costume. The only thing is with Jango is with it being a no weapons troop, my holsters will be empty.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get any more details?
Is there a volunteer registration process?
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

yes, I did get more details. Sorry, the email got buried. Sign up like it says in the instructions. We are "costumed characters" and have a place to change. Download and print out the parking pass and map that I have dropbox links below.

Here is the info they sent me:

Thank you for your patience as the event map was being finalized. For those who have been to the event previously, the event space and the routes have changed, especially the Family Walk route. It is now being held in the parking lot of the Pepsi Center so be sure to look for the Family Walk start and finish lines as those are typically where you’ll be stationed (either permanently or at least in the beginning).

Please review the attached map and print the attached parking pass with directions for the morning of the event. The parking instructions say that you need to be there by 6:30am, but that’s not accurate. Since you’ll be driving UNDER Speer Blvd, access to the parking lots will remain open all morning. Just know that as more people arrive, the harder it is to get through the crowds.

Also, please register as a volunteer using the link below. (Any costumed characters planning on walking the 5k can follow the same steps as below – just show up earlier and walk a different route!) J

The Family Walk starts at 9:00am. I believe I have communicated separately with each of you about when you should arrive – ultimately it should be in enough time for you to be ready to go for the 9:00am start (or earlier if you want to be part of the pre-walk hubbub.)

Key areas on the map:

· Mascots and Costumed Characters – The changing tent for you is near the Family Walk Start Line.

· Cheyenne Mountain Zoo – Your area is located near the Finish Line.

· Face Painters and Magician – You will be placed near the Finish Line and exact placement will be determined on site.

To register as a volunteer click here http://www.komencolorado.org/komen-denver-race-for-the-cure/volunteer/volunteer-registration/?intext=Internal and follow the steps below.
· Complete the personal information
· Select “Register as an individual”
· Select “Operations” as the volunteer type
· Select “Family Walk” as the Category
· Select the appropriate job type. (Mascots, costumed characters, and other types of entertainers should simply select “Family Walk Entertainers.)
· Check the box to acknowledge the waiver
· Type your name as a signature
· Submit!

Here are drop box links to the map and parking pass:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayq7jweh7sg3tjl/2014_RFTC_FULL_140826.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ff3x76lc0q605a/RFTC%20General%20Parking%20Pass.doc?dl=0

See you there!
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site says volunteer registration are closed...
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke wirh our contact and she sent me this:

Yes, they can certainly come out to the event!! We'll just need them to sign a waiver. I'll find out if they need to go to the volunteer tent on Sunday morning or if I can just grab some and bring them to you near the Start Line and changing tent. Just have them show up and I'll let them know what to do once they arrive.

See you all there!

So let's plan on showing up to the changing tent and going from there. How does 7:30 sound?

My phone number is 303-870-8893

Jeff
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

South Carolina Relief Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you there. I will text you my number as well
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update from Kaylin and updated links,
Hello!

As we began to set up the Race for the Cure area today we found out that one of the streets listed in the parking directions/map is closed due to construction. Originally, you would come in on Rio Ct to 5th, but now you will take Shoshone to 5th. When you come in on 5th, you will be dropped into the Pepsi Center Parking lots behind ViaWest.

An updated parking pass is attached. I’ve highlighted the change. No need to print the new version if you’ve already printed the old unless you want to have the change on hand in the morning.

See you tomorrow!

Here are the updated links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayq7jweh7sg3tjl/2014_RFTC_FULL_140826.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ff3x76lc0q605a/RFTC%20General%20Parking%20Pass.doc?dl=0
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one more update

I just caught the parking times. Kim and I will try and get there before 6:30 If not we will probably try to either find close parking or figure out light rail or bus options. Only problem with that is the walk from the drop offs to the area we need to be in is a long walk.

I'll be answering my phone so feel free to contact me in the AM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: