Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0e004bffa4597f4e154882eca1245819Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH v RotJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cato Telacain ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: ANH v RotJ Reply with quote

Good morning flyboys and flygirls,

One of the many new undertakings I want to start working away at is a Y-Wing pilot. The Y-Wing was my favorite star fighter growing up and I have some ideas for a pilot. I do however have a question. Most of the pictures of Y-Pilots I see, they are in the RotJ flighsuit and buckets. Can you make the version of ANH Y-Pilot? Or is that too close to the X-Pilots?

Y wing

Cheers,
Telacain
bjsavage7 (BJ Savage)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are just considered X-Wing pilots, as there is no difference in their costume. You can always paint your helmet to match one of the ANH Y-Wing pilots, so that would definitely make you one. Very Happy
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make either version of the Y-wing pilot, but yeah, the ANH version is just an X-wing pilot outfit. When you submit your applicant, when you're asked to select the preferred ship, you would just type "Y-wing" in instead of "X-wing", and once approved your costume would be considered an ANH Y-wing pilot.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my ANH Y wing i have a box with different color layout (still canon) than the rest of the local Squadron. Thier colors tend to be flashy and colorful. My helmet on the other hand looks like it has seen a fair share of use. I wore the real thing and know where it tends to wear, so you wont see a lot of "sprayed on black and brown here and there".

For the sake of the way-over-budget ANH, they simply ran with the same costume for the two ship types. Once ESB was announced, a bigger budget was created.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: