Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ca1d37eaffdebab88c795bb1f48feffbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Celebration VII Roll Call!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (18)

(1)

(5)

User Registered Confirmed
SongofAmazonThu Oct 09, 2014 6:09 pm
SwfangirlThu Oct 09, 2014 6:36 pm
JediDWHThu Oct 09, 2014 7:24 pm
Obi AnneThu Oct 09, 2014 7:48 pm
GentleBantMon Oct 13, 2014 4:27 am
Princess CryvoTue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 amTue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 am
Princess Liz FettWed Oct 15, 2014 3:00 am
carpe mindiemMon Jan 12, 2015 3:09 am
FuriafelinaMon Feb 02, 2015 12:22 pm
MaumiTue Feb 03, 2015 4:41 pm
plushieFri Feb 20, 2015 6:39 am
Princess LeahMon Feb 23, 2015 2:31 am
OraculoTue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 am
Dark QueenWed Mar 11, 2015 9:58 pmFri Mar 27, 2015 1:56 am
Kylo RenFri Mar 27, 2015 2:02 am
SinriderMon Apr 06, 2015 12:48 pm
Delaana TeralloThu Apr 09, 2015 2:52 amSun Mar 26, 2017 10:26 pm
Kay_DeeSat Apr 01, 2017 7:39 pm
PegMon Oct 13, 2014 4:48 am
KEU002Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm
PadmeSkywalkerMon Feb 09, 2015 2:27 am
BlueSun Feb 22, 2015 1:39 pm
AtradiaWed Mar 11, 2015 5:01 pm
LaV317Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:50 pm
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Celebration VII Roll Call! Reply with quote

Celebration VII in Anaheim is drawing nearer and so it is time for us to start planning what we want to do as a detachment for this grand event. Before we can do that, though, we need to know how many Royalty/Senatorial costumers plan to be there and in what capacities you want to participate in Celebration festivities.

We have had a lot of fun ideas for what we can do so far, which can be divided into roughly three categories.

---Detachment Table and support for the Rebel Legion Displays---

The Rebel Legion's proposal for a floor display was just approved and includes a section for all of the detachments to have tables together. In the proposal, we have room for an 8-foot table with two chairs and two dress-forms. If we do this, we will need to have one or two people manning this table at all times to answer questions of potential members and guard the pretty things we have on our table so props and so on don't get stolen or broken. Closer to the event, we will have sign-ups for what times people are willing to sit at the table.

In addition to having bodies at the table, we will need pretty things at the table. This includes display costumes, props, and costume pieces, as well as printed publicity materials and freebies like temporary tattoos for people to take home, the standards book, computer slide shows, etc. We will need people to donate goods as well as people willing to give money for printing flyers and manufacturing goods for handing out.

The Rebel Legion floor display also includes an "Officer's Club." Lucas Film asked for our proposal to be revised in this area, so they planning committee is trying to come up with a new use for this area instead of a stage, but some ideas put forward so far include detachment meet-and-greets or demonstrations. If something like that happens, we will want to support that as a detachment as well.

---Detachment Panel---

There has been interest in doing a detachment panel or fashion show (or both). We could do a traditional panel with some of our members sitting on a table talking about a topic relevant to our detachment. The other idea posed was running some sort of fashion show, like a "Royal Naboo Fashion Show." This would be a much higher production value and require sound techs, stage crew, announcers, and probably at least 20 members in different costumes willing to participate, in addition to a room with a good stage and a dress-rehearsal. Regardless of the type of panel, we would also need excited people in the audience to come and bring their friends, even if they were not participating on the panel.

---Photoshoots---

In addition to the regular detachment photoshoot, we have also had proposals for a Leia Project and a Padme Project, both to get as many different Padme costumes together in one place as possible. I think we have enough interest already for the Leia project, but I am less sure about the Padme project.

So we can gauge potential participation, please click one of the RSVP buttons above and then copy and paste this nice little survey into a post and reply to this topic below. This thread is not for discussing new ideas. Once we have interest levels established we will start threads about panels, our table, and photoshoots to decide what it is we want to and can do given our manpower and resources.

Name:
Days Attending:
R/S Costumes Planned:
How do you want to participate?: (Select a few or add your own)
Attend an R/S Panel | Present on an R/S Panel | Walk in an R/S Fashion Show | Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot | Participate in a Leia Photoshoot | Participate in a Padme Photoshoot | Lend Costumes or Props to Display Table | Sitting at the Detachment Table | Print Publicity Flyers for Table | Donate Goodies to Hand Out at Table | Donate Money for Printing or Goodies | Participate in a Round-Table at the RL "Officers' Club" | Other Ideas

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site

Last edited by SongofAmazon (Jenna) on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Days Attending: All days, plus set-up
R/S Costumes Planned: Queen Apailana, Infinities Jedi Leia, Clone Wars Senate Padme
How do you want to participate?: All of the above Amadalia I am ready for lots and lots of table duty.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Swfangirl ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: swfangirl/ Donella Abell
Days attending: all days, may be able to do some setup
R/S costumes planned: definitely leia(s), maybe a handmaiden once I get it done, which ones and how many depends on how carefully and tightly I can pack
How do you want to participate?: loved wearing my leia at C6 for the diplomatic mission, hope to do it again. Would help with table duty, panels, detachment photo, and wherever else I may be needed
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: JediDWH / Lisa Curtis
Days Attending: ALLLLLL OF THEM!!
R/S Costumes Planned: Loyalist Padme! Though realistically, any R/S costume in my closet is available for use/display since I live so close.
How do you want to participate?: All of the above? As local RLGS detachment XO, I'm pretty sure Joslynn and I will be plotting and planning (with the lovely Jenna, obviously). I can minion with the best of them, and I plan on putting tons of work in this con. Amadalia

Sew Corellian
KJO Council
Celestia Delegation Leader
PadmeSkywalker (Carrie Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: PadmeSkywalker/Carrie Christian

Days Attending: All

R/S Costumes Planned: Still figuring this out, but more than likely Bespin Leia, Classic Leia, a couple of new Padmes (currently in-progress)

How do you want to participate?: I should be able to do just about anything. I will volunteer my time for table duty and such, but the amount of time will most likely be determined by how much my son will let me do
Razz

As long as nothing else happens around here, I will be there with my husband and son Amadalia

EDIT 2/24/15:
I will not be able to make the convention this time around Crying or Very sad

Great Lakes Delegation Leader
RLGS PR Ambassador

Last edited by PadmeSkywalker (Carrie Christian) on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
GentleBant ()
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: GentleBant/Joslynn
Days Attending: ALL! Smile
R/S Costumes Planned: Hmmm...probably Battle Decoy, flame gown (I'll have to coordinate with a Padmé to follow around), if Lisa does her Loyalist - may have to redo my Senate Dormé, maybe ROTS Padmé, and maybe something else?
Attend an R/S Panel | Present on an R/S Panel | Walk in an R/S Fashion Show | Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot | Participate in a Leia Photoshoot | Participate in a Padme Photoshoot | Lend Costumes or Props to Display Table | Sitting at the Detachment Table | Print Publicity Flyers for Table | Donate Goodies to Hand Out at Table | Donate Money for Printing or Goodies | Participate in a Round-Table at the RL "Officers' Club" | Other Ideas

Idea: What about "living displays" that sort of randomly (planned, of course) appear around the convention? i.e., an Invasion of Naboo group that suddenly gathers and assumes some sort of iconic pose (like an Invasion Padmé surrounded by flame gown handmaidens with a JarJar and an Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon across from them...); an Endor Group around an Endor Leia with an Ewok, Han, Chewie and R2; etc.

And double-yes on what Lisa said. Smile

At your service, Jenna and the RLGS!
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Princess Cryvo (Crystal)
R/S Costumes Planned: Leia's, Queen Amidala's, Padme's (yeah pretty much what I can fit in the car) Wink
How do you want to participate?:
Attend an R/S Panel | Walk in an R/S Fashion Show | Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot | Participate in a Leia Photoshoot | Participate in a Padme Photoshoot | Sitting at the Detachment Table | Some Set up

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Days Attending: All Smile
R/S Costumes Planned: Slave Leia, Arena Padme, Ewok Village Leia, and possibly one more Padme costume in the works Smile
How do you intend to participate?:
Attend an R/S Panel | Present on an R/S Panel | Walk in an R/S Fashion Show | Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot | Participate in a Leia Photoshoot | Participate in a Padme Photoshoot | Lend Costumes or Props to Display Table (My Slave Leia costume fits very well on a dress form, and the jewelry and boots can be placed beside the dress form)| Sitting at the Detachment Table | Print Publicity Flyers for Table | Donate Goodies to Hand Out at Table Participate in a Round-Table at the RL "Officers' Club" | Other Ideas
Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year 2013
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Obi Anne (Johanna)
Days Attending: All of them
R/S Costumes Planned: Endor Leia (poncho and donut)
Attend an R/S Panel | Present on an R/S Panel | Walk in an R/S Fashion Show | Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot | Participate in a Leia Photoshoot | Sitting at the Detachment Table | | Donate Money for Printing or Goodies | Participate in a Round-Table at the RL "Officers' Club"
PadmeSkywalker (Carrie Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made this thread "Sticky" so that it will not get lost in the shuffle Amadalia

Great Lakes Delegation Leader
RLGS PR Ambassador
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 12 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rdz)
Days Attending: All four
R/S Costumes Planned: ANH Princess Leia
Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot | Participate in a Leia Photoshoot | Print Publicity Flyers for Table | Donate Money for Printing or Goodies |
plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Shana Farris 'Plushie'
Days Attending: All Days
R/S Costumes Planned: Senatorial Leia / X-Wing Pilot
How do you want to participate?: Got table duty scheduled for recruiting and will most likely be available for more / Photoshoots / Bringing trading cards for hand outs

Alpha 75 - "No Instructions? No problem!"
FISD - First Order
501st Pathfinder
RLGS, RLSC
In progress, Boushh and Jawa
Princess Leah ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Princess Leah
R/S Costumes Planned: Ceremonial Leia, Bespin Leia, Ewok Village Leia, maybe a Padme or two.
How do you want to participate?: Present on an R/S Panel | Walk in an R/S Fashion Show | Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot | Participate in a Leia Photoshoot | Participate in a Padme Photoshoot | | Participate in a Round-Table at the RL "Officers' Club" |
Dark Queen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Dark Queen at Celebration Reply with quote

Name: Dark Queen/Marlene
Days Attending: ALL
R/S Costumes Planned: Rebel Brief Leia (only one I have!!)
Attend an R/S Panel | Present on an R/S Panel (complete n00b)
Walk in an R/S Fashion Show |
Participate in a Detachment Photoshoot - sure.
Participate in a Leia Photoshoot - Yes!
Lend Costumes or Props to Display Table - I have good collection of Leia action figures, large and small (original trilogy) but not sure I can bring all. Let me know if that would be useful...
Sitting at the Detachment Table |

Participate in a Round-Table at the RL "Officers' Club" ?
Sinrider (Lynn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Lynn (Sinrider)
R/S Costumes Planned: ANH Leia
How do you want to participate?: Photoshoot, hopefully!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: