Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=baf4ea80a870092f698e0647cfd7cf13Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lower chest box ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karma ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Lower chest box ideas Reply with quote

Hi everyone, kicking around ideas for the lower a-wing chest box.... I plan to use a piece of 1 1/2" pvc pipe for the round piece... but what all have you done for the triangular piece underneath that, where the hose goes?

I really don't want to have to build that part from scratch.....

Thanks in advance,
GhostRider01 (Luis Alejandro Mendoza)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider01 wrote:
dirty tusken wrote:
great lookin box! How big is it in total?

thanks, I needed a little side cut and in the end this are the final sizes:

25 cm wide

14.5 cm length

and this is how looks...

more closer... Awing

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we did for our sets:

Ignore the bottom of the box.... We are working on an updated one with the correct connection to the white "bottle".

I made the connector originally by taking two 45-degree angle PVC elbows (hardware store), cut them so i could gorilla-glue them together, then filled in the rest with putty. Our master caster Charlie later made a mold and cast them in resin.... We then drilled two holes on the bottom to allow screws to be installed to attach to the bottom of the cloth-covered bottle. The hose end attaches up into a larger hole in the middle.

We might keep this arrangement for the updated boxes, but looking again at the OT Costume book, the actual shape of this white angular connector is not regular like the one we made, rather bulging larger on the left side, and the hose connection is also offset to the left instead of centered. There's also a slot cut into the top center to allow the 1" white webbing that goes around the cloth-covered bottle to slip through and be held in place.
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Karma ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone!

-k
Karma ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is what I have so far.... lousy photo, I know. The vest comes down a little further than in this photo, it's bunched up here. I appreciate any constructive criticism. Thanks.
MHG (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...in my opinion the bottle is a bit to short and a bit to small in dia and the hose connector might need two different angled sides...but that's just my two cents Wink
A-Wing Pilot RotJ - RL
Rebel Fleet Officer - @RL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: