Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b8b1732c14cfd833a9fecca1f6ec54ceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Maybe a Horansi?(Changed to a Yuzzem)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhatauntaun (Jhatonna Turner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Maybe a Horansi?(Changed to a Yuzzem) Reply with quote

I specialize in anthropomorphic costumes or animal humanoids and I wanted to make one for the Rebel Legion.

Here is what I am looking at.

Can I make one of these as a Rebel Supporter? Here's what I just finished for the Dark Empire/Dark Alliance and she is one of the first of her kind in those two particular clubs. She's not approved yet, but I hope to submit my pictures next month during Planet Comicon in Kansas City, Missouri.

It is NOT luke warm inside of a tauntaun!

Last edited by Jhatauntaun (Jhatonna Turner) on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I'll just go ahead and build it and maybe people will speak up. Or, I could contact someone higher up, but I don't know where to go for that, lol.

This is what I got done at an Armor Party, today. I had A LOT of fun for my first one!

I went with the Mashi Horansi. They are jet black with yellow eyes. It didn't go into detail about clothing, though, but I'll try to stay true to my original design.

Darinus (David Carta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I followed your build on the TDA forum (I haven't visited there in a while, not sure I will but that's a different story). Loved that one and this new one is promising.
Someone that knows what they're doing would have to weigh in as to what would be approvable. I'm just making a guess but I'd imagine that if you use an in-universe alien race and meet all of the requirements for that race, then choose something such as a generic Jedi template and meet the reqs it would be approvable?
Again, someone else would have to jump in and verify that.
501st Legion - Carolina Garrison:
ANH Tusken Raider DZ-10206
Mandalorian Mercs - Talon Clan:
Davin Ca'tra #1382
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darinus wrote:
Hey! I followed your build on the TDA forum (I haven't visited there in a while, not sure I will but that's a different story). Loved that one and this new one is promising.
Someone that knows what they're doing would have to weigh in as to what would be approvable. I'm just making a guess but I'd imagine that if you use an in-universe alien race and meet all of the requirements for that race, then choose something such as a generic Jedi template and meet the reqs it would be approvable?
Again, someone else would have to jump in and verify that.

Hey! Good to see you, again! What do you mean by In-verse? Like "Canon"? I don't know of any fuzzy critters that are canon that I am interested in, enough, to build, lol. It feels like the Rebel Legion might be a bit more picky than other places. I all ready did my formal outfit, though so, now I can do an informal costume.

I think I would have to contact someone, directly, from high up, though for clarification on how this would work out, since its some crazy idea from far off, lol.

Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can choose one of the known sentient alien races from the Star Wars universe and make a Jedi to go with it. If you do a face character it has to look like the character. If it is something that has not been done before then you will need to also include documentation of the sentient creature you are doing including images of the creature from all sides from head to feet.
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amalphiea wrote:
You can choose one of the known sentient alien races from the Star Wars universe and make a Jedi to go with it. If you do a face character it has to look like the character. If it is something that has not been done before then you will need to also include documentation of the sentient creature you are doing including images of the creature from all sides from head to feet.

Ah, yes, I shall do that. I do have a question though. This character's Race is said to have Digigrade legs, which means they walk on animal-like legs, but most of the pictures of the different species of this race

show the cat humanoids on human legs.

Do I make digigrad legs or go with the concept art? Because it doesn't always have consistency. How many references do I need, just from all angles?

Unfortunately, this species has very limited imagery of original art concepts. It shows all the different types of Horansi, but each horansi is drawn only once, on human legs, when the description for the whole race describes them as walking on digi legs. The photo I posted in the very beginning was a horansi concept, but I don't know for which one. They wear clothing in all the concepts as well, when that horansi was without covering.

The MASHI Horansi, only has one picture and that's the one with it jumping in the air, unlike the others that are grounded.

I don't know what to do if I can't provide details because the wiki for the race is limited, but its still viable as starwars. I don't know what the Rebel Legion might have me do about it. If this won't work, I can always switch the project over to the dark empire costume club, instead, due to the limited imagery. I know how exact the RL is and I would want to meet that, but if it won't suffiece, I can take the project to that group and it might be better that way for it.

Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need published images from all angles. Concept art is just that and does not show the finished product.
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amalphiea wrote:
You need published images from all angles. Concept art is just that and does not show the finished product.

So, you mean like movie stills or something like that? I could not find anything like that on them. That's okay, though, I can move the project over to the Dark Alliance/Dark Empire, if this won't do.

I don't mind, either way Smile I was just cross posting them in case one group didn't work out.

Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movie stills or comic book art, something like that.
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Darinus (David Carta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Cathar, Cantrosian, or Srrors'tok. They are canon sentient feline species that might be what you're looking for. Some have digigrade legs and have reference images. Since they're included in Wookiepedia and been in books/comics/games I'd imagine they would be approvable.

I'd love to see what you come up with, as always. No reason to not try to get it RL approved. The RL judges aren't being picky, they just want to help to make the best costume you can.
Davin Ca'tra #1382
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darinus wrote:
Try the Cathar, Cantrosian, or Srrors'tok. They are canon sentient feline species that might be what you're looking for. Some have digigrade legs and have reference images. Since they're included in Wookiepedia and been in books/comics/games I'd imagine they would be approvable.

I'd love to see what you come up with, as always. No reason to not try to get it RL approved. The RL judges aren't being picky, they just want to help to make the best costume you can.

I know, I just feel bad trying to do something and I can't find any backup so they can follow along properly, lol. I don't want to cause trouble for anyone, lol. I think I'll do the Srrors'tok, its the closest thing to what I have right now. I'm having some difficulty finding comic book or game photos, though, do you have any advice? All I could find were these so far. Also, I'm a female, would it matter if i wanted to make a female version, even though there are no female photo examples?

Darinus (David Carta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Wookiepedia entry on them there is a list of appearances and references, you could check that for more descriptions or images.

If they only appear in books for instance you can use the description as a reference for creating your character. Plenty of characters from novels that don't have pictures to go along with them have been made and approved, you just have to be able to cite your source for the race's description.

Unless it is explicitly mentioned that the particular race is asexual or that they all look the same I don't think theyde's a problem with making a female.
Davin Ca'tra #1382
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be of use to you. This is a female Yuzzem Jedi Master.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barratk%27l

A male and female Yuzzem play a prominent part in the 'Splinter of the Mind's Eye' comic, so there should be a lot of references you can use. It's quite a good book.
Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darinus wrote:
In the Wookiepedia entry on them there is a list of appearances and references, you could check that for more descriptions or images.

If they only appear in books for instance you can use the description as a reference for creating your character. Plenty of characters from novels that don't have pictures to go along with them have been made and approved, you just have to be able to cite your source for the race's description.

Unless it is explicitly mentioned that the particular race is asexual or that they all look the same I don't think theyde's a problem with making a female.

No, really. We can not just go on descriptions, we need images. I mean if it describes something as a frog like being, what kind of frog? African dart frog? Red eyed tree frog?
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Darinus (David Carta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the correction, I wasn't entirely sure. Thought I'd mentioned something along the lines of "I'm not entirely sure, but..." But guess somewhere in the 3 or so times my browser refreshed on it's own and lost what I was typing I didn't throw that in there Smile

I kinda want to see a tree frog Jedi now.

Yuzzem is a great idea especially if there are plenty of reference images.
Davin Ca'tra #1382
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: