Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cb3c53ed1b101875309dae0d46c0986cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

is there a tutorial on Endor/rebel briefing Leia hair?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Queen ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: is there a tutorial on Endor/rebel briefing Leia hair? Reply with quote

Thinking I need to hit some wig shops and could use hints for ensuring proper styling...
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember seeing one, but as far as I recall you'll basically need two low, tightly braided braids, which are then wrap up and around their base and cross over to end under the other to form an infinity loop. (Anyone wants to correct me? I haven't studied this style all that much).

And of course, there's the version with the smaller braid made from her forehead hair wrapped in suede/leather cord. These are also hidden under the braided buns.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds about right.

When I do mine, I put my hair in low pigtails and add two very long extensions. Next I braid the extensions/real hair pigtail, all the way down, securing at the bottom with a elastic. Wrap one up and and around the crown of the head, securing with bobby pins. Then wrap the 2nd up and around behind the first and secure with more bobby pins. Then I make the looped buns with the tails and lots of bobby pins. Took a bit to figure it all out, but it's actually not too hard.

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: