Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ad795c249dd41998b56a501a95ffe9c4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A-Wing Helmet Analysis-3 idendified but where is the fourth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ywingfighter (Frank)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: A-Wing Helmet Analysis-3 idendified but where is the fourth? Reply with quote

After I study all A-Wing Helmet pictures I had and the ones in the Star Wars Costume book,I identified the Actors which all had the helmets in the Star War costume book. Here are the pictures:

But where is the fourth helmet from Arvel Crynyd?

Its not shown in the Brandon Alinger book so it is in the Lucas Archiv or maybe in Privat Hands?
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that a few A-wing pilot helmets just didn't make it into the book. They had limited space so I'm sure they had to pick and choose. I remember the author saying that he has a ton more pictures of everything in the book but that there was only so much room.

The book only has around six or seven B-wing pilot helmets shown but at least eleven or twelve were made because I've seen pictures of others that aren't in the book. So, like the A-wing pilot helmet, chances are that they're in the archives but they just didn't make it into the book.

Still, I wish that they would have left out a couple helmets and just replaced them with pictures of the right side of the helmets, so there would be pictures of both sides. Why does no one ever take a picture of the right side of helmets? >>;;

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr. Morbius (Ingo Kaiser)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After scouting all the material I must disagree on "granny pilot"'s helmet...the one in the book (you made for me...thank you so much!!!) was that of a background pilot (maybe the one Terry Sach carries when he walks by Lando and Han)...

here's a shot of Granny where you can see that her left "cheek" has a different pattern and no greeblies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: