Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5683634b19d6407364e03f27f992accdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Important Costume Application Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaki ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I confirm my application was received?
I believe it's been over 2 weeks.
Jawa from Canada.
Rogue_lead ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

I submitted my Wedge Antilles costume for consideration on 10 April. Any confirmation that it was received ok? Thanks.

Cheers
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a photo sharing site that is easier for the judges to work with for submitting the photos? I don't have a site set up yet, so it makes sense to use a photo site that will be user-friendly for the judges. Please let me know. Thanks!
Obi Wan Dombek (Daniel John Dombek)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Not Exactly sure how to send you my images Reply with quote

It's not exactly clear how to send you my images.
So, I'll try this; link you to my Facebook Album of them:

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.dombek/media_set?set=a.10208285062936981.1073741833.1015799284&type=3&pnref=story

Hope this works.

I do have a zip file of shots I can also send.

Glad to be part of the group!

Daniel Dombek
Obi Wan Dombek (Daniel John Dombek)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Better placement of LINK Reply with quote

As a 60-year-old wizard, I found it difficult to find the LINK for Registering a Costume.

It seems to me that you would include it at the bottom of this information, large, and easy to see.

Just a suggestion from someone whose been designing for over 30 years.

Thanks,
OWD
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midichlorianlori wrote:
Is there a photo sharing site that is easier for the judges to work with for submitting the photos? I don't have a site set up yet, so it makes sense to use a photo site that will be user-friendly for the judges. Please let me know. Thanks!

Photobucket is easy to use, they provide multiple link options.

For posting in the forums, use the IMG link. For submitting costume applications, use the DIRECT LINK.

Very Happy
kandell ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submitted my application 2 weeks ago and no response...Even just a "We got your application and are in the process of reviewing it" would have been nice, I'm not even sure if it went through XP
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kandell wrote:
Submitted my application 2 weeks ago and no response...Even just a "We got your application and are in the process of reviewing it" would have been nice, I'm not even sure if it went through XP

LCJ "Kylo Ren" emailed you on May 27. Check your spam, perhaps?
kandell ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan wrote:
kandell wrote:

Hmmm...I checked both my webmail and desktop, but there wasn't an email in my Spam or Junk folders. Is there a possibility that the email was entered incorrectly? :/
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kandell wrote:
Granny-Wan wrote:
kandell wrote:

Hmmm...I checked both my webmail and desktop, but there wasn't an email in my Spam or Junk folders. Is there a possibility that the email was entered incorrectly? :/

No, it goes to whatever email is in your profile, it's just a click the button deal. Wink

You can PM your LCJ (Dawn) here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12850

I'm sure she'll be happy to catch up with you. Cool
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, never mind then... I see you were approved, congratulations!
kandell ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan wrote:
Well, never mind then... I see you were approved, congratulations!
O: Thank you!!
Old Ben 57 (Peter de Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Humble request: Could my background image be changed? Reply with quote

I have just been approved as a Rebel Fleet Trooper. I'm wielding a Force Pike in my photo. An unknown artist has taken the load to make a proper Rebel background. Thank you for your trouble. Unfortunately, I'm placed inside a Rebel transport ship. while my outfit - with the Force Pike - only appears on some Yavin IV scenes. I humbly request, on my knees - that my photo be changed with a more earthly Yavin IV background, if at all possible. Unknown artist, I thank you in advance.... Please feel free to contact me on peter_dehaas@tele2.nl...
Old Ben 57 (Peter de Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Humble request: please change the profile pic background Reply with quote

I have just been approved as a Rebel Fleet Trooper. I'm wielding a Force Pike in my photo. An unknown artist has taken the load to make a proper Rebel background. Thank you for your trouble. Unfortunately, I'm placed inside a Rebel transport ship. while my outfit - with the Force Pike - only appears on some Yavin IV scenes. I humbly request, on my knees - that my photo be changed with a more earthly Yavin IV background, if at all possible. Unknown artist, I thank you in advance.... Please feel free to contact me on peter_dehaas@tele2.nl...
PS.... My photo appears on the members page, but I have not received any official 'E-mail of Approvement'....
LeiaMD ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Important Costume Application Information Reply with quote

Hello! My husband and I just registered. We have costumes prepared -- Princess Leia's Ceremonial Gown and Han Solo, Episode IV.

We had photos taken by a photographer friend but they are only front/angled shots. When I initially read the instructions it stated only 1 photo could be uploaded. We didn't take side and back shots (for the Leia gown, you really can see everything on the angled front shot).

So...should we delay applying until we can take more pictures? Or apply with what we have?

Thanks.

Grey Jedi wrote:
A Message From the Rebel Legion Costuming Judges:

Here are some tips for upcoming applicants some to help make your submission go faster and smoother.

1. Submit more than 1 photo.

The best shots are a full (head-toe) front and a full back, which show the details of your costume. If the Legion Costuming Judge cannot see the details and confirm that you have met the requirements, then your application will be put aside while we request and wait for more pictures.

If you take a long time to get us additional photos (more than 2 weeks), then your application will be "dumped" by the system and you'll have to submit a new application. It's a pain for everyone; giving Judges everything they need the first time around is much easier.

Action shots are good for your membership picture, but we really need the boring ones.

2. Choose a plain, solid colored background for your pictures. (Preferably something that contrasts with your outfit colors.)

Pictures with brick walls, rock walls, bushes, trees, wood fences, mulch, grass, polka-dots (I got two with that background Shocked ), patterned wallpaper, and/or same/similar colors to your outfit take a lot longer to Photoshop. It breaks my heart to see a really great costume be "butchered" in the background deletion process because of all the little, nitty, irritating pieces that need to be removed so that you can be "placed" in one of our backgrounds from the movies.

An Endor Trooper may look great in the backyard, but that means the LCJ has to spend even more time to remove all those elements so that we can put in an actual image from Endor behind you.

Think "greenscreen" and don't worry about the background details; plain is good.

3. BE PATIENT.

LCJs have a life outside of RL and sometimes we can't get to your application as fast as we would like. The LMO requests that we process applications within two weeks of it being submitted. That may mean that people who submit at the beginning of the window may wait longer than those who submit at the end. We tend to do applications in batches.

4. Accept the LCJ's decision.

It has been a long process to upgrade the costuming standards for this club. Just because "that guy" got in with an inferior costume doesn't mean you can. "That guy" may have joined back in 2002 when the standards were less strict and his profile hasn't been updated/edited yet.

The standards are the standards. You need to read them and follow them. If you have questions then ask the LCJ for that costuming category before submitting your application; they should be able to give you the information you need.

The costuming forums (Pilot, Jedi, Rebel Troopers, Royalty/Senatorial, etc.) are there for YOU. There is a TON of good information in there. Use the Search function on this board to find discussions on specific items.

If you are still unhappy about the decision, then you can go to the Legion Membership Officer and request a review.

Thank you for listening and I hope your upcoming applications go smoothly. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: